Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds"

Options

Replies

• noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    I'm getting ready to do my 1 mile this morning! Nice to see this thread.
  • KalixRedd
    KalixRedd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    gshifrin wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound snide but why do you need a DVD to help you go for a walk?
    It's alright! I suffer from depression and anxiety, while I'm getting that under control I still have very bad panic attacks when I try to walk outside or go to a gym on top of my work schedule. It's just something I can do in the comfort of my own home without feeling judged :)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    KalixRedd wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound snide but why do you need a DVD to help you go for a walk?
    It's alright! I suffer from depression and anxiety, while I'm getting that under control I still have very bad panic attacks when I try to walk outside or go to a gym on top of my work schedule. It's just something I can do in the comfort of my own home without feeling judged :)

I have very similar issues--it's hard for me to leave the house for non-necessities, although I've improved in the last month or so.

I don't do her stuff, but I certainly have done enough YouTube videos, so I get it.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i do, and till now lost 54 pounds :)
    Congrats! How long have you been watching her videos if you don't mind me asking?

i started the walking at the first of October so i think i started to watch her videos about 2 weeks later.

And thank you Still going strong here and feeling marvelous :)

• BWBTrish
    Options

I use them because it will be soon enough to hot to walk outside here. So thought of better getting used to our gym here, right away. Because its inspirational/motivating to look at people doing the same you do.

My "walks" i do in our community gym. And i enjoy the motivation and watching while i am busy. I also use other music and Billy Banks video's.
    For Billy Banks i am not fit enough but i pick up things in a slower pace. But it wont be long and i can keep up ;)

Everybody is different and no matter how you do, how fast how slow, you beat everybody on sitting on the sofa.

• jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was just telling me about these videos. I found one on Amazon for $7.50. I think I might give them a try it's something I can do in my basement after i put the baby down. A lot of the time my excuse for not working out is not wanting to leave the house. Especially when it's cold.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I like her workouts. They are easy to follow and don't take much room or equipment.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I use these occasionally if I am stuck at home with kids in bed and can't get out for a proper walk or run. You can access a lot of them on YouTube for free.
  • BWBTrish
    Options
    I use these occasionally if I am stuck at home with kids in bed and can't get out for a proper walk or run. You can access a lot of them on YouTube for free.

This :)

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, so I was looking for at home exercise videos and I came across Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds. Figured I would check it out.
    Oh my, Let me tell you! I love her already she's just the right amount of peppy and she really gets you hyped and moving. I did the 3mile walk it had me sweating and really out of breath but i felt SO GOOD afterwards. Anybody else enjoy her videos? I definitely have to pick up some of her DVD's.

Absolutely ☺ and most of them free on youtube!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Well they are a bit more than just walking. Most of all though, they give you something to do inside when weather conditions outside are not optimal for walking. When I go for walks, I usually have to take my sons with me (husband is working or asleep usually) and there are just some weather conditions that I am not inclined to take them out in just so I can go for a walk.

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I like her workouts a lot. They used to have them on cable, but now they have other ones instead.
  • moonhealer646
    Options
    They are a great tool when you are trapped in the house and have no other exercise equipment available,
  • SantanaHice
    SantanaHice Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I LOVE her workouts! She's a very positive motivator and I love that. She helped me get started with exercising when I never exercised before and I've lost 45 pounds with her videos!
  • sagefae
    sagefae Posts: 27
    Options
    I love her videos, and right now with it being so cold (typically around 10 degrees here during this time in Winter), I have no desire to do anything outdoors. Plus, it's cute when my 3 year-old tries to do them with me (and I don't want to have to drag him on walks in the cold with me either). I'm also pregnant, so it's a good way for me to exercise without putting too much strain on myself.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I didn't like this series. It was very boring to me. I live in an area where I can get outside and walk any time of year, so I do that instead. I'd rather be "going somewhere" when I'm walking.

If I lived in an area where there was lots of rain, snow and/or very very low temperatures, I'd probably do something like this, but I really do just fine Leslie's DVDs boring. She is cute and sweet but I'm just not into it.

In the summer when it gets very hot here, rather than walking in place, I'll just do an aerobics DVD.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    For those who lost significant weight using her videos, what routine did you use? Did you do any other work outs?

I just started using one of her videos and am trying to figure out how to fit it into my routine. I try to switch up my workouts every 1-2 months to keep it fresh.
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just discovered Leslie Sansone recently. A co-worker told me about her. It doesn't sound very 'fun' to be walking in place, but I checked out some of her videos and they are pretty good.

I did the first video - 1 mile walk today. It definitely got my heart pumping.

I love that most of her videos are on youtube and are FREE!

Good luck!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I got her 4 Fast Miles DVD and I have both positive and negative reactions - I like that it's a great alternative for days when I'm really sore or just fatigued, but for me it's hard to get a good calorie burn with them and also I really could just punch her (although I'm sure she's a very nice lady).
    -
    If you're enjoying the workout, one of my fave instructors has a walking series on Youtube (maybe on DVD) - I haven't checked it out but here are some of them: http://www.jessicasmithtv.com/videos/walking-workouts/
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Just a warning-- her miles estimates are extremely generous. I've done her workouts with a Fitbit that does great at distance estimates (in normal walks) and she's got at least 25% padding in there. In case you log it by the mile...