30 Day Shred for January 2015

Options

Replies

• killedbycardio
    killedbycardio Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Not doing it every day, because I also plan to run but making it longer by doing 1st and 2nd level together or 2nd level and one of Ripped in 30 workouts...
  • smoochiepink
    smoochiepink Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i am starting on the 5th
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I need to finish up beginner shred and then I'll be starting the regular 30 day Shred.
  • cmsincla
    cmsincla Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Day 3 is done!!! Plus doing some cardio on the bike. I do however need to get a new DVD player. I lost my remote so I'm stuck on Week 1 hahaha!!
  • pantherperry
    Options
    I started 30 Day Shred on 12/27 and did it 4 days last week. I also have some of the P90x videos and did Kenpo. I lost 2 pounds this past week!!!! Looking forward to seeing how everyone does.
  • kmf121110
    Options
    I started last week! would love to join the group!
  • 1roximom
    1roximom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This is all new to me. Can someone tell exactly what this program is? I am very interested.
  • Chandler330
    Options
    1roximom wrote: »
    This is all new to me. Can someone tell exactly what this program is? I am very interested.

It's a 30 day program developed by Jillian Michaels. She is one of the original trainers from the television show the Biggest Loser. The dvd workout program is split up into three levels. Each level is compromised of various circuits, each level progressing in difficulty, and to be completed in ten days ( not counting your rest days). A lot of people have had wonderful results with the program and it's a popular program with wonderful results. It's a killer workout.

If you are just starting out with working out or want to ease into things I would recommend you try Beginner Shred. It's also by Jillian Michaels and is a wonderful program to complete before the original 30 Day Shred. It will help prepare you for the Shred.

• cmsincla
    Options
    I've been doing Ripped in 30 (boy do my muscles hurt). I also just bought Jillian Michaels Kickboxing DVD so we'll see how that goes haha. :)
  • Chandler330
    Options
    I like her kickboxing dvd. Hope you enjoy it
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I started the Extreme Shred and Shed today. It's a 30 minute program very similar to 30 shred. I will be happy to join this thread and share, update, and motivate. I have several of JM dvds and have gotten great results!
  • kasiaj
    kasiaj Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Starting it today. I started before Christmas, but with everything going on, I stopped at D6L1 the day before Christmas Eve so I have to start it over.
  • 2015Niki
    2015Niki Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tonight!
  • cmsincla
    Options
    I'm going to go back and forth between my Ripped in 30 and the new Jillian Kickboxing DVD. :)
  • janmowen
    Options
    I need to finish up beginner shred and then I'll be starting the regular 30 day Shred.
    What is beginner shred please ???
  • necolde
    necolde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm on D3 L1 today. I did my first round Nov 5th to mid Dec and lost about 9 pounds and 1.5 dress sizes.
  • Chandler330
    Options
    janmowen wrote: »
    What is beginner shred please ???

It's a somewhat new dvd put out by Jillian Michaels. I read a lot of the reviews online and was a bit intimidated by the people that said it hurt to sit to use the restroom et cetera. I wanted to ease into things and prepare myself for Shred so I can get through it.

That's not to say the dvd is a breeze to get through. Since I'm a newbie as far as using weights I think it was a good fit for me. Jillian is also great about making suggestions to make the moves more difficult or even advanced. I like seeing the advanced moves since it gives me mini goals to aim for. There are two girls in the video with her. One is displaying the beginner to intermediate moves. The other girl is displaying the advanced or wicked challenging modifications. She's also a bit gentler and more encouraging in this dvd.

The dvd is available on Amazon for $7.56 and you might be able to find it at Walmart.

0ecc12txi1z1.jpg

• pickleRH83
    pickleRH83 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    yep I started yesterday - hurting!! I don't know why but I thought you had to do it every day for 30 days, I think I'll aim for every other day so I have some recovery time :D
  • jonte515
    jonte515 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    started day 1 this morning
  • umisquirrel
    umisquirrel Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    cmsincla wrote: »
    I'm going to go back and forth between my Ripped in 30 and the new Jillian Kickboxing DVD. :)

What's the new kickboxing dvd? Can please provide a link? Sounds right up my alley :)