Lean Muscle

Options
MrGoonT
MrGoonT Posts: 1 Member
I'm looking for tips on gaining lean muscle. Nutrition,Weights,Cardio you know the stuff haha

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    what is lean muscle? Is that different than fatty muscle?
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Behave you two! You know what he means. Now hand over all the secrets to dem gainz!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Behave you two! You know what he means. Now hand over all the secrets to dem gainz!

i will hand over the secrets when you give me your number…..sound fair???? B)
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    Ok then. Here it is....1. Número Uno.
  • Springfield1970
    Options
    Ps. Missed yooooo
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    MrGoonT wrote: »
    I'm looking for tips on gaining lean muscle. Nutrition,Weights,Cardio you know the stuff haha

Calorie Surplus and Progressive Overload, finito.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You will need to provide more information about yourself - specifically your training background for a more specific answer, however, for a generic answer, as LolBro says - caloric surplus and a good training routine that includes progressive overload.
  • ed_hooters
    Options
    Lift heavy weights and do compounds exercise instead of isolation movement and do 30 sec. Work 30 sec. Rest and change your exercise every month so that your muscle will not get to use to the same exercise you do in this way your muscle will be confuse.and eat alot of protien.. eg. Lean beef, chicken, fish and vegtable. TRAIN HARD BABY
  • Zwible
    Zwible Posts: 57
    Options
    high protein and low-fat/carb diet, increase reps rather than weight, I wouldn't bother with too much cardio
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    LutzMol wrote: »
    high protein and low-fat/carb diet, increase reps rather than weight, I wouldn't bother with too much cardio

low carb is not conducive to building muscle. So. no.
  • Zwible
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what is lean muscle? Is that different than fatty muscle?

yes, meat that is less marbled (lower proportion of fat)
    like a lean cut of beef
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    ed_hooters wrote: »
    Lift heavy weights and do compounds exercise instead of isolation movement and do 30 sec. Work 30 sec. Rest and change your exercise every month so that your muscle will not get to use to the same exercise you do in this way your muscle will be confuse.and eat alot of protien.. eg. Lean beef, chicken, fish and vegtable. TRAIN HARD BABY

• Zwible
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

yes, true, I mean compared to a 'normal' diet. It's inherently difficult to gain and stay lean at the same time. I'm not saying it's not possibe, but there's a reason why a lot of people bulk and cut.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

yes, true, I mean compared to a 'normal' diet. It's inherently difficult to gain and stay lean at the same time. I'm not saying it's not possibe, but there's a reason why a lot of people bulk and cut.

You need carbs for bulking- insulin spikes are part of the how/why you build muscle.

So- you're comment made no sense- and also what you said here- isn't . I just.
    Perhaps I haven't had enough coffee this morning.
  • Zwible
    Options
    ok, wasn't my intention to confuse
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Well you did.

Because the answer isn't high or low anything.

The answer is eat more food.
    and lift all the things- in a progressive manner.

• Zwible
    edited January 2015
    Options
    so a simple calorie surplus combined with training will get me my "lean" gains?
    Wow, didn't know that :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    so a simple calorie surplus combined with training will get me my "lean" gains?
    Wow, didn't know that :)

Yes. It will. Whether you gain muscle and minimal fat, or muscle and more fat, is a matter of calorie surplus, not macro ratio.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    There is no such thing as lean gains.

You can't get wrapped up around being lean and gaining- it's not worth your time. Bulk and don't worry about getting "fat" you won't get just fat if you are bulking- yes you'll get bigger but you aren't going to just get fat like you think. You wind up getting bigger everywhere and filling out.

it's hard enough to put on muscle- and if you're so caught up with not getting to fat- you're essentially hammstringing your own efforts to gain.

Accept the fat gain and get swole son.

otherwise- you wind up in generic- not gaining- not losing land.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeOh18mWWzg