Options

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    DATE...................... MILES...............TOTAL
    1/4...........................11.25...............11.25
    1/6.............................6.25...............17.50
    1/7.............................6.00...............23.50 (Cold one... -7F windchill)
    1/8.............................7.00...............30.50 (Colder one... -17F windchill)
    1/10...........................5.00...............35.50 (Even colder... -2F, -19F windchill)
    1/11...........................5.00...............40.50
    1/13...........................7.00...............47.50 (10F, 0F windchill)
    1/15.........................10.00...............57.50 (9F, 4F windchill)
    1/16...........................6.00...............63.50
    1/17...........................7.50...............71.00 (15F, 3F windchill)
    1/18...........................3.75...............74.75
    1/19...........................3.00...............77.75

exercise.png
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I ran a loop around the airport today. I got lucky and was able to see a V-22 Osprey do a vertical takeoff. It was pretty amazing.

01/01/2015 - 5.02 Miles - Cumulative 5.02 Miles
    01/04/2015 - 6.53 Miles - Cumulative 11.55 Miles
    01/06/2015 - 6.70 Miles - Cumulative 18.25 Miles
    01/08/2015 - 4.50 Miles - Cumulative 22.75 Miles (Brrrrr...it was cold!)
    01/11/2015 - 7.35 Miles - Cumulative 30.10 Miles (Big dog scared the crap out of me)
    01/13/2015 - 7.55 Miles - Cumulative 37.65 Miles (New route with actual hills)
    01/15/2015 - 3.26 Miles - Cumulative 40.91 Miles
    01/16/2015 - 3.21 Miles - Cumulative 44.12 Miles
    01/18/2015 - 8.01 Miles - Cumulative 52.13 Miles

GOAL: 75 Miles

exercise.png
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I know I'm very late, but I would like to join. My workout buddy wants to run a marathon. I'm cool with being about to do a few 5Ks and at least one 10K this year. I'm setting my goal at 10 miles for now. I need to walk my neighborhood to see if it is safe to run there. I'm terrified of dogs. I do have a gym membership but it's difficult to get a treadmill right now.
    exercise.png
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    I know I'm very late, but I would like to join. My workout buddy wants to run a marathon. I'm cool with being about to do a few 5Ks and at least one 10K this year. I'm setting my goal at 10 miles for now. I need to walk my neighborhood to see if it is safe to run there. I'm terrified of dogs. I do have a gym membership but it's difficult to get a treadmill right now.
    exercise.png

I once had to square off with a large dog that I thought was going to attack, but luckily it changed its mind at the last minute. After that, I went out and bought a key-chain sized can of mace. I run with that in one hand at all times now days. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it yet. I can't express how PO'd I get at irresponsible dog owners.

• dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    2 miles this morning.

exercise.png
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »
    I once had to square off with a large dog that I thought was going to attack, but luckily it changed its mind at the last minute. After that, I went out and bought a key-chain sized can of mace. I run with that in one hand at all times now days. Fortunately, I haven't had to use it yet. I can't express how PO'd I get at irresponsible dog owners.

I am making a note of the key-chain sized can of mace. I will be checking Amazon for it.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Had a fun race at Disneyland today. Lots of people running in costume; no clue how you run 13 miles in a wookie costume! Weather was a perfect 50 and overcast for almost the entire race. I didn't PR but did well and I am happy with my time. I ended up being 20th in my age group out of almost 200 women!

How awesome!! Congratulations!!

• HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    1/1, 2.0 miles, outside
    1/4, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    1/5, 4.34 miles, treadmill
    1/10, 5.2 miles, outside, cold but sunny!
    1/12, 3.37 miles, treadmill
    1/13, Zumba
    1/14, unplanned rest day - life (work) got in the way
    1/15, 4.0 miles, treadmill
    1/16, 6.22 miles, treadmill
    1/17, 3.2 miles, treadmill
    1/18, 7.2 miles, outside!!!!!!!!!!! 34 and freezing rain - but was awesome to be out there!!
    1/19, 3.0 miles, outside! 43 degrees! Felt like spring!

42.87 miles total; 70 miles goal

exercise.png
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Had a fun race at Disneyland today. Lots of people running in costume; no clue how you run 13 miles in a wookie costume! Weather was a perfect 50 and overcast for almost the entire race. I didn't PR but did well and I am happy with my time. I ended up being 20th in my age group out of almost 200 women!

Great to hear you enjoyed your race and had good weather. Have you got your next half planed yet?
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @shanaber - Fun and great job! I had a cople of friends that ran that half as well and enjoyed it.

@ohhim - amazing PR!

I am feeling a better as long as I am very careful about what I eat. I ran a nice, easy 5 miler this morning. Tapering for the half!

Date Miles Total
    1-Jan 10 10
    3-Jan 10 20
    4-Jan 10.5 30.5
    6-Jan 7 37.5
    7-Jan 5 42.5
    10-Jan 13 55.5
    13-Jan 8 63.5
    15-Jan 7 70.5
    17-Jan 7 77.5
    18-Jan 5 82.5
  • johnsonnelly
    johnsonnelly Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Jan 1 - 2.5 miles
    Jan 2 - Rest
    Jan 3 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Jan 4 - 2 miles (am) and 1.5 miles (pm) = 3.5 miles
    Jan 5 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Jan 6 - Rest
    Jan 7 - Rest
    Jan 8 - 2.1 miles
    Jan 9 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Jan 10 - 3.3 nice (45 degree) miles
    Jan 11 - 3.1 miles (FREEZING cold outside so 1/2 out and 1/2 on treadmill)
    Jan 12 - 3.1 (5k)
    Jan 13 - 1 (No time)
    Jan 14 - 3.1 miles (5k)
    Jan 15 - Rest
    Jan 16 - Travel
    Jan 17 - Travel
    Jan 18 - 5 miles
    Jan 19 - 3.1 miles (5k)

exercise.png
  • Lesleycali
    Lesleycali Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Congratulations!!!! That's a great rank in your age group :) What's next for you?
  • runforit
    runforit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    10km on Saturday and 5km today.

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    I ran a loop around the airport today. I got lucky and was able to see a V-22 Osprey do a vertical takeoff. It was pretty amazing.

Very cool

• MissBum
    MissBum Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    1/3: 3.5
    1/5: 3.5
    1/6: 2.0
    1/7: 2.3
    1/18: 3.6
    1/19: 3.7

Total miles: 18.6
    Goal miles: 50
    Miles to go: 31.4

• ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    l
    That's great! It's very hard to PR at any Disney event, I've heard. The 5K I did on New Years was called "Flamingo race" and there were people dressed like flamingos and one guy had on pink tights, tutu, pink shirt with feathers glued (somehow!) all over his pink shirt and he had a pink flamingo mask. I kept wondering how he ran the whole way in the mask but he did. But a wookie costume ... they had to have walked!

and ...
    I had to look up what a V-22 Osprey was. In Florida we have a lot of the Osprey birds around so I thought maybe it was a special type of bird. Duh.. I'm not too much into cars or aircraft.
    I carry mace too. It's not very handy where I'm carrying it but I have it, more in case of bears than dogs because I'm usually running from 4:30-5:30 am and surprisingly I never see dogs. Sometimes a cat will scare the *** out of me though.

@fabnine - That's so amazing you run more miles than your son bikes! My daughter ran a lot with me when she was home for her winter break and now we are keeping up with each other on endomondo and texting. We are doing a 10K together when she comes home for spring break. She is 21 and played sports growing up, then played two years in college, but quit after two years (it was just too much time) so running has been a new thing for her. She seems to be loving it, as am I.

Jan 1 - 5K on the beach;
    Jan 2 - rest
    Jan 3 - 34 mile bike ride
    Jan 4 - 4.5
    Jan 5 - Strength Training
    Jan 6 - 4.0
    Jan 7 - rest
    Jan 8 - 4.1
    Jan 9 - strength training
    Jan 10 - 4.5
    Jan 11 - 3.4 and 24 mile bike ride
    Jan 12 - 3.3
    Jan 13 - strength training
    Jan 14 - 4.4
    Jan 15 - rest day
    Jan 16 - strength training
    Jan 17 - 34 mile bike ride.
    Jan 18 - 52 mile bike ride. Hope I can run tomorrow, or even walk, lol.
    Jan 19- 4.5 - one sore calf from biking, but not too bad.

exercise.png

• Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @shanaber Congrats! It's on my bucket list to run a Disney marathon, I bet it was so much fun!

I'm back after a week long journey to Motherland :) 3 miles today, and man was it rough! I don't know who or what to blame: the 12 hours on the plane, the amount of authentic russian food I ate at my mom's house, the growing human in my womb, or all of the above :# Sloooowly getting back to my usual routine...

exercise.png

1/1 = 6 miles
    1/2 = 4 miles + strength training
    1/3 = 6.5 miles
    1/4 = 3 miles + strength training
    1/5 = 6.5 miles
    1/6 = 0 miles, strength training
    1/7 = 6.5 miles
    1/8 = 0 miles, strength training
    1/9 = Rest day
    1/10 = 6.5 miles
    1/11 = 3 miles + strength training
    1/19 = 3 miles
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Ohhim wrote: »
    First 15 miles of today's marathon went perfectly, next 5 were on pace, but ran into a headwind and too much sun/heat on my last 6 to crack the 3:45 mark and bonked a bit at the end. Finished in 3:52, a 55 minute PR over my last marathon, so I'll take it. Looking forward to improving at my next one in May (Pittsburgh).

Back to bed now to curl up and die for a few hours before I think about moving my legs again.
    January 18 - 26.2 miles (@ 8:48 pace)
    Well you didn't make that 3:44 but a 55 minute PR is pretty awesome and so is an 8:48 pace! Congratulations! Hope your legs are moving better today!
  • shanaber
    edited January 2015
    Options
    tdbernrd wrote: »
    I am making a note of the key-chain sized can of mace. I will be checking Amazon for it.
    Be careful of the wind direction if you do have to use it. You may end up with it in your face more than the dog's. That is why I run with a mini air horn instead.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @HealthyFocused715‌, @Abakan‌, @Lesleycali‌, @ddmom0811‌, @Runningmischka‌ - Thanks! The race was fun and a little crazy. One of the Wookie runners definitely ran it, he finished not too far behind me. I was surprised that there were all kinds of places set up in the parks where you could stop and have your picture taken with the Star Wars characters and even more surprised at how many people were lined up to get their pictures taken. The lines were longer for the pictures than the porta potties! There was also one section around mile 8-9 that was really boring - just running through the streets in a so-so neighborhood with no entertainment or anything. For me it was a point where you're starting to get tired and I really could have had something fun going on to distract me.

I have nothing more scheduled until July when I will be running the 1st half of the San Francisco Marathon (you can run the 1st half, the 2nd half or the full). I am excited because the part I am running goes out and back across the Golden Gate bridge!
This discussion has been closed.