5'3'' Success Stories

Options

Replies

• stacilynn_1215
    stacilynn_1215 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    breezee65 wrote: »
    In am 5'2 and 167 lbs. Struggling right now to get started. Life is busy and staying consistent is tough especially when I am social with job and friends and it seems that the calories when eating out far exceed 1200. Does anyone have suggestions for staying on track when you are in my situation? Sometimes I feel like I need to stop living so I can stay home and track meals to lose weight. I am totally frustrated!

Hey! I completely understand how you feel with having a job and trying to stay on track with everything! I am 5'3" and currently weigh about 185 due to being nearly 37 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I'm also working 40 hours a week and going to grad school lol what can I say? I like to stay busy! Beachbody has completely saved me on managing my nutrition AND my workouts. We have a ton of great options for you to manage all of your health and fitness needs on a busy schedule. :) Feel free to add me or send me a message! I'd love to tell you more and help you get started on reaching your goals too! :)
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'4 and started at 175-180lbs (didn't weigh myself ever) and got down to 127 at my lowest. My profile pic was me at my lowest and have more pictures in my profile of me at my heaviest. THEN, I met my fiancé about 2.5 years ago and gained about 20lbs of HAPPY WEIGHT. :-) My wedding is in June so I have 60 days to lose 15 lbs. I've already lost around 5-10 from last month.
  • calley25
    calley25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the God work....
  • tjphelps73
    tjphelps73 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    5'5, SW 362lbs, CW 224lbs, GW 175lbs - It has been a long road and I hope to reach the end of it someday. I have been battling food and sickness the last year so I have lost a few, gained a few, and just been in the dumps. Just wanted to share - One day at a time, one meal at a time, & Eat to Live, Don't Live to Eat.
  • ashleywright_0
    ashleywright_0 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    pico79 wrote: »
    I'm 5'3 and 171 lbs. Started at 175 lbs. Goal weight is 130 lbs.

My stats are exactly the same as you! lol
    5'3
    Start weight: 175lbs
    Current: 158.8lbs
    Goal: 130lbs
  • breezee65
    breezee65 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    jsecret wrote: »
    In am 5'2 and 167 lbs. Struggling right now to get started. Life is busy and staying consistent is tough especially when I am social with job and friends and it seems that the calories when eating out far exceed 1200. Does anyone have suggestions for staying on track when you are in my situation? Sometimes I feel like I need to stop living so I can stay home and track meals to lose weight. I am totally frustrated!

@breezee65 If you know where you are going plan your meal ahead of time. Most restaurants have their menus and nutrition facts online so you know what you are getting into ahead of time. If you are unsure of the calories then order a meal and ask for a box right off the bat. Put half of the meal in there and don't touch it. Avoiding fried foods, high fatty foods, etc will also help. Go for water instead of soda or high cal drinks. Some salads can be just as high cal as burgers and other meals so keep an eye on exactly what you're getting. Eating out is a lot more difficult but it is do able!

• breezee65
    Options
    Great advice, thank you!
  • breezee65
    Options
    Cutemesoon wrote: »
    I'm shorter then most here. :'( I'm 5'1. I started around 235-240 lbs. Now I am 137. It took me around 2 years. 6 months of that was a bad plateau. Now that I think about it, I was eating out a lot & not working out as hard as I could've. OP my advice to you is to find what works for you. I did NOT want to go to the gym so I didn't. I found really great online trainers. Youtube has been my best friend when it comes to working out at home. Also, meal prepping is the best way to stay on track with your food intake. There are many free meal plans online, so google some of them. Best of luck to you!

@breezee65 Would it be possible at all for you to stop eating out? If not, many restaurants have a "under 500 calorie menu." Maybe you could try ordering off of it when you go out. Different things work for different people but I stopped eating out. I meal prepped & took my food with me where ever I went. It might be overwhelming for some but it helped me stay on track.

• breezee65
    Options
    I attend alot of business lunches so stopping it would be impossible plus I work from home so I look forward to getting out with friends and clients. Truthfully a larger hurdle than eating out is night eating habits. I could do great all day and then as soon as 8 p.m. hits I feel like I just lose it. :( Looking up meal plans is a great idea so I will try that, thank you!
  • Heartlight441
    Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" also! My starting weight was 177.8 35 days ago...now at 168. My current goal weight is 140 lbs which is the start of the 'normal' bmi range. Once I get there, then I'll re-evaluate but reading here I'm pretty sure I'll then aim for about 125. Happy to see I'm among kindreds here!
  • breezee65
    Options
    5'2 - highest was 221. I finally got serious 3 weeks ago and am down 3 lbs. I am happy with that and honestly do not want to lose much more than that each week. I'm hoping slow and steady will keep me from having too much loose skin and help with keeping the weight off in the long run! My Ultimate Goal Weight is 130. I have a long way to go :(

• breezee65
    Options
    Congrats on your 3 lb weightloss! Looking forward to hearing more about your progress because it motivates me to keep going too! :wink:
  • breezee65
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and currently 160. I just started again so haven't lost anything yet. I was down to 148 at one point but for whatever reason I slacked off and now I'm just as heavy as I was when I was pg with my first son! :(

• breezee65
    Options
    That is the story of my life!....Goos luck!
  • breezee65
    Options
    tjphelps73 wrote: »
    5'5, SW 362lbs, CW 224lbs, GW 175lbs - It has been a long road and I hope to reach the end of it someday. I have been battling food and sickness the last year so I have lost a few, gained a few, and just been in the dumps. Just wanted to share - One day at a time, one meal at a time, & Eat to Live, Don't Live to Eat.

• breezee65
    Options
    You can do it!! Keep us updated on your progress and good luck!
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1' and i started at 174 lb. Currently im down to 136 (38 lb lost) and my goal is 120.

Lets keep going strong!
  • breezee65
    Options

I actually still eat out quite a bit. I just plan my meals super small for breakfast or any meals at home. If I make sure they have protein and or fiber then I usually stay full until lunch or whatever. Also I find it helps if I pre log what I expect to eat so I can see it and decide how to make it fit. You can also lower the calories when you eat out by asking to leave off the cheese or whatever depending on what you get.

• breezee65
    Options
    Great idea, thank you!
  • enuf2
    enuf2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I started WW a month ago and have lost 7lbs. I am 47, 5'3. CW 200lbs. Work in progress, mini goals, meal planning, exercise and lots of support - this is my plan to be a success story!. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!