How often do you weigh yourself?

Options

Replies

• Dessalena
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday, but the frustration was causing me anxiety ( even though I'm fully aware of fluctuations). So I quit. I now weigh whenever I think about it first thing in the morning. I aim at weekly, but think the 10 day or every other week that others have mentioned would work better for me. As others have said, it just depends on what works best for you.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    every day but I don't freak out about fluctuations. track and log accurately and you have nothing to worry about
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    everyday in the morning
  • SToast
    SToast Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. Same day every week, first thing in the morning. Your weight can fluctuate each day so I figure if I'm weighing a little less (even 0.1 lb) every week then I'm actively losing weight.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Every morning, for now.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    At the minute I weigh myself every day.... Which I know I shouldn't be doing.
    I weigh daily, but if you know you have an issue where seeing any gain on the scale sets you on binges, I'd just toss the scale and focus on measurements. As far as weight plateaus, my longest in a year lasted four weeks, so measuring every six weeks should give you relative certainty you will always see good news when you step on the scale so long as you're working at it!
  • BonnieDoneGood
    BonnieDoneGood Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Every morning but I don't chart it unless it's the same or my weight has decreased This is just a way to keep myself motivated and might not be for everybody. I know it is going to fluctuate so I don't get down on myself when it goes up a little bit. I have made steady progress in last six months (at 50% of goal). Have lost 25 lbs., and 25 more to go. First ten were the hardest. Keep the faith!
  • winterskykim
    winterskykim Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday. unfortuately, its like an addiction. i should just throw it away. lol
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning and most evenings just before bed. It keeps me on track but I don't obsess over slight fluctuations. I only log my weight once a week.
  • mewilmes
    mewilmes Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale. So I only get weighed when I go to the doctor, so it's pretty sporadically. When I had a scale, I weighed obsessively, it wasn't good for me. I finally have put faith in just counting calories and exercise. I've lost at least 25 pounds. I go to the doc next week, it will be interesting to see how the holiday eating affected weight loss. For the long term, I will probably have to use clothing as a guide. I have never stayed on a diet as long as I have this time around. It isn't all not using the scale, but I think it is a big reason.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I'm in the "weigh daily, smooth the curve, track the trend" group. Works for me.
  • drbcru
    drbcru Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a sporadic weigher. I can't leave my scale out in my small bathroom, my dog tends to pee on it (sometimes I feel the same way). I was frustrated as I was stuck every time I did weigh in, hadn't lost any and then after about 2.5 weeks of not checking I pulled it out and wow - 3.5 lbs down. I was all smiles and breaking my arm patting myself on the back, sucking in my gut. Now I'm tempted to check more frequently to get the high but don't want to be disappointed. So I'm going to keep tracking w/MFP and trying to get motivated to add exercise (my failing point) and check again in a couple of weeks to see if the changes I incorporate & stick with make a difference.
  • Randy589
    Randy589 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every day, same time. I've only been at this 11 days so I want to know and see the daily fluctuations. I'm still hooked on the app so I don't mind at all. Weird but two days ago I was 0.5 pound heavier than the day before, yesterday was no change, and today was 1.5 pound lighter than yesterday. Tomorrow I might back be up some, but I want to know.
  • ffwife921
    ffwife921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice a day, but only log the morning. My weight changes depending on so many factors!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    If you go bananas get on the scale once a week or once a month only

I weigh every day because I enjoy learning how my weight fluctuates ...I use trendweight.com to view my overall trend of loss

The black dots are actual weights from the scale ...the red line is the overall trend

fpcy84qanp26.jpg
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    Every few months, I prefer seeing the big drops :)
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself very sparingly and sporadically (more so because my scale broke) but in my honest opinion, you will know yourself if you truly lost or gained some weight, oftentimes i can guess how much i will weigh at the end of the week depending on how active i was and what i ate that week....its all about not lying to yourself, the number on the scale is to just solidify what you probably already know...again just my honest opinion
  • Salford_IT_Help
    Salford_IT_Help Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Twice a week. On a Wednesday and Saturday before breakfast. If I have not lost anything on one weigh in this prompts me to try even harder for the follow up weigh in a few days and this works well for me. If you get a readings with weight the same or up then I get the measuring tape out for a once a 2 - 3 month boost to moral. I had a lot of weight to lose and would be losing 1 - 3 lbs every 3 to 7 days.
  • cooky_monster
    cooky_monster Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh in once a week but I do occasionally have a cheeky little peek at the scales midweek! :# x
  • ellisboyd1
    ellisboyd1 Posts: 67 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I weigh 2-4 times a year, through curiosity. My main weighing scale is the mirror. I always know if I've eaten badly; The food didn't get in there without my permission, so I don't really need scales to tell me.

I used to find that if I lost weight, or reached a weight goal, I would slack off. It was as if I had saved money to spend.