Losing with setting at 1lb/week?

Options
Anyone success stories of substantial weight loss with 1lb/week goal and eating most of those calories?

Replies

• Tina0488
    Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Tried it for 50 days...lost 2 pounds the first week then 1 the next and none the last 36 days....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Works fine. Weigh your food.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Yes. If it's not working for you, just adjust your daily target down by 250/day until you see progress. Not everyone has the same basal metabolism.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Yes, meeting and exceeding. 47-year-old lazy low energy hypothyroidal chick here.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

+1
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I've been set at .5 or 1 per week for most of my time on MFP this past year (I skipped out March- September and just ate whatever so it wasn't a full 12 month effort). I have lost 50 lbs so far during 2014 and I typically eat all the calories or over. Sometimes I go down to 2/week but I usually don't stay there, I like to eat too much.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

+1

+2
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1 pound a week and lost above that rate at the beginning, but am experiencing a bit of a slow down right now thanks to some, um, female issue. I guess I'm not quite as menopausal as I thought I was :p
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    emtjmac wrote: »
    Anyone success stories of substantial weight loss with 1lb/week goal and eating most of those calories?
    Yes. I use TDEE rather than MFP + exercise.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I lost 80 pounds that way. If it doesn't work, you're eating too much.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    Works for me!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have mine at 1lb and end up losing more than that on average every week, usually between 1.25 and 2lbs. I eat all my calories usually. I have adjusted my calories however to be closer to my BMR and that has helped tremendously
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It's a tool, fine tune it as necessary based on actual results - I don't always lose the whole pound lately, but when I don't I usually have a good idea why - it undoubtedly makes you more aware of your calorie intake regardless of how precisely you use it