ankle size

Options
13»

Replies

• dfsb
    dfsb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone for your helpful comments. You all really helped me put everything in perspective. I appreciate it!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Ankle - 11.25 inches
    Calves- 17.25 inches

I don't like my ankles either :( But if they are near average, that is something at least! lol
  • HaleyMichellM
    Options
    I'm 5foot 4inches and my ankles are 6 inches around and my calves are 9 inches around. You sound pretty normal!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Little birdy ankles aren't all that great. I have to punch extra holes for the buckles in any shoes with ankle straps. :ohwell:
    exactly. or how about tiny ankles and huge calves? i can't sleek zip up boos because they do a weird dent thing at the ankle
  • michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had never measured my ankles before, I always thought I had pretty skinny/normal ankles, but I was super curious after reading your post:

So I am 5ft 4in; 116 lbs:

Rt ankle: 8 in
    Rt calf: 13.5 in

Lt ankle: 8.5 in (my circulation is worse on that leg - as I found out during later pregnancies when only that ankle would swell with fluid retention)
    Lt calf: 13.5 in

I think your ankles must be pretty normal!
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Good god. I have enough things to worry about without adding ankle size to the list.

Ditto.

Same here
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I have never thought about my "ankle size" before.... thanks! Now one more thing to cry about every day! SABATOGE!
    98777 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    To the people thinking it was a joke.....

Well, sometimes when we're growing up, people tear down our self-esteem about certain features. I have body dysmorphia about my calves (among other things) because when I was a child/teenager, my mom and sisters constantly called attention to them and the fact that they were big or were going to be big. And now I am still self-conscious of them.

My mom also did things like predicting who had her bigger build and comparing them to the smaller girls. My whole family did, actually. I mean, when your own brother says you have a body type like Sasquatch, it's hard for your self-esteem not to take a hit.

So, you have to realize that when taking into account why others are sensitive about certain features.