Feeling dizzy

Options
So...If I eat under like 1300-1400 calories a day I often find myself dizzy. Does this happen to others? Or is it just me? Also, that's not much under what I should eat to maintain either...

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the "skinny" person who is a vegetarian but doesn't like vegetables and only eats "sugar" and pasta? What was your question yesterday? Perhaps you should open your diary so folks can help you feel better?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough? When was the last time you went to the DR.? Any underlying medical conditions?
  • heftybelson
    Options
    Eat more then. You need fuel for the fire otherwise it will eventually go out
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't go too long being 'dizzy often' without getting seen by a Dr.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough?
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    no, and some days i ate as low as 1200 calories. sounds like either you're not eating enough or something else is wrong. what makes you think that's close to your maintenance calories? as a 19 year old, i'd expect your maintenance calories to be a lot higher than that.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Aren't you the "skinny" person who is a vegetarian but doesn't like vegetables and only eats "sugar" and pasta? What was your question yesterday? Perhaps you should open your diary so folks can help you feel better?

oh, is that what she eats? yeah, that might explain it.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »

oh, is that what she eats? yeah, that might explain it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30726959#Comment_30726959

so she says. I suspect there's more going on and hope she figures it out.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Well if over 90 percent of your diet is based on sugar like you say in the other thread, it's no surprise you're dizzy. There's nothing wrong with sugar, but it shouldn't be the main staple of your diet and make up 90+ percent of what you eat.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Judging by your other thread, there could be a number of causes - calories too low, blood sugar spikes, anemia, various deficiencies... I think you should get full blood work done. Your diet sounds like it's missing a lot of neccesary macro and micro-nutrients. I'm not surprised you're dizzy.
  • heftybelson
    Options
    pregnant
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    So...If I eat under like 1300-1400 calories a day I often find myself dizzy. Does this happen to others? Or is it just me? Also, that's not much under what I should eat to maintain either...

considering all the info you gave me about your age, height, weight, activity levels, types of exercise you do, current program, family medical history, what your caloric intake consists of... I would have to say - i have no idea, figure it out.

anyone who wants to get strong and fit is going to have to realize that this includes educating yourself about how things actually work and dont work, and we can't ask others to do the work for us - because they dont know us or our bodies as well as we do.

learn how to find these things out for yourself and own your entire transformation.

• Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options

Go ask your doctor!

/thread
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    did you make Duff your user name?

:(
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    sk1nnyf0rm3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options

I'm sorry. I wasn't aware my diary wasn't open
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    Are you drinking enough? When was the last time you went to the DR.? Any underlying medical conditions?

I do have a heart condition, but it doesn't cause me any issues. I think I'm drinking enough usually
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »

I do have a heart condition, but it doesn't cause me any issues. I think I'm drinking enough usually
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    Options
    Are you eating enough?

I'm eating a lot for intakes
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    no, and some days i ate as low as 1200 calories. sounds like either you're not eating enough or something else is wrong. what makes you think that's close to your maintenance calories? as a 19 year old, i'd expect your maintenance calories to be a lot higher than that.

I've checked on here for maintenance calories
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    Options
    Judging by your other thread, there could be a number of causes - calories too low, blood sugar spikes, anemia, various deficiencies... I think you should get full blood work done. Your diet sounds like it's missing a lot of neccesary macro and micro-nutrients. I'm not surprised you're dizzy.

My blood tests that I just got back (about a month or so ago) were all normal