ppl who wear exercise attire at whole foods

Options

Replies

• RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    nothing screams I AM SELF IMPORTANT than someone buying red quinoa in compression pants

Nothing screams self importance like someone that takes the time to watch what other people are wearing at the grocery store. Then has the temerity to post their self important tripe on a message board where there is no doubt a ton of people that work out then go pick up food on the way home.

I like you. You used "temerity" in a sentence.

:drinker:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    OK, next time I'm at the gym which is conveniently connected to the Whole Foods next to it I'll drive home and change into regular attire so your sensibilities aren't hurt.
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I pretty much wear yoga tanks and shorts all summer unless I'm getting dressed up to go somewhere. If it's just errands, eff it! I'm gonna be comfy. Especially down south where the humidity makes me sweat instantly as I walk out the door.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Haterrrrrz!
    2ugm42a.jpg
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    ... I didn't realize swinging by the grocery store after a good workout on my way home from the gym was against the law.

I do that often, too. I have 3 teenage boys and always am at the store- so if I'm working out, I'm already driving close to the store... might as well get more food for the hungry masses
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nothing screams I AM SELF IMPORTANT than someone buying red quinoa in compression pants

Nothing screams self importance like someone that takes the time to watch what other people are wearing at the grocery store. Then has the temerity to post their self important tripe on a message board where there is no doubt a ton of people that work out then go pick up food on the way home.

Yupyupyup.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I didn't know this was such an issue. I wear "workout attire" all the time because it is comfortable. Wow what would you say if you saw someone wearing all designer **** and blinged out? God nothing better to do much?
  • sunshyncatra
    sunshyncatra Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Nothing screams insecure like judging what other people wear to buy their groceries.
  • LeonitusCharm
    Options
    what about at wegmans? because I do that... or even trader joes... I'm all like I live in my workout clothes... you want me in real clothes take me out on a date... then take me out of them...

It's not Whole Foods, so you're in the clear. Breath a sigh of relief. :laugh:
  • michellechawner
    Options

I like you. You used "temerity" in a sentence.

:drinker:

I was thinking the same thing!

:flowerforyou: Carry on now.
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    This is possibly the funniest thread I've ever read. Awesome stuff here. :-)

BTW...I hit Roots Natural Market and bought chia seeds after spin class...and I didn't change.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I used to have a boss that thought that was scandalous: to wear workout clothes to the grocery store or to go in there not wearing your Sunday best.

I always wear workout clothes. Even when I don't workout. My Sunday best, is workout clothes. LOL
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options

Funny.

I tend to hit the grocery store after workouts. In compression pants too! :tongue:
  • That_car_is_full_of_balloons
    Options
    HAY LOOK AT ME
    IM WEARING LULUEMON AND BUYING EXPENSIVE HEALTH FOOD
    LOOK AT ME!
  • skrentz
    skrentz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I don't know who needs a life more.....The person who started this thread, all the other people who combine their errands with working out, or ME who is usually still in my workout clothes when making dinner. I like all of us better
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Eh. Just quit shopping at Whole Foods and buy food at only McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, etc. You'll see fewer people in compression pants. (You'll still see a lot of tight pants...but it won't be because they're compression pants...)
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    HAY LOOK AT ME
    LOOK AT ME!

I'm just asking, do you live under a bridge?
  • dieKriegerin77
    Options
    Out here in the PacNW, a lot of people grocery shop, go to coffee shops, and pretty much everything else in work out clothing. Maybe we like to spontaneously work out? Whole Foods, in general, screams self-important. I can get better prices, and a lot less scrutiny apparently, at the farmers' market or smaller co-op. Viva la Yoga Pants!!!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    HAY LOOK AT ME
    LOOK AT ME!

xqdfzl_zps9b97da0e.gif

:wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options

'cuz nobody hits the grocery store after hitting the gym? Surely I can't be the only one.