2015 walk/bike/jog/run with jeanniewes

Options

Replies

• gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Upto 167.3 for the bike and squeezed in a quick run today bring it to 22.4. Funural on friday and should beable to get some kind of normality back afterwards. Still icy here so my usual haunts are off limits.

Glad your both still getting some miles in. Only been on here 2 months myself but its helping alot dropped 22-25lbs so far and cut out alot of bad food habits
  • jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,699 Member
    Options
    Sorry you are going thru so much gruff.

UPDATE: NO MRI this week. Seems Insurance will not approve until other things are done. A series of neck X-rays were done today. I am too continue heat therapy, muscle relaxers, pain med and rest. After 2 days of severe neck pain I found that today was not as bad as the past 2 days at least after the X=rays were done.That was a work out in itself! I praise GOD I have not had as much pain as I had on Monday and tuesday...

NO exercise today...just rest...
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Jeannie, good idea to take a day or so off from exercise. I hate to hear that you've been in such pain. :( Pain is... Well, it's a pain!

Gruff, sounds like you've got a lot going on as well. Monday is a holiday here in the States but I doubt it is over in your neck of the woods. Nevertheless, I vote you take the day off! Yeah, you tell your boss to call me. I got your back. ;)

But seriously, you guys have become friends and I truly hate that you are both hurting. <3

My day isn't quite over so I'll post my numbers in the morning. Good night, Pals!!
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    3.87 miles

44.04 total miles

Geez, I'm lagging this month... Here it is the halfway point and I've yet to hit 50. **sigh**
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    How rare that I made EXACTLY the same distance 2 days in a row! lol

3.87 miles

47.91 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    YES we are 'friends' who support one another. Thinking about you today gruff....

jesiann my exercise bike has a back rest. I can actually lean sort of back. It does not hurt my neck. At least is has not been. Late evening I had a lot of pain. Dont really know what is going on. Wednesday I felt so much better that I thought I was really on the mend. Now I just dont know. I hate I'm having too wait. Insurance is just a racket if you ask me! ugh!

I did do TWO 18 minute exercise bike ride yesterday. I am trying NOT too over do. That did give me 7 mile ride and 160 calories off my day... I NEED too get back too my normal. I've gained 4 pounds just sitting around. I have now lowered my calories just too compensate for THAT...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..I sure miss my really long walks...Never thought I would see myself typing THAT...lol

Jan 15th (THURSDAY) TOTAL thus far 22.75 walking miles..........
    ..........................................................29.50 exercise bike miles....
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Sunny day. Warm enough too walk. Took my girls for a 1.5 mile walk. So wanted too do more but just could not do it. :( Also a late evening exercise bike 18 minutes produced 3.5 miles. Can't complain as at least I can do some....

Jan 16th (friday) TOTAL thus far 24.25 walking miles..........
    ...................................................33.0 exercise bike miles....

• gruffdris
    gruffdris Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks girls its been a tough one and know ive gone over on the food but will compensate. Hoping to get a long ride in on sunday maybe a run after too if i can manage it. 200k next sunday and need to keep the legs moving ready for my first half aswell but looking like i might be below target.
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Gruff, our hearts go out to you. I'm glad to see this day end... I hope you both have a better weekend.
    My guys walked with me today. This makes me a happy Mama. :) But the day isn't quite over so I'll post tomorrow. G'night to you both.
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    4.59 miles

52.5 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    you guys are hanging in there...makes me :) We all go over on food from time too time. It is that we do not do that OFTEN!

I managed a 2 mile walk with my girls. I walked through the pain and did have too sit down a couple of times. So unlike my normal walks but this too shall pass in GODS TIME.
    Also late evening exercise bike ride of 3.5 miles...

Jan 17TH Sat....... TOTAL thus far 26.25 walking miles..........
    ...................................................36.5 exercise bike miles....

• jesiann2014
    Options
    Good to hear you got out a bit today, Jeannie. The weather here was GLORIOUS!! Just beautiful sunshine! Me and my guys took in a movie today. 'Taken 3'. Pretty good, in true Liam Neeson fashion. Then we over-indulged in the most luscious Italian Creme Cake Blue Bell ice cream... Who doesn't love all things Blue Bell?!? It's my favorite food group. :#

3.95 miles

56.45 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    lol your post made me smile jesiann. I am happy you have your boys too do things with. Husband and I want too see that movie. Just not been able too do that yet. I did take in TWO walks today since it was warm and I was unable too attend church. 1.5 miles with my girls around 11a.m. Then 3 hours later I took another 1.5 by myself. I tolerated that better. So when it is as sunny and mild as today I will try doing that until I am back too my norm. I sure do miss my 3 miles run/walk combination. At least my girls are getting some type of walk. I know they have missed that. I feel I am getting better each day compared too December and first 2 weeks of January...PRAISE GOD!

SOOOOOOOOOOOO 3.0 MILES TODAY even if it was 2 walks...

29.25 walking miles as of Jan 18TH............
    36.5 Exercise bike miles...........................

• jesiann2014
    Options
    So Jeannie, when you reference your 'girls', are you talking about your super-cute doggies in your avatar or your daughters? Just wondering...
    Still beautiful weather here. My boys joined me again for a nice walk in the sunshine. Yesterday they brought a football and tossed it to and fro... Today it was a frisbee. Boys must be boys. :)
    Gruff, I hope you are doing ok.

3.60 miles

60.05 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    lol.... jesiann my 'girls' ARE my doggies. Husband and I do not have any children. THANK YOU. I am improving with each day. Today husband was off. He took the girls for a walk and I followed behind. Yes I had too stop and rest a few times but we got in a whopping 2.5 miles and I realized I had much less tightening of the muscles today and no pain...THANK GOD!

Walking miles Jan 19th.........2.5 miles...

TOTAL THUS FAR Jan 19th.......31.75 walking miles.....
    ................................................36.5 exercise bike miles....
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Jeannie, lol at your 'girls'. :) I thought it might be your cute little doggies. We have a small dog too. Missy is about the size of your two and she showed up on our doorstep about 10 years ago and adopted us. She still doesn't know that she's a dog. She thinks she's the owner and we are her misguided subjects... And YAY on the extended walk! I sure hope your pain and tightness continues to subside.

5.35 miles

65.40 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thank you jesiann. I feel I am still improving. Walked 2.5 miles at 11a.m. (love this weather!) and had less problems today than yesterday! I do plan on another walk this evening. I will log results later.

I loved the story about your dog and so glad you took her in! My larger Dog I got when I retired in 2007. I named her Ellie. Our smallest dog belonged too our neighbors 4 year old. The grandmother got it for her and the childs mom did not want her too have the dog because it is a full blooded jack russel and very hyper. They begged us too take the dog so the child could still visit and play with it. The child named the dog 'Betty-boop' and so after much dog sitting and begging we finally took her six months later. She will be 7 (the dog) in July. We left the name because one can not be changing a dogs name after six months! lol....She and Ellie got on really well. I am glad we took her because I know that when we are away it gives them company for one another....ours think they are people too...lol I taught Ellie tricks. She does them well. BB never caught on too tricks. We call her our dumb blonde! lol
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    another shorter walk with my girls.....today was a gooooooooood day! :)

total walking miles today 4 miles...

TOTAL THUS FAR Jan 20th.......35.75 walking miles.....
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Looking good, Jeannie! Looking good!

4.74 miles

70.14 total miles
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    THANK YOU...THANK YOU....AND PRAISE GOD!

Today Husband, girlies and I walked 3.25 miles.....yahoooooooooooo

TOTAL THUS FAR Jan 21st.......39.0 walking miles.....