God I have a sweet tooth..save me>?

Options
Raykels
Raykels Posts: 123 Member
Simple as. I love sweet things. Chocolate, cake etc etc.

I cant have my evening meal without a sweet, otherwise i feel hungry all night. And having two squares of chocolate doesn't cut it lol!

Any suggestions of low calorie low fat sweets? Is there any way of making flapjack healthy? lol

Replies

• sarelizbeth
    Options
    I am the same way but I found two good sweet snacks. I eat special K's pastry crisps only 100 calories per pouch. I also eat delight bites the cinnamon and brown sugar ones. They help curb my sweet tooth
  • Raykels
    Options
    They sound delicious! I must try to find these!
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Freeze bananas and then blend them up with some cocoa powder, vanilla, and maybe some chocolate milk, depending on how strong your blender is. It's 100-150 calories, has the texture of ice cream (or a milkshake if you put in too much milk), and is super delicious!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    If you're used to really good chocolate, those diet snacks won't cut it. I've been splurging too much lately and decided this morning to stop the madness and start drinking some tea before bed. I'm hoping this will also help me get to sleep as my schedule is way off as well. Luckily Celestial Seasonings has a Honey Vanilla Chamomile that smells and tastes wonderful so I'm going to start there. Stash also makes a decaf chocolate hazelnut that I'm looking forward to trying.
  • nicjev
    nicjev Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have that exact same "chocolate hunger" after dinner, and nobody seems to understand! I have banned myself from eating chocolate Monday-Friday in an effort to get out of the habit. I can't eat things that are flavoured of chocolate because it just makes me miss it more! I had some pineapple today after dinner and it did the trick. :) Low fat yoghurt on grapes/apples is nice too.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You could just save some calories for your treat of choice. I know, what a shocking idea.
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason, anytime I eat a salad, I get a sweet tooth a couple hours later. I had a salad for lunch today and since about 2pm I have been wanting something sweet. I made myself some chai tea in hopes that helps.
  • jlplank
    jlplank Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is a topic for me! Thank you for sharing your ideas and what works and what doesn't.
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream!!! I'm exactly like you and I could not have lost the weight without them. I like the bars (around 100cals) but they also have cones (~150cals) and sandwiches (~150cals). They also have cups but I can't find them anywhere in my town so I don't know how they are.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    How about saving some calories for an entire chocolate bar or for a slice of cake? That's what I do, I'm not going to avoid sweet things at all. I'm going to keep eating them and fitting them into my daily calories. And I'm losing weight. It's ok to eat sweets, just make fit.

And if you want, say for example slowly eat less of a chocolate bar each week or month. Now I usually eat about 1/4 of a bar, but I'm never gonna stop eating chocolate or sweets. They're too yummy. :flowerforyou:
  • Kat248
    Kat248 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try home made, all natural brownie balls. I was sceptical but they are yummy! They re around 75 calories per ball!

http://paleogrubs.com/raw-brownie-bites
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet tooth too but I realized the last time going through this I just didn't give in or I made sure I counted it as my calories. Once u eat it less or don't at all u don't crave it anymore
  • ericah971
    ericah971 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Pudding, mini size candy (i love 3 musketeers), or andes mints, my favorite is a banana with pb..
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I had to laugh at the flapjacks cuz ya, I add cinnabun protein powder to an already high-protein, no-sugar mix to make em "healthier"....then pile on butter & white sugar...mmmm lol (& now I want pancakes)
  • valjwhitehead
    Options
    Slice up an apple. Put 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese on apple slices and top with cinnamon. Great dessert substitute. Tastes like apple pie and ice cream.
  • SharonNehring
    SharonNehring Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'll second Skinny Cow products. Their caramel truffle ice cream bars are fantastic and the crisp bars are like having a candy bar.

My SIL gave me a recipe for a less guilty dark chocolate recipe from "Trim Healthy Mama" that I really liked when I tried some, but I've not made it myself yet. They have several versions if this, with added peanut butter, nuts or protein powder etc.

Ingredients: Cocoa powder, coconut oil, sweetener

1-Put 1/4 cup cocoa powder into small bowl
    2-add 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
    3-Add 3-4 tsp Truvia (ground in coffee grinder) or Nunatruals to taste
    4-Stir all ingredients together with a fork
    5-Line plate with wax paper and pour liquid chocolate on top
    6-freeze until solidified (about 15 minutes) then move to the fridge if you like it slightly softer
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    How dark is the chocolate you eat? I've found that the darker it is, the less I need to feel satisfied. I usually go for the 85% and a small amount is all I really want/need.
  • mnewmann02
    mnewmann02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Light and fit Dannon Greek yogurt raspberry chocolate. I have started to replace my normal after meal sweets with this its doing the trick.
  • Raykels
    Options
    Makepeas...I eat milk...good idea. I'll change to dark! Because I can't eat that half as much.

I can't abide yoghurt, I tried again last night and blech! lol.

But did discover some sugar free cookies today that are absoloutley divine, and only 29 calories.
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One treats (with granola bars at the grocery). The coffee cake is especially good and only 90 calories. Plus they have a built in system to keep you only eating one. Two and you will blow the roof off with gas.