Leslie Sansone's "Walk away the pounds"

Options
Hey everyone, so I was looking for at home exercise videos and I came across Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds. Figured I would check it out.
Oh my, Let me tell you! I love her already she's just the right amount of peppy and she really gets you hyped and moving. I did the 3mile walk it had me sweating and really out of breath but i felt SO GOOD afterwards. Anybody else enjoy her videos? I definitely have to pick up some of her DVD's.

Replies

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    i do, and till now lost 54 pounds :)
  • KalixRedd
    KalixRedd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How long have you been watching her videos if you don't mind me asking?

• bananna30
    bananna30 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Those are my favorite!! I have definitely lost some pounds and inches with her workouts keep it up and you will see results!!!
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just did the same workout today as it is too hot to walk outside. I love the workouts, did them earlier in 2014 as well but I have injured my great toe joints during the 5 mile workout, guess I am heavy? anyway, could hardly walk without being in pain every step for a very long time. I feel better now and hope if I can take it easy the pain will not return.
    It is a fantastic workout!
  • uneek0626
    Options

• KalixRedd
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Never heard of it but congrats on becoming active.
    Thank you!
  • KalixRedd
    Options
    Emi1974 wrote: »
    Funny, I just did the same workout today as it is too hot to walk outside. I love the workouts, did them earlier in 2014 as well but I have injured my great toe joints during the 5 mile workout, guess I am heavy? anyway, could hardly walk without being in pain every step for a very long time. I feel better now and hope if I can take it easy the pain will not return.

Yes it is! I live in San Francisco and it's been Freezing cold lately I don't even want to think about walking outside . I'm glad I found her videos. Keep up the good work!
  • KalixRedd
    Options
    bananna30 wrote: »
    Those are my favorite!! I have definitely lost some pounds and inches with her workouts keep it up and you will see results!!!

I was reading up on her and a lot of people seem to love her and her workouts, I can see her becoming a favorite :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    My husband picked up her box set called Just Walk : 30 Day Walk Off at Walmart the other day. He was looking for a workout that he could do when he isn't feeling up to going all out in the Ruthless dvd set he has. The set came with 3 of her dvds (5 Mega Miles, 4 Mile Power Walk, & Walk It Off in 30 Days). So far he likes them. He likes to walk, but it's just way too cold to go on walks right now. After doing a few of the workouts, he has decided to take a break from the Ruthless dvd series and has started following the workout plan that came with the Just Walk set.

I've been using them too. Well, technically, I've only used the 5 Mega Miles dvd. I'm just using them as a little something extra since I'm doing Shaun T's Rockin' Body series right now. I like them, but I'm not sure they would ever be my main workout.
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Leslie takes away the excuses of too hot/cold/windy... Bummer, if I don't get a workout in, it is all my fault :s:D
  • gshifrin
    gshifrin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to sound snide but why do you need a DVD to help you go for a walk?
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I do the Leslie Sansone videos now that I'm on break from uni (no gym access), and it's stupid, dangerous cold out (Northern US here). I think these are fantastic for home bound folks to get their walk on.

I like them also since I can NOT get coordinated enough to do other types of aerobics videos. I get SO frustrated trying to follow crazy (IMO) choreographed moves. I'm just a walker/runner in my heart <3 This just helps me do it indoors, with no excuses.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have a set of these and think they are great. I love Randy in the back row. Yo go, Randy.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    gshifrin wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound snide but why do you need a DVD to help you go for a walk?

Ha, my husband asked me the same when I tried to explain it. Yeah, sure, it's "just" walking in place. Kinda. But there's other arm moves, side steps, kicks, etc. that are incorporated into the workouts that even the most uncoordinated people (LIKE ME) can do.

So, it's like a step-based aerobics video that's not intimidating for folks like that. And Leslie is a great motivator.
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I have a set of these and think they are great. I love Randy in the back row. Yo go, Randy.
    Who can forget Randy in the back row. I am sure at some point she says 'I like your sweat Randy' I used to do these via You Tube and loved them, they got me moving 'Walk, walk,walk, walk'
  • ogsteinkid
    Options
    Emi1974 wrote: »

Too hot to walk outside! I have the exact opposite problem as it is 20 degrees outside but feels like 9 degrees with wind chill!!! Luckily I work in a building that has four stories so once an hour I do a loop to work on my daily steps total.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    gshifrin wrote: »

I prefer to walk outside but sometimes it's too cold, too hot, or too dark. And while her program is "Walk Away the Pounds," it's really more of an aerobic workout. Lots more to it than just walking in place.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used them a few times, then figured out if I'm just going to walk/jog in front of the tv, I could just watch Netflix instead. So I did.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    These workouts helped me to lose 80 lbs and I have kept it off for almost 2 years. I did a 3 mile this morning. Love, love, love Leslie!