10 Day Green Smoothie Cleanse

Options
Hey all!

I'm about to start a 10 day Green Smoothie Cleanse (after 10 days I may continue, but let's start there), but would really like someone to do it with me. These things just tend to be easier for me if I am accountable to someone. Is anyone interested? If so, please post here/inbox me!

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    How dirty are your smoothies that it will take 10 days to clean them?
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lol, to^^
    Anyway, what does the cleanse look like?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    What is your 'cleanse' supposed to accomplish? What are you hoping to get out of it?

FYI, your body already does a great job of cleansing you. There really is no need to go to extremes or fad/crash diets to cleanse your body.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Your liver and kidneys detox you just fine. A smoothie a day would be no problem, but who wants to have more than that for meals??
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I agree with Ninkyou. Your body has a liver and kidneys that do an excellent job. If anything you will lose water weight and then gain it back. Best to just eat a deficit and eat healthy!
  • GOLDCE
    GOLDCE Posts: 11
    Options
    All of you are entirely unhelpful. If you're not interested, don't reply. Simple as that.
  • GOLDCE
    Options
    With all due respect, I wasn't asking for advice. I was asking for interested parties. I truly don't need a lesson in liver and kidney function.
  • flabassmcgee
    Options
    You won't find many people that are gung ho on the philosophy of "cleanses." It's all about forming sustainable habits, a good relationship with food and eating the foods you like in a calorie deficit to lose weight.
  • GOLDCE
    Options
    A green smoothie isn't a piece of fruit. When made correctly, it can be up to 500 calories of good sugars, vitamins and minerals, protein, and good fats. I feel like none of you even bothered to research before you started posting responses.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    It seems like a very doable thing. I've seen "sick fat..." Not sure I could do it though not am I convinced they are needed. I do have a green smoothie some mornings. And you're right they can be pretty nutritious. Good luck!
  • GOLDCE
    Options
    This is pathetic. Not worth my time to even bother trying with you people. Because obviously, spending 10 days ensuring your body gets fantastic nutrients vs. 1200 calories of whatever food in order to lose weight HAS to be a bad thing. Because why? Generally, a program to jumpstart sustainable habits is an acceptable practice in changing eating habits. Guess this is the last time I'm posting on this site-- I don't even understand why you answered if you're not interested. Just keep your mouth shut and move along to the next post-- no wait, that's what an adult would do!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    With all due respect, cleanses and detoxes do absolutely nothing for you. We are just trying to save you your time (and maybe money, depending) on doing things like this. If you want to do it, go for it, it's no skin off our backs. But most of us have been there and done that. Perhaps you should take your own advice and do your research.
  • flabassmcgee
    Options
    What's a "good sugar"? What's "good fat?" Where's the fiber? How often will I end up on the toilet?
  • GOLDCE
    Options
    Good sugar is fructose. Good fat is unsaturated, in this case coming from nut ingredients. Fiber is from the fruit and vegetables-- I mean really??? Where is the fiber in a SMOOTHIE???
  • GOLDCE
    Options
    LOL you've been wasting my time by making me explain all this to you! "Saving me time"-- hilarious! Just leave the thread if you're not interested!!!!!!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    What's a "good sugar"? What's "good fat?" Where's the fiber? How often will I end up on the toilet?

In the smoothie.
  • GOLDCE
    Options

In the smoothie.

Thank you!!!!
  • flabassmcgee
    Options
    Methinks someone needs to avoid the forums if they can't handle constructive criticism from a group of their peers trying to help. Good luck with your smoothies.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    Methinks someone needs to avoid the forums if they can't handle constructive criticism from a group of their peers trying to help. Good luck with your smoothies.
    Fwiw my smoothie this morning had nine grams of fiber. Just input it to verify.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    OP ...
    You're the one wanting to do something which has no proven medicinal or long term weight loss value, then you want to rant against those who understand how inane the concept of a smoothie fast really is?