Where were you last year?????

Options

Replies

• erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I was weighing in at about 310 and miserable. Today I am sitting at 219 (been stalled out since Thanksgiving) and feeling pretty damn good. I have miles to go, of course, but I'm working on it!

Amazing work!!!! Very happy for you!!!!
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Last year, I had finished T25 and was doing P90X and watching my husband get up and go to the gym each morning (well, more like listening!). I was at or just under 300 pounds and had lost about 40 pounds. A year later, I go to the gym every day, did six months of Stronglifts and have lost 123 pounds. God is able. It's been a great year. Thanks for asking.
  • erikarobles
    Options
    One year ago I was 25 pounds lighter than now.

Awesome!!!!!!
  • erikarobles
    Options
    amykuh wrote: »
    Last year I at this time, I was mad, mad, mad that I had started an anti-anxiety medication and gained 11 pounds in 3 weeks (when I was actively trying to lose, and I was very aware of the insatiable hunger that was popping up as a side effect.) Today, even with the holiday weight gain I am a good 27 pounds down from that point. And more importantly, completely off the meds. My new anti-anxiety medication is exercise. *beams*

I am beaming with you girlfriend!!!!!
  • erikarobles
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    A year ago today I was 16 lbs away from my first (weight) goal. I was also 10 lbs lighter than I am now... BUT I was also not pregnant at that time, lol. I'm due in 19 days (give or take) and have gained 26 lbs total. 2014 was pretty good to me since I met all of my weight & fitness goals.

You will get back there, girl!!!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I was pregnant and throwing up everything I put in my mouth......it's nice to feel normal again!
  • erikarobles
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    This time last year I was 8lb lighter than I am today but that's ok some of that weight gain is muscle that I've built up in my legs from all the hill running I've done this year. This year I've run my fastest 5k race my first fell race and my first half marathon. In 2015 I will lose 12lb, run faster and further than I've ever run before.
    Good luck to you all for 2015.

Good luck to you too!!!! We CAN do this :)
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    A year ago I was about 28 pounds heavier and almost at a place that I was comfortable with in mirror. But not on the scale, then I was wearing a size 12 and I am now a size 4. Still not at goal but getting there.
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Awesome!!!!!!

Um, not awesome. That means I gained weight which is very bad.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    This time last year I was about 40 pounds heavier. The holidays have bounced me up about 8 pounds from my lowest weight this past year, but I'm not stressing. Just signed up for the first 5K of 2015...planning for it to be just the first of 15-20 timed races that I'll do:)
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A year ago I was at 325 pounds, and one of the laziest people I knew and claiming every excuse in the book. I was getting ready for a vacation to San Francisco and was researching to figure out what my restrictions would be due to my weight and energy level, plus one of our flights was delayed because they had to track down a seat belt extender. I was also dreading all of the walking around the city, now I would be super excited about the walking and even the hills. My husband and I were total gluttons, we like good food, we just ate way to damn much of it, all of the time.

This year (since May) we have collectively lost over 100 pounds (65 of which where from me) and have made this a lifestyle change that we can both follow. I've starting making plans for things that I've always wanted to do but haven't been able to do. My husband and I are planning an epic camping/hiking/biking/kayaking vacation this summer, something I've always wanted to do, but knew that at 325 pounds it just wasn't going to happen. I also have a tentative date set to sky dive with my bff, which is something we've always wanted to do, but couldn't since I was way over the weight limit. Now this is a visible reality, I'm still about 30 pounds over the weight limit, but I know I can lose that in 6.5 months.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Last year at this time I was the heaviest I had ever been, after having gained back everything I lost on "The Juice Diet", plus 10 pounds. I decided to just be fat and didn't get my courage back to try again until June. By then I had gained another 15, for the mind boggling high of 313 lbs. Now I'm down to 229 lbs (*) and past the half way mark to a healthy BMI. I'm feeling better than I have in years and can't wait for 2015! This year I'm going to reach my goal!!! :D
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    40 pounds heavier.
  • erikarobles
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I was pregnant and throwing up everything I put in my mouth......it's nice to feel normal again!

I bet!!!!
  • erikarobles
    Options

Awesome!!!!!!

Um, not awesome. That means I gained weight which is very bad.

I am sorry I read it wrong I thought you were 25 pounds lighter this year :(
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    At this time last year I was really excited yet frustrated because I had been bouncing around 202-205 lb for the entire Nov-Dec holiday season, and I just wanted to hit "onederland" finally. It happened in January and now I'm at 169.

Honestly though my biggest year of change was 2013. 2014 has just been more of the same, in a good way!
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    This time last year, I was about the same weight, though less muscular, and doing the same thing as I'm doing this year . . . planning my fitness and non-fitness goals for next year.
  • JVClubs
    JVClubs Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    So at this time last year I was so mad at myself for gaining 15lbs between Turkey day and Christmas and found my size 16 work pants so tight I couldn't breath. But I told myself I was not going to buy anything new and started Focus T25...within a week I could breath again in those same pants. Since then I have completed T25, P90x3, Turbo fire, and I am beginning the 4th week of ChaLean Extreme. My fight now is to get out of the size 10 pants I have been in for the last couple of months!!!! 2014 has taught me so much about me and I welcome 2015 to show me more of what I can do!!! If I can do this anyone can but one thing for sure, I would have never got this far without the support of all my friends on here!!!

So again I ask, Where were you last year?

i was somewhere in the neighborhood of 458-475 in weight, glad to say im almost under 300 now, but im very far from my goal

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Last year at this time, I was dealing with my mom's death in August, going to therapy, having a lot of side effects from antidepressant medications and had a variety of stress illnesses.

This year, I got licensed as a Zumba instructor, found out I had been misdiagnosed with bipolar disorder 12 years ago and am off all my meds, had 2 cataract operations and don't need glasses any more. passed 2 fitness certifications, bought a bike, broke my leg riding it (oh, well), went to the Zumba convention, made a ton of new friends on Facebook and in person.

Right now, I'm planning my life and fitness goals for 2015, looking for a new apartment...

Well, also, I've maintained my weight for 2 years and am 1lb down from the 4lb I gained when I broke my leg.
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Last year I was about 155 pounds. This year I am 130.