Best saying your mom ever said to you

Options

Replies

• Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    My mom's favorite saying to me: "every woman needs 3 men only in her life, the first is her daddy, the second is her good husband (regardless of how many you go through to get him), and a good attorney (to either get your daddy out of jail for killing the wrong ones or divorcing the wrong one so you can get the right one)."

My grandmother's saying "learn to cook well and it won't matter to your husband 50 years down the road what you look like"

My great Aunt, "always keep a stash of money only you know about"

My dad's best advice: "If I won't like him, you probably shouldn't be around him."
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen my Mom got so fed up with me being grumpy and snide with her that she busted out with, " You SO need to get laid!":huh: :noway: :indifferent:

Grandma said to me, "don't worry, they will grow once a guy starts to play with them." :blushing: :laugh:

Great aunt always said, " When you go out on a date, pretend that you have a tick tack between your knees and don't drop it.":laugh:

My Dad said to me when I was like 8, "I want you to remember that any guy that dosen't like you must be gay.":sick:

SMH :embarassed: These are just things that were said to me that stuck out in my mind as total silly awkward face palm moments...
    My family is so zany.:ohwell:
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    "If you forget what you were saying, it was probably bull****." - My Grams

"You wanna kill each other, kill each other! Just don't get any blood on the carpet." - An Aunt

"M.O.M does not stand for Made Of Money." - My Mom

:laugh:

These are great!
  • GrnEyz80
    GrnEyz80 Posts: 121
    Options
    "You need to grow up! You are going to be 30 soon!" - Mom

"Yea, in like SEVEN years!!"- ME

I am now 32! Ugh, those 7+ years went by FAST!!!!
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Be independent and able to support yourself.
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    "I love you"
    "Anything worth having is working for."

My mom and i may not have always seen eye to eye, but boy do I miss here now. She passed in 2009.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Don't die.
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    "I love you."

It seems simple, but for most of my life, I didn't have anybody who looked out for me, protected me, or truly loved me like my mom. She's still my #1 best friend. :heart:

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Don't die.

So says the Mother of a Son! LOL, I love that!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    For Biology we had to go home and ask a parent why they had a different physical trait (eye color, hair color, etc) than we do. I asked my mom. Her response, "Because I am I and you are you."

Thanks mom.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    my dad used to say

"yeh, some of the kids I grew up with were *kitten*^oles, and then they grew up, and you know what, they were still assh^les."

my friends mom when we were 15

"alright, have a good time, don't drink too much, and don't make me kick your *kitten* for coming home in a police car"
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    "You wanna kill each other, kill each other! Just don't get any blood on the carpet." - An Aunt

What is it about aunts? One of my aunt's favorite sayings was, "If you're gonna hit somebody, make sure you get your 350 dollars' worth." (the fine for assault/battery at that time)
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    "Never look desperate."
    Also useful: Learn to say "So What" when something bugs you and move on.
  • dlwalker78
    dlwalker78 Posts: 40
    Options
    Invest in a helmet, Life's tough...
  • tarac98
    tarac98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "I love you"...I'd give anything to hear that again...my Mom passed away almost a year ago. RIP Mom...
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My mom always called me her "rebel without a clue." She was so right. I still catch myself getting in my own way.

Something she always said though that I live by to this day is, "There ain't nothing in this world for free."

Even complete with double negatives, its sage advice.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options

Great aunt always said, " When you go out on a date, pretend that you have a tick tack between your knees and don't drop it.":laugh:

We used something similar to this with our girls when they were dating.
    "Keep an aspirin between your knees..." we said.
    Our youngest daughter came back with sleeve of BC powder and poured it out in her daddy's hand.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    "'I did my best' and 'I'll do better next time' are mutually exclusive concepts."
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    my mom always told me to never ever look up and around when a man or anyone for that matters whistles at me or hollers my way because "honey your not a freaking dog" and she is so right.. I have always followed that saying
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    " I was not able to give you or your sister, fancy things, flashy, expensive or take you anywhere really great, but I taught you guys all the skills you need to survive. To provide for yourself. I am more than confident that my girls can do more than hold their own

"Oh honey, you might as well get use to it. It's in your blood."

"Yeah, your dad is a major *kitten**ole, but he gave me a pretty baby." :wink: