I Quit Smoking

Options
2»

Replies

• fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    :D Good for you!!!!!! I have been smoke free since Halloween of last year. Not going to lie, hardest thing I ever did! So far..lol. One hour at a time turns into a day at a time and then a week at a time! I could light up one at any given moment any given day but I have to tell myself how horrible I felt while I was smoking and how hard it was to finally lay them down! Keep it up!! =)
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Keep at it! :)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I quit when I got pregnant and could never pick it back up. So i had it easy. My husband has 2 years now off nicotine. He tried meds and support groups, a few times unsuccessfully. But he kept at it, and replaced smoking with exercise/candy and that helped some. The doc finding something to "keep a close eye on" on his chest x-ray really gave him the added motivation.

I dont know how true it is, but according to theTRUTH organization, its easier to give up heroine than nicotine. So, be patient with the process. Best of luck!
  • lelane1981
    lelane1981 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! This is my seventh day of no smoking!! Feel free to add me if you need a little extra support or encouragement :)
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    debrini71 wrote: »
    I was browsing through the success stories looking for some motivation and inspiration when I came across a post by ewhip17 and what must by now be his famous quote, "I spent 10 years starting tomorrow. Start today."

What a great life story! I was extinguishing my latest cigarette at the time, but his post got into my head and I thought, how true, I'm starting today.

I quit smoking at 16:44 on Tuesday 6th January 2015 with 6 cigarettes left in the pack. It's been a whole hour!!

Best decision you'll EVER make! Congratulations.
    I quit on May 31 last year. I smoked 3 full packs of Marlboro's every single day.
    I had many people try to discourage me from quitting while I was also trying to lose weight. In reality- it was the BEST time to do so. When you're focused on getting healthy by eating better and exercising, it seemed ridiculous to myself that I was still doing the one thing that was the most unhealthy of all. I was certain I couldn't do it. But surprise! It was much easier than I believed and all I can tell you is that I feel like a completely different person now.
    - More stamina!
    - Better breathing!
    - More money in my budget! In fact, one month's cost of smoking pays for an entire year's cost of my community center membership. :)

I truly wish you success. Don't give up.
    Here is my mantra I told myself over and over until it stuck: "I'd much rather be a non-smoker who craves a cig, than be a smoker who wished she could quit".