• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I log everything...because I'm tracking fluctuations

I follows trendweight.com for rate of loss
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Nope. Being able to see a lag time between check-ins is enough for me to know I've stalled out or put on some water weight.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I only track losses in MFP. I track daily in Libra. I'm not sure why I do it that way, except that my weight gains have been blips/random noise. I suppose that if I actually experienced a sustained weight gain, I would record it in MFP.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Consider getting a wifi connected scale that syncs with MFP. That will remove the "do I/don't I" log thing. They're pricey compared to regular scales but worth it if you're in it for the long haul.
    I agree with this and with using Trendweight. I used to not log gains and that was a mistake. Now I step on the scale daily, whether I read the display or not. Knowing that number IS going to get logged in my charts online does help me get back on track. Something about not logging it can make it feel like it doesn't 'count'. It all counts to our bodies, though. Data is good. Don't judge yourself, just focus on the future behaviors that reinforce your goals. :)

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Every loss or gain, it's about the trends that are important.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I log everything...because I'm tracking fluctuations

I follows trendweight.com for rate of loss

Interesting! I am so low tech it's silly. Don't even have a smart phone. That may be something I scan look into once my scale dies. I didn't even know a WiFi scale existed.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    3laine75 wrote: »
    Yes, every single one - stops you from becoming disheartened the following month if you get to know your body's trends.

I'm gaining at the moment and the notification celebrating losses is getting old :/

I know that feeling. I have a few friends on here who are logging pound plus losses daily. It was getting so I would be afraid to check my news feed! They were doing awesome while I was just.....not.

Haha I'm gaining intentionally but MFP doesn't celebrate gains. But I also know THAT feeling - I seem to lose bigger amounts when gaining than the piddle 0.2s when I'm trying to lose :/

• MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Yes, every single one - stops you from becoming disheartened the following month if you get to know your body's trends.

I'm gaining at the moment and the notification celebrating losses is getting old :/

I know that feeling. I have a few friends on here who are logging pound plus losses daily. It was getting so I would be afraid to check my news feed! They were doing awesome while I was just.....not.

The thing is, only your losses get shared with your MFP friends, so if you lose a pound, gain two, then lose one again over the course of a few days (easy with water weight fluctuations), it will look like like a two pound loss to anyone following your feed, even though your weight is back to where it started.

I've stopped logging small gains because of this. Anyone looking at my feed would think I'm losing 2-3lbs a week. Truth is, I am maintaining, but every time there is a temporary fluctuation, only one side of it ends up getting shared.
  • dfargher
    dfargher Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I log every day regardless. I don't sweat the small fluctuations, but logging every day keep me accountable.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I log to MFP once a week, so whatever my scale says on that particular day goes, and every day on Happy Scale to track trends
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Yes. I log gains or losses. I want to have a record and only recording losses doesn't give me an accurate picture to look back on. I've been recording my weight weekly for years even when I wasn't succesful and I'm glad to have it to look back at.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I would track a lasting gain, but I add water weight every time I do something in the gym with weights. Since I weigh daily, my numbers would be fluctuating all the time. I don't bother with the small water weight muscle repair gain.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I did log a 2 lb. gain last summer to hold myself accountable, then ended up losing it. I've actually gained about 5 lbs. over XMas holidays, but I don't want to log it because I don't consider this part of my typical eating pattern. However, if the weight sticks 1 week post- holiday, I will log it to make me accountable for staying on track.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options

The thing is, only your losses get shared with your MFP friends, so if you lose a pound, gain two, then lose one again over the course of a few days (easy with water weight fluctuations), it will look like like a two pound loss to anyone following your feed, even though your weight is back to where it started.

I've stopped logging small gains because of this. Anyone looking at my feed would think I'm losing 2-3lbs a week. Truth is, I am maintaining, but every time there is a temporary fluctuation, only one side of it ends up getting shared.
    Yeah, when I got the wireless scale I noticed that so I turned off my sharing of losses, so no one's affected by that noise anymore.

• CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yup, I log gains, then I post them for others. They're part of the journey. I weigh daily but only log weekly, though, as I don't want friends inundated by every +0.2lb or -0.2lb!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I log my weight every morning, I am maintaining, and I use that info as a guide for overall trends. If I eat a ton of salt, Im up 3 lbs. After a week of overeating (holidays, lunch out, whatever) I went up a pound. I tracked that, saw that it was a "real" pound, and then spent the next week losing that pound.

When I was in the process of losing weight, I only weighed myself once a week, always in the morning, before I ate anything.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    As soon as I go over on my tdee, my mfp pounce!! There's no way I'm posting any gains :s
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Yup. That way the future losses are more significant.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I log everything. If I do not have accurate data, I cannot make accurate adjustments.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    That should say my mfp *friends* pounce!!