Potatoes might not be so bad!

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    If you like sweet potatoes, those are even more nutritious and low cal, very filling. Put some cinnamon on there too. :D
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I believe the actual pamphlet by Patrick Henry during the american revolutions was "give me potatoes or give me death" it later got revised, because revisionism...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    .... WIC may not cover the taters, but if you get SNAP benefits, that will definitely pay for them. Potatoes are great when you need to pinch pennies!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Pffft I love potatoes. Very filling for the calories. It's too many French fries or mashed potatoes with a ton of butter that makes people fat :p
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Pffft I love potatoes. Very filling for the calories. It's too many French fries or mashed potatoes with a ton of butter that makes people fat :p
    AGREE.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Well, I certainly won't feel as guilty everytime I have a red potato anymore. (About 1-2x/week.)

You shouldn't feel guilty eating food ever
  • baldnavywife
    baldnavywife Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    YAY! ♡♡ I literally eat multiple potatoes everyday
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Potatoes aren't bad. It's the junk people add to them - the butter, sour cream, etc. Thats the stuff that'll do you in. A little potato is great. If it's your only veggie, though, time to find some new ones! :)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Well duh, look at Irish people.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Potatoes aren't bad. It's the junk people add to them - the butter, sour cream, etc. Thats the stuff that'll do you in. A little potato is great. If it's your only veggie, though, time to find some new ones! :)

Butter and sour cream are junk now?
    p1nyk85mxk0j.gif

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Potatoes aren't bad. It's the junk people add to them - the butter, sour cream, etc.

cd5.png
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

You call butter or sour cream "junk', I call it "helping to meet a fat or protein macro."

+1
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

Butter and sour cream are junk now?
    p1nyk85mxk0j.gif

I call them junk. Make fun if it makes you happy.

I'm not suggesting you limit them. Eat all the butter you want. Soak the potato until it's yellow. Take a stick of butter out and it eat plain. I couldn't care less. To each, his own. :)