Sugar Cravings

Options
2»

Replies

• xsix
    xsix Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    xsix wrote: »
    I do not know where they came from, I did not used to have them, but now that i'm working hard at trying to get back in shape, they come out of no where. How do you guys deal with them when you get them? Can you provide any scientific information on this topic?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=f51IfMX7iKg

Only 3 minutes long but this doctor states sugar cravings come from not eating enough protein or being low on minerals. This was news to me but he seems serious.

Im going to check this out, as a Vegetarian I may not be getting enough Protein, im about to get serious with my food logging again as well so I can track this.
  • xsix
    Options
    Look at sugar replacements.. Even using Xylitol or sweeteners for adding sweetness..

Thank you, im an avid Stevia user. Im going to try and add it to more stuff and come up with drinks and treats that use it.

• xsix
    Options
    Sweet cravings are something I have really struggled with. There are a few things that have helped me. First, I have been trying to put a purpose to each of the foods I'm eating. I ask myself if this food is going to help me reach my goals (weight and performance). Then I look at how I can make a healthier, but tasty version. I don't use white sugar anymore. Sweetness now comes from medjool dates, applesauce, bananas, real maple syrup, or honey for my goodies. White sugar can cause inflammation, so I avoid it like the plague. And lastly, I've recently eliminated wheat/grains from my diet. This is still experimental for me - as I believe there is a connection to the spike in blood sugar levels that is precipitating the cravings. I used to start my day with oatmeal, but struggled all morning to fight hunger and sweet desire. I've been sticking to pseudograins, like buckwheat, amarath, and quinoa for my grains, and other carbs coming from sweet potatoes or fruit/veggies.

Good luck!

Awesome! Good advise i'm going to see how I can work this in.