The "I get to Freak Out" thread...

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    You go girls! You GOT THIS!! <===has my "voice" changed recently?
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I'll be on your shoulder whispering.

Just breathe,

The rest will be what it will be.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    #freeyoovie

PS - some people need to find something better to do than piss all over a motivation thread.

Quoted just because it needs to be repeated.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    #freeyoovie

PS - some people need to find something better to do than piss all over a motivation thread.

+1
  • Dewdropps
    Dewdropps Posts: 111
    Options
    I loved the story, and the presentation of it... (I was really hoping to see some sort of real pic of the person, though, just for my knowledge bank. I like putting faces with stories.)

<3
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I guess maybe its because I know who this is for, or the fact that I love the creativeness in which it was delivered, or the fact that it wasn't a "Whoa is me!! I ate a cupcake and now I'm doomed and just need to give up and quit because I can't do this!! :sad: " thread, but I loved it!! :heart:

I have totally admiration and respect for those who were mentioned and the many others who can pull themselves up and git 'er done!

Great post, great story, great people!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly, overwhelmingly confused.

me too.... and kind of tired after scrolling through all the cartoons

same here.I wonder if she was banned from using the blog feature too:laugh:

Just...wow...SMH...nothing of value to add, try adding nothing.

To the OP: you and your shiny are slated to win, place, and show. You have my bets baby.

#freeyoovie
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    #freeyoovie

Beautiful story, beautifully written. I'm glad you are both my friends. :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly, overwhelmingly confused.

me too.... and kind of tired after scrolling through all the cartoons

Tired from scrolling through the cartoons? Well, good thing you're on a fitness site, sweetness. Perhaps after getting some exercise you'll have the stamina and fortitude to spin that scroll wheel hard enough to get all the way to the back button where you can step the hell out before you get so worn out from staring at a computer that all that remains is sorry *kitten* excuses for cheap jabs at someone who just wanted to put their story out there.

Or perhaps this is a last ditch effort to get someone to save you from the kidnappers who have a gun to your head forcing you to read this page? If that's the case being nice instead of PMSing all over the thread would have better served you.:flowerforyou:

I don't believe it was her story.....

I know... because I read it ... she says it before the cartoons even start...sweetness

I do believe he was referring to the friend whose story I posted.

For all those who were daunted by the length... I'm sorry that the post exceeded the attention span of the many.

TL/DR:
    She was down, and damn near destroyed - physically and emotionally
    She got up and kicked her own *kitten* into submission
    She was her own motivation
    She dominates her life (even when scared)
    And even though some people still kick at her
    She will kick serious *kitten*
    Like she does every damn day

Shouldn't need a tl/dr because it is worth reading. But even the short version makes me want to :drinker: :flowerforyou: both of you.

To those that don't get it, well, life has a slow lane too.
    tumblr_m9fus1mjdt1qz5yzjo1_500.gif
  • flowerflooz
    Options
    First time I have ever come on any of this! I LOVED this story, but the comments by hurtful people made me sad, cuz someone went to a lot of trouble to share her heart. Thank you. You are loved. People care about your struggle and it made me feel happy to have those fun pictures to help explain your story! I felt really bad after going through some physical stuff a couple years ago and I thought I might never be ok. I am so much better no, but I can relate to the scariness to even go down stairs without holding on. And, when I am working out, I feel dumb sometimes, cuz my body can't do all the stuff other people seem to do with no problem at all. But, I am going to work on this. I am going to use my shine to move those numbers toward a healthier me. Thanks for sharing!!!!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the race, and I hope you rock those obstacles.

And to the guys 'n gals that can't handle multiple paragraphs and Disney gifs--good luck overcoming anything that actually requires effort and concentration. But don't worry. Being too scattered to register for a commitment that's seven months ahead will help you keep that bar low.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Mirey, you are so sweet for posting this and Yoovie, your writing is inspirational as always!!! Yoovie, you can do this because you are a superheroine!!

#freeyoovie

P.S. I really had no idea that attention spans had become so short and literacy so devalued that ignorant people have to be burlitches in a motivation thread. I guess you really do learn something new every day! :flowerforyou:

Unfortunately if it doesn't contain a lot of abbreviated words or acronyms some people just don't get it anymore. Sad but true.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    She is one of the most bad @ss of all bad @sses... I cant wait to run that race with her on Saturday and see her victorious at that finish line!
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I loved the original post too. I know just how it feels having to build up from rock bottom and face challenges most people don't even have to think about so it was great to read this story. Many congratulations to the un-named Spartan Racer! You're bloody brilliant. Way to go!
  • LouisianaHott
    Options
    #freeyoovie

It should be repeated over and over. She is a inspiration to many of us.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Mirey, you are so sweet for posting this and Yoovie, your writing is inspirational as always!!! Yoovie, you can do this because you are a superheroine!!

#freeyoovie

P.S. I really had no idea that attention spans had become so short and literacy so devalued that ignorant people have to be burlitches in a motivation thread. I guess you really do learn something new every day! :flowerforyou:

I LIKE you!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I cannot even begin to fathom how some people are to lazy/supid/quasi-literate to read the OP, which, by all accounts was hardly a novel and yet can somehow find the time/energy to write about how they couldn't be bothered to read the OP.

The mind boggles.

And good luck in the race - you can choose from: "what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" or my favourite: "don't let the *kitten* grind you down". :drinker:
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I read it. Do not understand why it is posted by a second person, but written in first person. That aspect was strange, solicitous, and didn't ring all that true.
    I'm sure we wish well to anyone who is surmounting the odds.:huh:
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    I read it. Do not understand why it is posted by a second person, but written in first person. That aspect was strange, solicitous, and didn't ring all that true.
    I'm sure we wish well to anyone who is surmounting the odds.:huh:

Sometimes people are allowed to blog, but not post in the forums and sometimes really cool things happen on blogs and are re-posted in the main forums for awesomeness.......