Sugar

2»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    psulemon wrote: »
    Are you vegetarian for ethical reasons or other reasons?

A mixture. I don't like the taste or the ethics behind meat

How about fish... do you like any type of fish? Really at some point, you have to do whats best for your body and if you aren't hitting your essential nutrients, you may have to put ethics a side or get meats/fish from local farmers. But if you are truly that picky, I would agree you might have to see someone to discuss your relationship with food.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    In terms of broadening your variety of fruits and vegetables (or any other food) - try preparing them with other flavours that you enjoy. For example, I thought I didn't like broccoli when in reality, I just didn't like the way my mom prepared it when I was a kid. She would put it in a bowl and pop it in the microwave. I started preparing broccoli with sauces that I enjoyed and discovered that I actually do like the taste - just not when it's microwaved. Same with mushrooms - I enjoy them in certain dishes, but not when the taste is overpowering, etc.

You're an adult. Saying you're "really picky" and therefore would rather eat candy is really not an excuse. But again, you're an adult, so it's your choice.
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    sk1nnyf0rm3 Posts: 110 Member
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    In terms of broadening your variety of fruits and vegetables (or any other food) - try preparing them with other flavours that you enjoy. For example, I thought I didn't like broccoli when in reality, I just didn't like the way my mom prepared it when I was a kid. She would put it in a bowl and pop it in the microwave. I started preparing broccoli with sauces that I enjoyed and discovered that I actually do like the taste - just not when it's microwaved. Same with mushrooms - I enjoy them in certain dishes, but not when the taste is overpowering, etc.

You're an adult. Saying you're "really picky" and therefore would rather eat candy is really not an excuse. But again, you're an adult, so it's your choice.

What would you recommend for veggies?
  • GoldaTyla
    GoldaTyla Posts: 19 Member
    @sk1nnyf0rm3: I've discovered that Splenda is a great substitute for processed sugar. Because I'm a diabetic, I'm also using Glucerna products (both in liquid format and nutrition bars) --- you could try Boost or Ensure products instead to guarantee you get your nutrients without the excessive sugar intake. I would also encourage you to see a therapist about your "aversion" to foods and your desire to eat candy. Wishing you best of luck in your search, have a happy New Year.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator

Edamame is good for protein and beans are really good. Below is a good thread on protein sources

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/926789
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    GoldaTyla wrote: »
    @sk1nnyf0rm3: I've discovered that Splenda is a great substitute for processed sugar. Because I'm a diabetic, I'm also using Glucerna products (both in liquid format and nutrition bars) --- you could try Boost or Ensure products instead to guarantee you get your nutrients without the excessive sugar intake. I would also encourage you to see a therapist about your "aversion" to foods and your desire to eat candy. Wishing you best of luck in your search, have a happy New Year.

Thank you
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    psulemon wrote: »

Edamame is good for protein and beans are really good. Below is a good thread on protein sources

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/926789

Thanks. I'll try some of those