52 pounds in 52 weeks

Options

Replies

• LindaLee2015
    Options
    C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!!!!!! You look fabulous. Very similar story in some ways. I'm 5'6" and weighed 199 as of last week. I also had the same revelation as you - either do something about it or quit complaining. I'm a bit older - 54 - but as I read your story I saw a lot of my own struggle. Thanks for sharing!!!
  • EnjoylifeMary
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post! I am in a funk weighing the most I ever have in my life. I'm only 5'2" and I now weigh 183 lbs!

I have no idea how to limit refined carbs and would appreciate any advice you could provide. I just bought a fitbit and am tracking my burn as well as what I eat. Thanks for any advice you could provide!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! Your hard work has paid off...you look great! And it sounds like you feel great, too. Thanks for inspiring me to get back on track!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, an awesome story. I am at the highest weight of my life and felt like I could not get a handle on it. You story changed my mind. You look great. It is very inspiring. I will try it. It does not seem much to ask of myself....52 pounds in 52 weeks... please keep your fingers crossed for me. Any words of encouragement from others... please feel free. I'd love to hear from you.

You can do it! One pound at a time!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Happy 2015 indeed! Congratulations! :D
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the words of wisdom about your incredible transformation as well as the pics.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Way to go, well done. Thanks for sharing, it's great for those of us just starting out to know that it works.

Thanks again, and good luck with your last few lbs!
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Super job! Congrats!
  • each_day_stronger
    each_day_stronger Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS POST. I'm not so far from 200lbs, and a former refined carb junkie too. I'm excited for this to be me next year :)
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I have been down about my age, making it more difficult to lose and get in shape. But now, seeing this and how fabulous you look? And you did it just a bit at a time! I'm very inspired. Thanks for sharing! :D Good luck with the rest!
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your post! I am in a funk weighing the most I ever have in my life. I'm only 5'2" and I now weigh 183 lbs!

I have no idea how to limit refined carbs and would appreciate any advice you could provide. I just bought a fitbit and am tracking my burn as well as what I eat. Thanks for any advice you could provide!

Hello! I'm also 5'2". Doesn't weight show on us so easily? Short people unite! I'm happy for you to add me as a friend if you need some encouragement. I am simply counting calories and working out a few times a week. I'm a vegetarian so my diet may vary from yours, but if you need a pal, I'm here! :D
  • nkosky
    nkosky Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You look amazing!! Very inspiring!!! Thank you for your post and the inspiration to keep going!!!
  • paisleemendez
    paisleemendez Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Inspiration!
  • cplate
    cplate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your story is an inspiration! You should be very proud because your determination and decision to change your life is working!
  • EightDMB
    EightDMB Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful!
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration! Nicely done. :D
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Your hard work shows! You look great!
  • Earras
    Earras Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your inspirational story (and photos). Like others have said, your hard work shows... :)
  • Ctokars
    Ctokars Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! Appreciate your insights about the benefits of an occasional break, as I also struggle with black/white thinking with eating and exercise. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Great job and thanks for the details!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!