100+ lbs to lose!!!

Options

Replies

• ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I ultimately have about 60 to loose. I have 30 to get to my first goal of getting to onederland. Ditto what Tratzer31 said about being hungry all the time. This is a huge problem for me and would love to hear what works for others.
  • lpfitzroy09
    lpfitzroy09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, and I have about 185 pounds too lose. I'm a teacher and a volunteer firefighter, and I often worry about my heart health in those situations. My husband and I are also both at the point where we are ready to start a family, but it isn't happening. I feel like losing the weight would help us in that sense. I have recently started going to the gym, and I am starting to work on my eating habits. As motivation, I signed up for my first 5k on the morning of my 29th birthday. I would love to have support and be support for anyone else. Add me! :D
  • silver12176
    silver12176 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ptsmiles wrote: »
    I ultimately have about 60 to loose. I have 30 to get to my first goal of getting to onederland. Ditto what Tratzer31 said about being hungry all the time. This is a huge problem for me and would love to hear what works for others.

I am so far doing lots of water. Eating small frequent meals and lots of veggies is also supposed to help. My problem most of the time isn't being hungry, it is eating just because it is time too and eating too much. Also thinking if I haven't eaten in a long time that I can eat whatever I want to and be under cals.
  • _meganlynn_
    Options
    I have about 120-130 I want to lose. Yall feel free to add me :)
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I want to lose about 70-80 lbs more if possible. I too suffer from bouts of depression, but have never gone to get it checked out. I'm a single mom of 2 beautiful terrors a 5yr old and 4 yr old, also I work full time. I joined here on Jan 5th. I also wear a Fitbit to help me move more, so far have lost 6.2 lbs. Cant think of the rest of the weight I still need to lose because it becomes overwhelming, I'm just trying to take it day by day, week by week. Feel free to add me. :) It's nice to know I am not at this alone and we are all going thru similar struggles.
  • JennJenn2002
    Options
    I have 135lbs. to lose. I've tried just about everything, even becoming a vegan for a little while. I am on a mission to lose this weight. Any advice or friendships are appreciated. Jenn
  • Kat4119
    Kat4119 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm back on MFP after a year. I lost 40 lbs last year and yes, have gained it back. I need to lose at least 100 lbs but could go 125. I have lost weight in the past, in my early 20's I lost 100 lbs, in my mid 30's I lost 128 lbs...I haven't mastered the "not gaining it back" part. Now in my mid 40's it is getting harder to lose plus my knees are shot now, I have no cartilage left and am bone on bone. It is painful to walk/stand and I will need to lose the fat above my knees before knee replacement surgery will be considered. I have an inappropriate relationship with food, tendancies toward depression, and need support because I am alone in my journey. Looking for a few friends out here in MFP land. Thanks for reading my story, I'm open to being your friend. God bless
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I lost 130lbs a few years ago, got remarried and had two more babies and gained most of it back. Really kicking myself! I'm down 9.4 so far this year with about 93 to go! Anybody feel free to add me! I really need motivation to stick with this and workout. It's not as easy as it was back then, now that I have four kids and work full-time and then some.

I would also like to be added to the Cheeky Chicks group!
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have 115 to lose.
  • heatherannh23
    heatherannh23 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 23, soon to be 24. I have roughly 140 to lose. I love MFP and lost around 30lbs on here before but gained it back..with interest. I'm always open to more friends! I've added a bunch of you but feel free to add me as well (:
  • jen25bl
    jen25bl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've got about 88 pounds that I would like to lose. I would love to be a part of your group! I need all of the support and motivation I can get!
  • Vetty155
    Vetty155 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have about 115 pounds to lose for now. I'll decide when I hit that mark if I want to continue to lose or just maintain. I'd like to join the Cheeky Chicks group if possible and if anyone wants to add me as a friend, that would be great.
  • redroadkd
    Options
    Who is looking to loose 100+ lbs? I know it can be difficult and I would love to help encourage and support you on our journey! I am looking to lose ultimately at least 180+ lbs on my journey!

• rawrcandra
    Options
    I am 23, and need to lose approximately 150lbs. I am so afraid that I can't do it, especially with PCOS.
  • jemmer74
    jemmer74 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, saw this post and even though I am at the end of the 100 lbs journey I wanted to say to you all that this can be done and done the right way. It takes time and work BUT the awesome way you feel in the end on top of simply looking better it is BEYOND worth it. I started at 260 lbs and am now at 166 and have 10-15 lbs of STUBBORN more lbs to go! We all have those days...EAT EAT EAT. I still have them and I used to BEAT myself up until I realized that when I beat myself up I just ate even more. Used the excuse well I already messed up right? Dont beat yourself up, we all are human and make mistakes chalk it up to a better work out next time and you will feel better again. Also, we all want to lose weight to fit into those tight *kitten* jeans or cute shirts, hey who wouldnt want that? I now try to look at it more from a Health perspective. When I am 60 I want to have mobility, vitality, I want to be able to live in quality! What I live by now, is MOVE MOVE MOVE. Exercise, any exercise at all that you can do and sustain to get you going! I started with walking. Did multiple 5k's. I still cannot run, I can interval but my knees hate running! Even completed a half marathon doing interval in less than 3 hours. No big feat but for me it was AWESOME! If you have a good back, invest in a KETTLEBELL. I have lost more inches in the last 6 months than I did in the last two years it took to lose the 94 lbs. Move, breathe, eat as well as you can and dont knock yourself down if you screw up! :):D;)
  • LEJ2015
    LEJ2015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'd love to motivate and encourage others on their journey as I am too looking for the same! I have a large amount of weight to lose and it can be hard to get started and keep motivated so if anyone is interested, please feel free to add me!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    My goal from today is to lose 85 pounds. I just turned 50 in December so this has been deemed my year to get my weight under control. Good luck to you on your journey.
  • mynameistrish
    mynameistrish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have 100+ to lose for sure. I am 34 years old.
  • fittermon
    fittermon Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    gemm30 wrote: »
    Hi guys I need some tips when I do my work outs in the evening I don't like to eat my dinner before I go, but am seriously lacking an energy boost after a day at work then dragging my booty to the gym, any suggestions of a light snack to munch, And please no banana tips yuck. Thanks guys.

I work out for 2 hours a night Mon-Thurs and I have found the EAS Carb Advantedge shakes are wonderful!
  • kt_simms
    kt_simms Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    angel388 wrote: »
    I created a group for women that need to lose 100+ lbs. Cheeky Chics
    Let me know if you would like to be added. Thanks

I would love to be included.. I'm definitely a Cheeky Chick!