Can someone explain Beachbody TurboFire

Options

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, Turbofire is a HIIT cardio program. I do believe it includes 1 or 2 resistance workouts with bands. There is a modifier to make it low impact. If you are a complete beginner, just don't go all out right away, follow the modifier and stop early if you have to.

As many others have said, there are a lot of benefits to weight training if you are at a weight you are happy with but want to change your shape. Good luck!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Ay what are all these programs? I don't know what any of this t25, xbox 350, 30 day shreds are.
    At home work out DVDs. Some more expensive than others...but they are all pretty much the same thing.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Ay what are all these programs? I don't know what any of this t25, xbox 350, 30 day shreds are.
    At home work out DVDs. Some more expensive than others...but they are all pretty much the same thing.

I got that much I guess. What about Richard Simmons? I remember doing "sweatin' to the oldies" with my mom. How come no one does that anymore?

Seriously though OP, this is cardio stuff. Cardio won't give you the body you want at this point.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Okay. You need to be lifting. That's the only way you're going to significantly change your appearance without losing weight and looking exactly the same as you do know.. Which is what more cardio is going to get you.

This
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

I got that much I guess. What about Richard Simmons? I remember doing "sweatin' to the oldies" with my mom. How come no one does that anymore?

Seriously though OP, this is cardio stuff. Cardio won't give you the body you want at this point.

This too. To the OP, I'm not picking on you, it's basically for all the others that might read this and have the same question. I see it quite often
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Please explain what it's all about and what are good workouts to work up to actually doing it or if I could just start doing it :)

Stand in front of a tv, stare at it, flail around.

Done.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

how do you know they don't???

come on Richard was THE man.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I did Turbo Fire a couple of years ago, its a lot of fun and I still do the HIIT workouts as a warm up before I hit the weights. There is a toning program that works with a resistance band, I substituted dumbbells. There is a modifier and an instructional workout that walks you through the routines. But if your goal is to just "tone" up, Turbo Fire is good for the occasional cardio, but you should really be hitting the weights.

Check out Fitness Blender on YouTube, they have a lot of beginner strength training workouts and they're free.
  • dbmata
    Options

He ain't dead yet, still is.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

He ain't dead yet, still is.

truth- he was on "whose line is it anyway" I just watched that episode- hysterical.
  • dbmata
    Options
    out of the strange dudes I would sleep with list.

He's on it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I've only done 1 TurboFire video and then promptly sold it on eBay. It just wasn't for me. But I do like Beachbody programs, but I prefer Shaun T (see Insanity or T25 -- I'm doing Insanity Max 30 now and I love it) or Tony Horton (see P90X). Shaun T is cardio, but he does bodyweight exercises as well, while Tony focuses more on weights. Beachbody does have a program called Body Beast that is lifting, I can't say whether it's good or not b/c I've never done it.

I would recommend going to a gym and lifting b/c you're at your target weight and are trying to build muscle. If you cannot afford going to the gym or your schedule will not permit it, look into a bodyweight training program. It will take longer than regular lifting, but you can get results from it.
  • becclesbecca
    becclesbecca Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I got Turbofire for Christmas too. I am going to finish T25 first. I still have gamma to go (4 weeks). So if you don't get round to starting it until February then we could go through it together. I don't want to lose any weight either but I want to maintain and cardio is one part of that. I imagine there is some body weight training in it so it will (imo) help you to tone up. Feel free to friend me.
  • JoRocka
    Options

He's on it.

and this is why we're friends.

and steak.
  • dbmata
    Options

He's on it.

and steak.

werd.

wait until the sous vide circulator comes in. shenanigans.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Although I haven't done Turbo Fire, I got Turbo Jam and absolutely hated it. I think Turbo Jam came out prior to Turbo Fire. It is pretty much dance aerobics/cardio. If you like zumba or stuff like that, you would probably like it but don't be fooled into thinking it will make you "shredded" or "toned".....cardio alone isn't going to do that. Even though I may not be a fan of dancy aerobics/cardio, anything is better than sitting on the couch. So if you like to dance/do aerobics, rock on with your bad self :) If you eventually want to get serious about changing your shape, I would highly recommend a weight training program like Strong Curves or Stronglifts.
  • JoRocka
    Options

He's on it.

and steak.

werd.

wait until the sous vide circulator comes in. shenanigans.

With baited breath I wait!
  • dbmata
    Options
    seal10.jpg

of approval.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    giggle.
  • linzbarker
    linzbarker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My co-ordination is balls. I couldn't keep up with TurboFire - but I got her "lifting version" which is Chalean Extreme and it was amazing. I toned up and gained some amazing definition in my arms and midsection. I lost 13lbs on it but more than that I had incredible muscle gains. I was never comfortable in a bathing suit and I went to my wedding rehearsal dinner in a crop top showing off my midsection. Seriously, check it out! It's like introducing you to lifting while also getting in the fat loss with cardio