I FINALLY jogged my first mile!

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    FitFroglet wrote: »
    In my mind jogging = running. The motion is the same, it's only a difference in speed and there's no pre-determined speed where you suddenly qualify as a runner.

You just ran a mile.

That's an excellent achievement - well done!

As for the concerns mentioned about injury, keep your steps relatively short, try to land gently. ka97's advice is good too, if you enjoy it, keep doing it!

Congratulations on reaching a big milestone!

I even googled jogging and running because I was like "huh?"
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Lesa_Sass wrote: »
    Your post brought me joy.

I recommend trying to increase milage instead of increasing speed. My reasoning is that runners high. Seriously, after it kicks in there is nothing like it.

Oh my goood, I wonder what runners high is like :D and thank you! Your encouragement brought me joy.
  • Jojomotivated
    Jojomotivated Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    So endurance > speed in the long run?
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lesa_Sass wrote: »
    Your post brought me joy.

I recommend trying to increase milage instead of increasing speed. My reasoning is that runners high. Seriously, after it kicks in there is nothing like it.

Oh my goood, I wonder what runners high is like :D and thank you! Your encouragement brought me joy.

YES on the runner's high! After you get a little further distance, you will usually have a bit of a hard time breathing but then you will break into your pace and find your groove and kick *kitten*. Thats the beginning of runner's high and then knowing how far you went, how quickly, FEELS AMAZING! Great job on a mile!
  • PianoRun
    PianoRun Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your successful running... there'll be no stopping you now!
  • texasfarmer
    texasfarmer Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Amazing job. You can absolutely do this!
  • ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    So endurance > speed in the long run?

Increased endurance will lead to an increase in speed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!