Best saying your mom ever said to you

Replies

• ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    My mom once sent me a postcard saying:

"Sometime life seems hard and unfair, but there's a good reason for that!"

The back said:

"Life IS hard and unfair!"

She wrote below "Just remember I love you and will always be there for you". She passed away almost a month ago (can't believe how fast time goes) and I find a lot of comfort in that postcard now. So very true!
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Not my mom, but my 100 year old grandmother told me "Never tell a man what he can and can't do. Just make sure he understands that you can do whatever he does ten times worst. He wants a night off with his friends? That's fine. You go to Vegas for a week with yours."

Ha! Love it :))
  • chantelp89
    chantelp89 Posts: 590 Member
    "I want you to move out."(on my 18th birthday) Best thing that could've ever happened to me.
  • mdchestnut
    mdchestnut Posts: 13
    Each time I would say something sarcastic, my mom would say "Don't let your mouth right a check that your a$@ can't cash"

I knew it was time for me to shut up when she said this.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    You were not planned & a mistake.

Best thing she ever said.
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Be good. If you can't be good, be careful.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    "The best way to get over somebody, is under someone else".
  • SGSmallman
    SGSmallman Posts: 193 Member
    "When your head and heart can't agree listen to your gut. That's my experience making the decision for you"

And i tell you it's so true, every decision i make that splits head and heart the gut makes the right call it's always there to help me
  • danika2point0
    danika2point0 Posts: 197 Member
    "Wrap it before you tap it"...
  • janimei
    janimei Posts: 105 Member
    Two family mottos:
    Life is short (so appreciate it, and the people around you, every day).
    Anything worth doing is worth doing well (I have a few personal exceptions related to house cleaning!).
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    My mum would always say, "a sinner would not go unpunished". Bloody awful my mum was/is. Those words have come back to haunt her now :wink:
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    She called me a mother f*cker once, that was pretty funny.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Because i said so, thats why.
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Your not mine
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    ¡¡No te dejes, Mensa!! ---She always encourages me to stand up & speak up for myself :heart:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    I can't think of a best saying of hand, soz.

But I am very grateful for her unsaid insights as I grew up in lets say a very rough neighborhood where things like racism, homophobia, sexism and abuse of all forms were accepted and happily passed on from parent to child in a very depressing unbroken chain of ignorance. Thankfully my mother was an exception and taught me through example that this behavior was unacceptable and down right counterproductive.

Thanks Mum you may not have had a significant saying but your actions spoke louder than words:flowerforyou:
  • mannus707
    mannus707 Posts: 29 Member
    when it was raining out she would say "sugar melts **** don't,go get the car"
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    "Military or university, your butt's off my couch!"
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    "We'll see..." It always meant yes, so I loved to hear it! :laugh: