The "I get to Freak Out" thread...

Options

Replies

• JessieJanie
    JessieJanie Posts: 428
    Options

Aw I wasn't being mean.... just don't know WTF is going on with all the Disney eyes and gags.... plus it was far too long winded for me. Unless you've written a best selling novel, I don't want to be reading that much

Oh and Mrs. Kendle, I believe there were at least two other posters who were as confused as I was if not more... the fact that you picked out my face to attack maybe says more about your issues than mine...
    Oh and I'm not a girl.... I'm far too old to be a girl.... I just don't look it :drinker:

Well if it was that confusing maybe you should have just moved on and not posted impolite comments.

I thought it was a lovely story, and she sounds like she's been through a lot, and has a lot to be proud of! And I liked the cartoons and gifs.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly, overwhelmingly confused.

me too.... and kind of tired after scrolling through all the cartoons

Tired from scrolling through the cartoons? Well, good thing you're on a fitness site, sweetness. Perhaps after getting some exercise you'll have the stamina and fortitude to spin that scroll wheel hard enough to get all the way to the back button where you can step the hell out before you get so worn out from staring at a computer that all that remains is sorry *kitten* excuses for cheap jabs at someone who just wanted to put their story out there.

Or perhaps this is a last ditch effort to get someone to save you from the kidnappers who have a gun to your head forcing you to read this page? If that's the case being nice instead of PMSing all over the thread would have better served you.:flowerforyou:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Haven't read it yet, just saw OP's name and wanted to say " l love you".
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Haven't read it yet, just saw OP's name and wanted to say " l love you".

:flowerforyou:
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options

Tired from scrolling through the cartoons? Well, good thing you're on a fitness site, sweetness. Perhaps after getting some exercise you'll have the stamina and fortitude to spin that scroll wheel hard enough to get all the way to the back button where you can step the hell out before you get so worn out from staring at a computer that all that remains is sorry *kitten* excuses for cheap jabs at someone who just wanted to put their story out there.

Or perhaps this is a last ditch effort to get someone to save you from the kidnappers who have a gun to your head forcing you to read this page? If that's the case being nice instead of PMSing all over the thread would have better served you.:flowerforyou:

OMG THIS :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

same here.I wonder if she was banned from using the blog feature too:laugh:

she should be banned from everything.

Everything
    I disagree. She should be able to write all the words

:heart:
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options

same here.I wonder if she was banned from using the blog feature too:laugh:

she should be banned from everything.

Everything

seriously?

need to be mean much?

Mirey...possibly this girl has issues? I mean....why would she feel the need to be a *****!

Aw I wasn't being mean.... just don't know WTF is going on with all the Disney eyes and gags.... plus it was far too long winded for me. Unless you've written a best selling novel, I don't want to be reading that much

Oh and Mrs. Kendle, I believe there were at least two other posters who were as confused as I was if not more... the fact that you picked out my face to attack maybe says more about your issues than mine...
    Oh and I'm not a girl.... I'm far too old to be a girl.... I just don't look it :drinker:

I didn't see anyone else saying she needed to be banned from EVERYTHING as you did above.

oh... that's your problem

ok
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    okay read it twice, how did she get hurt? And that kinda sucks after all the training! Hope you feel better soon! Was it an ankle?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

OMG THIS :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:

I second this^
  • lisamarie1780
    Options

I don't believe it was her story.....

I know... because I read it ... she says it before the cartoons even start...sweetness
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I know... because I read it ... she says it before the cartoons even start...sweetness

What he said still applies
  • MireyGal76
    Options

I do believe he was referring to the friend whose story I posted.

For all those who were daunted by the length... I'm sorry that the post exceeded the attention span of the many.

TL/DR:
    She was down, and damn near destroyed - physically and emotionally
    She got up and kicked her own *kitten* into submission
    She was her own motivation
    She dominates her life (even when scared)
    And even though some people still kick at her
    She will kick serious *kitten*
    Like she does every damn day
  • lisamarie1780
    Options

For all those who were daunted by the length... I'm sorry that the post exceeded the attention span of the many.

TL/DR:

that's better...

good for her

who needs Disney when you have a story like that
  • PikaKnight
    Options

TL/DR:

that's better...

good for her

who needs Disney when you have a story like that

Great story either way but I still appreciate your creativity of delivering it.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    executive summary for those who are confused...

the writer is feeling trepidation because she stepped out of her comfort zone and committed to doing a fitness race with her friends many months ago. she has been training her butt off to prepare for it and now the race is upon her (this weekend). she's worried because she thinks she's not as fit and ready for the race as everyone else and doesn't want to disappoint anyone. she's worried how people will react to meeting her in person after only knowing her on the computer. she's meeting up with MANY MFP members for the race. she doesn't want to disappoint any of her friends. she's worried that her recent injury is going to affect her ability to complete the race and that frustrates her. she's worried that by stepping outside of her comfort zone to sign up for this race, she's set herself up for disappointment. in short, she's confessing that her biggest battle in preparing for and running this race right now are her thoughts - which until today she has not let anyone know about. she's have anxious thoughts about EVERYTHING associated with the race, but she's going to push through those thoughts and do the race no matter what!

this is why it's relevant to post it here. she is seeing obstacles. some of them are real. some of them are not. it's ok to worry about them. it's not ok to let them hold you back from doing something you want to do and reaching a milestone you have set for yourself. whether it's racing or losing weight or whatever... the point is to keep on the path you're on even if every neuron in your head is trying to tell you to STOP and go back to your comfort zone.

at least that's what i get from reading this... and the cartoons didn't affect my ability to understand it at all.

if anyone thinks a message such as this doesn't belong in a Motivation & Support group, then i'm not really sure what you think does. i think it fits in here nicely. i look forward to hearing how she and her other MFP friends did during the race when the weekend is over. also, i believe this was initially posted in a private group (not blog), so the audience would be very limited there. MireyGal76 was simply trying to pass along what she felt was a useful message to a larger audience.

so to Yoovie and MireyGal76, i say good job! and to Yoovie and the other racers, good luck and have fun!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

You are phenomenal!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Wilson929
    Wilson929 Posts: 100
    Options
    Thanks for being her voice. This was a great read. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • MireyGal76
    Options
    executive summary for those who are confused...

the writer is feeling trepidation because she stepped out of her comfort zone and committed to doing a fitness race with her friends many months ago. she has been training her butt off to prepare for it and now the race is upon her (this weekend). she's worried because she thinks she's not as fit and ready for the race as everyone else and doesn't want to disappoint anyone. she's worried how people will react to meeting her in person after only knowing her on the computer. she's meeting up with MANY MFP members for the race. she doesn't want to disappoint any of her friends. she's worried that her recent injury is going to affect her ability to complete the race and that frustrates her. she's worried that by stepping outside of her comfort zone to sign up for this race, she's set herself up for disappointment. in short, she's confessing that her biggest battle in preparing for and running this race right now are her thoughts - which until today she has not let anyone know about. she's have anxious thoughts about EVERYTHING associated with the race, but she's going to push through those thoughts and do the race no matter what!

this is why it's relevant to post it here. she is seeing obstacles. some of them are real. some of them are not. it's ok to worry about them. it's not ok to let them hold you back from doing something you want to do and reaching a milestone you have set for yourself. whether it's racing or losing weight or whatever... the point is to keep on the path you're on even if every neuron in your head is trying to tell you to STOP and go back to your comfort zone.

at least that's what i get from reading this... and the cartoons didn't affect my ability to understand it at all.

if anyone thinks a message such as this doesn't belong in a Motivation & Support group, then i'm not really sure what you think does. i think it fits in here nicely. i look forward to hearing how she and her other MFP friends did during the race when the weekend is over. also, i believe this was initially posted in a private group (not blog), so the audience would be very limited there. MireyGal76 was simply trying to pass along what she felt was a useful message to a larger audience.

so to Yoovie and MireyGal76, i say good job! and to Yoovie and the other racers, good luck and have fun!

A BILLION THUMBS UP!
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Mirey, you are so sweet for posting this and Yoovie, your writing is inspirational as always!!! Yoovie, you can do this because you are a superheroine!!

#freeyoovie

P.S. I really had no idea that attention spans had become so short and literacy so devalued that ignorant people have to be burlitches in a motivation thread. I guess you really do learn something new every day! :flowerforyou:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    #freeyoovie

PS - some people need to find something better to do than piss all over a motivation thread.