What are some of YOUR bizarre food combinations?

Options
12345679»

Replies

• donnamwebb39
    donnamwebb39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hot buttered rum batter spread on toast. Heaven!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Tofu sandwiches. Just a big slab of ex firm tofu, drained in a cotton towel, with a little soysauce rubbed into it or soysauce and Umeboshi plum vinegar, or even soy sauce and then ketsup and mustard on whole wheat.

I remember when a Chinese friend caught me eating this when i was in college, and her comment was, "You Americans will make a sandwich out of *anything*!"
  • Skyz4dayz
    Skyz4dayz Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter and Bbq potato chip sandwiches, mayo in baked beans, toast with cream cheese and a splash of soy sauce…..Now I'm starving!
  • sarajames123
    sarajames123 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pickle and mayo sandwiches, pickles and potato chips, popcorn and cheese ( won't eat popcorn without it), mayo with fries, and eggs with cheese and catsup. My son loves popcorn with catsup.
  • ddmusica
    ddmusica Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Banana sandwich with mayo! YUUUUM.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I don't think this is a weird food combo at all, but whenever I eat it at work people get all weird about it..

I make porridge (oatmeal) in a jar. before I leave home I stick oats, almond milk, blueberries and peanut butter in a jar, then when it's time to eat I nuke it and stir a bit of greek yogurt through.

I hsve no problem admitting to the occasional unorthodox flavour sensation, but I really don't think this one is strange!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    ddmusica wrote: »
    Banana sandwich with mayo! YUUUUM.

ha ha, a colleague and I found this one in a magazine article - it was about a woman who had lost a mass of weight snd this was one of the things she said she cut out. we were disgusted, horrified, but oh-so-curious, so a few days later I brought in a banana and she brought the mayo, and to the horror of the other break room occupants we made one.

no sandwich in the history of the world had faced the intense scrutiny of than nanayo sanga, but we were not deterred, we polished that bad boy off and declared it to be Not Awful.

our next one will be banana, vegemite and peanut butter.
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    Skyz4dayz wrote: »
    Peanut butter and Bbq potato chip sandwiches, mayo in baked beans, toast with cream cheese and a splash of soy sauce…..Now I'm starving!

The PB and BBQ chips sounds so good! bbq chips and melted cream cheese is great too
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    Also, for the record: steamed carrots and sugar free (or regular) maple syrup is SO good
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Sliced avocado on cheese pizza (I put avocado on after pizza is cooked). Absolutely amazing! And, I can cut back the amount of cheese because of the creaminess and the fat in the avocado. Now I want that for dinner....

I also like spicy sweets. Cayenne on/in chocolate is amazing - not anything commercially prepared like that, somehow it doesn't work then and tastes like dirt to me. I eat most of my food spicy lol.
  • MarciBkonTrk
    MarciBkonTrk Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Salami with peanut butter spread on it and rolled up!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Also, for the record: steamed carrots and sugar free (or regular) maple syrup is SO good

Eh it's not that far off sweet potato and brown sugar, and a lot of people like it, lol.
  • thejoshperson
    Options
    safe to say that anything with peanut butter is perfect