can I eat junk food after a workout and not gain

Options
2»

Replies

• gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options

Guilty/ I get one of those big Starbucks drinks before work. I get it with soy milk and sugar free vanilla and still feel terrible about it. Also, I wonder what they use as a sweetener. Unless its xylitol i'm trashing my body.... oh well

Hey if you have the calories in your budget for it, so what? It doesn't look like it's hurting your efforts.

Really, it's just my jealousy being judgy. Maybe once I get to a level of maintenance I'll work things like that in, but I just can't do it now.
  • MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Don't think it's physiologically possible to get fat eating leafy greens.

Well. I'll respectfully disagree. Too much of anything is just bad news.

"An African elephant can weigh as much as 16,500 pounds, making it the largest terrestrial animal.³ Keeping a body that massive moving requires many football-fields-full of vegetation. It also takes huge amounts of water. Elephants are both grazers and browsers; They eat plants of almost any size, from grass up to trees."
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options

Guilty/ I get one of those big Starbucks drinks before work. I get it with soy milk and sugar free vanilla and still feel terrible about it. Also, I wonder what they use as a sweetener. Unless its xylitol i'm trashing my body.... oh well

I know, I know! I'm a Starbuck's nut. Their sugar free syrups use Splenda, although they have tried a few pilot stores with a stevia base for their frappuccinos. However, for the most part - it's Splenda.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options

"An African elephant can weigh as much as 16,500 pounds, making it the largest terrestrial animal.³ Keeping a body that massive moving requires many football-fields-full of vegetation. It also takes huge amounts of water. Elephants are both grazers and browsers; They eat plants of almost any size, from grass up to trees."

As a point of order, I believe elephants are "big boned", and I'm sure PETA would have something to say about your insensitive implication that they are fat.
  • MochaMixAZ
    Options

As a point of order, I believe elephants are "big boned", and I'm sure PETA would have something to say about your insensitive implication that they are fat.

You're totally right. And y'know, "big" doesn't mean unhealthy - they are extraordinarily physically fit. And not fat... undertall, maybe, but not fat. I hear they tear it up on the stairclimber.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You have to be real eat what you like sparingly doesnt really matter about when i believe