I'm so sick of being on a weightloss journey!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    So, I guess that was beneficial! Hopefully somebody responds in a way that I'm like "yeah, that's exactly what I needed to hear!"

Well...Sorry, Sis. I can't give you sympathy. That is not what I am feeling.

On my 68th birthday in February, I was about 2 months into my time on MFP. I went out to lunch at my all time favorite restaurant with my very supportive hubbie. This was my idea...not his. However, I took the time to plan out my favorite meal...with the manager and chef of this fancy restaurant, days in advance. I didn't feel deprived, because I got what I wanted. Better yet, I had leftovers enough for dinner...AND...the whole day was still within my calorie limit for that day.

Planning is part of my life now. Yes. Sometimes, I do have to make a last minute change; but I DO NOT give myself permission to exceed my calorie limit. That's called commitment.

You are wanting to lose almost 140 pounds. I know that you didn't expect that to happen in the first month. It has taken me 6 months of commitment to lose 50 pounds...without FREE DAYS. Other folks may chose to be off their exercise routine or their food plan limit from time to time; but I can't afford to be that free wheeling. I have a goal that will change my life. If I want to stay fat, miserable and bound to a wheelchair for the rest of my life...all I have to do is feel sorry for myself and go right back to my old WAY OF LIFE...eating myself fatter with every passing day.

Is your goal really important to you? Are you willing to make sacrifices? That's what this is all about.

Your hubbie needs to be on board for this change of life, or he will sabotage you constantly. Something tells me that you haven't convinced him or yourself that you REALLY WANT this change in your life. If you really want it, then you better convince him that this isn't a joke...something to pick up and put down with every passing craving and whim.

If you are committed, it will get easier...honestly...it will. It will take a LONG TIME to lose almost 140 pounds; but you will succeed, if you are willing to really go for it...in good times and in bad times.

As for working out with your hubbie, it sounds like a problem area. I love my hubbie, but I work out ALONE. I don't need his input, good or bad, when I am working out. It is MY WORKOUT. Your workout needs to be FOR YOU alone.

Again...sorry, but I can't join the sympathizers. I am way too busy losing weight and reaching out for my new life. You're welcome to join me. We both need to lose about the same amount of weight. 199 pounds is just the first step for me.