Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Losing with setting at 1lb/week?

Anyone success stories of substantial weight loss with 1lb/week goal and eating most of those calories?

Replies

• Tina0488
    Tina0488 Posts: 18 Member
    Tried it for 50 days...lost 2 pounds the first week then 1 the next and none the last 36 days....
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Works fine. Weigh your food.
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Yes. If it's not working for you, just adjust your daily target down by 250/day until you see progress. Not everyone has the same basal metabolism.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited December 2014
    Yes, meeting and exceeding. 47-year-old lazy low energy hypothyroidal chick here.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    arditarose wrote: »

+1
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    I've been set at .5 or 1 per week for most of my time on MFP this past year (I skipped out March- September and just ate whatever so it wasn't a full 12 month effort). I have lost 50 lbs so far during 2014 and I typically eat all the calories or over. Sometimes I go down to 2/week but I usually don't stay there, I like to eat too much.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

+1

+2
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    I have mine set at 1 pound a week and lost above that rate at the beginning, but am experiencing a bit of a slow down right now thanks to some, um, female issue. I guess I'm not quite as menopausal as I thought I was :p
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    emtjmac wrote: »
    Anyone success stories of substantial weight loss with 1lb/week goal and eating most of those calories?
    Yes. I use TDEE rather than MFP + exercise.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I lost 80 pounds that way. If it doesn't work, you're eating too much.
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Works for me!
  • MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    I have mine at 1lb and end up losing more than that on average every week, usually between 1.25 and 2lbs. I eat all my calories usually. I have adjusted my calories however to be closer to my BMR and that has helped tremendously
  • hamoncan
    hamoncan Posts: 148 Member
    edited December 2014
    It's a tool, fine tune it as necessary based on actual results - I don't always lose the whole pound lately, but when I don't I usually have a good idea why - it undoubtedly makes you more aware of your calorie intake regardless of how precisely you use it