5'3'' Success Stories

Options

Replies

• mhosner
    mhosner Posts: 264 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi all you beautiful 5 foot short ladies.. I am 5 2" and am currently 194 pounds. Wow that is scary when you say it out loud and admit it. My goal weight is 135 pounds. A couple years ago I lost a bunch of weight and got down to 158 pounds. Man did I feel good and I felt that I looked good which was huge for me. After divorce and then dating and dinning out I am back up to my current weight. It is so depressing. I worked so hard to lose the weight before and it only took me 6 months to gain it all back. I can't seem to find my motivation again. Maybe it's the snow and cold weather or maybe it's that I don't believe I deserve to be thin again. I don't know. All I know is that my joints, my heart, and my mind deserve it. I am hoping to find motivation on here once again. MFP helped me drop before and I know it can again. Good luck everyone. I can't wait to update you with my success story.
  • Starfish1125
    Starfish1125 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! 5'3" and 171 here. Goal weight is 135. I'm curvy and want to keep it that way. I'd be happy with 140

I have tried all kinds of diets and restricting myself doesn't work. While I enjoy how I feel on the keto diet I miss chocolate and treats so I think I need to just calorie count and exercise more.

The lowest I've gotten down has been 149 and that was 2011. Since then I've emotionally eaten myself to where I am now

I need to love myself more and treat myself better. This thread is very inspiring.

• Natalie2950
    Natalie2950 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5' 1 1/2'' I have a hard time keeping my weight down as simply looking at something puts on 5llbs. I need to lose the last 6lbs. My body is not convinced but it's going to lose it whether it likes it or not. Feel free to add.
  • Treysar
    Treysar Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 5'3". I started at 184 and now I'm just under 140. Been stuck here for awhile and I keep gaining and losing the same 5 pounds. I think this might be my set weight, I'm not altogether motivated to get much smaller.
  • breezee65
    breezee65 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    5' 1 1/2'' I have a hard time keeping my weight down as simply looking at something puts on 5llbs. I need to lose the last 6lbs. My body is not convinced but it's going to lose it whether it likes it or not. Feel free to add.

• breezee65
    Options
    I'm 5' 1" and currently 160. I just started again so haven't lost anything yet. I was down to 148 at one point but for whatever reason I slacked off and now I'm just as heavy as I was when I was pg with my first son! :(

• breezee65
    Options
    Darn, I hate when that happens! I am right where you are and would be thrilled to get under 150 since I have not been able to get there for a while. I am going between 158 and 174 but on a good track now since joining Crossfit. Good luck to you!
  • breezee65
    Options
    enuf200 wrote: »
    I started WW a month ago and have lost 7lbs. I am 47, 5'3. CW 200lbs. Work in progress, mini goals, meal planning, exercise and lots of support - this is my plan to be a success story!. :)

• breezee65
    Options
    Any suggestions on meal planning?
  • breezee65
    Options
    mhosner wrote: »
    Hi all you beautiful 5 foot short ladies.. I am 5 2" and am currently 194 pounds. Wow that is scary when you say it out loud and admit it. My goal weight is 135 pounds. A couple years ago I lost a bunch of weight and got down to 158 pounds. Man did I feel good and I felt that I looked good which was huge for me. After divorce and then dating and dinning out I am back up to my current weight. It is so depressing. I worked so hard to lose the weight before and it only took me 6 months to gain it all back. I can't seem to find my motivation again. Maybe it's the snow and cold weather or maybe it's that I don't believe I deserve to be thin again. I don't know. All I know is that my joints, my heart, and my mind deserve it. I am hoping to find motivation on here once again. MFP helped me drop before and I know it can again. Good luck everyone. I can't wait to update you with my success story.

You absolutely deserve to be anything you want to be and we are all here to support you! I have struggled every day with learning how to balance my my weight when I have an active social life and it is tough but I intend to figure it out! ;) Everyone has their own way of getting there and it is whatwver works for you. I wish you luck getting back to your good place. :smiley:
  • breezee65
    Options
    Hi Everyone! 5'3" and 171 here. Goal weight is 135. I'm curvy and want to keep it that way. I'd be happy with 140

I have tried all kinds of diets and restricting myself doesn't work. While I enjoy how I feel on the keto diet I miss chocolate and treats so I think I need to just calorie count and exercise more.

The lowest I've gotten down has been 149 and that was 2011. Since then I've emotionally eaten myself to where I am now

I need to love myself more and treat myself better. This thread is very inspiring.

• breezee65
    Options
    I think we all have our challenges and my challenge right now is controlling my nighttime eating so I am focusing on that obstacle first. I think part of being kind to yourself is enjoying life but focusing on moderation which is where calorie counting is good. I am eating out today and plan to look up the the restaurant menu so I can pre select my meal and calories before I get there. I decided if I want something fattening then I will just eat half of it to keep within my caloric range and so far this week, it is working. I lost 2 lbs and enjoyed life at the same time.;) I agree that just being a part of this community encourages me to keep going.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    CW: 126
    GW: 115-120
    SW: 150

4'11" here. I started doing Weight Watchers two months ago and lost 24 lbs so far. I heard about this site from someone at the other site and now I'm doing both. I have about 11 lbs to lose still and may change my goal to a lower one but not sure. It has taken a serious life change this time around for me to lose this weight and actually keep it off so far and I plan on never going back. I felt miserable at my highest weight.

What's helped me is definitely weighing and measuring all my foods, cutting back on eating out, walking every other day and not stressing over losing a certain amount by a certain time frame. Sure I'd love to be summer ready in June but I realize I may not be and that's okay. I'm just happy to be where I am currently and didn't think I would ever get here!
  • breezee65
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    CW: 126
    GW: 115-120
    SW: 150

4'11" here. I started doing Weight Watchers two months ago and lost 24 lbs so far. I heard about this site from someone at the other site and now I'm doing both. I have about 11 lbs to lose still and may change my goal to a lower one but not sure. It has taken a serious life change this time around for me to lose this weight and actually keep it off so far and I plan on never going back. I felt miserable at my highest weight.

What's helped me is definitely weighing and measuring all my foods, cutting back on eating out, walking every other day and not stressing over losing a certain amount by a certain time frame. Sure I'd love to be summer ready in June but I realize I may not be and that's okay. I'm just happy to be where I am currently and didn't think I would ever get here!

• breezee65
    Options
    Thank you for sharing....You are an inspiration!
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". I started at 154 in mid January. I'm 141 now. I'm hoping to be 129 or less by mid July. I'm working on my first 10k and I'm taking spin classes at least 2x/week.
  • krepanie
    krepanie Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    SW 165
    CW 150.2
    GW 125

I am 5'3.5". That half inch counts. ;)

Started on January 26th with the purchase of a Fitbit flex. I've tried multiple times to lose weight, but always regain. This time seems different though. I think the visual of the Fitbit data has made a big difference.

I just eat in my calorie range, adding in more calories if I am super active that day. I mainly walk for exercise right now due to a bad knee.

My husband and I will celebrate our 12 year anniversary in May. My goal is to lose another 5 pounds by then, which puts me at the halfway point. Yay!!
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 CW 148.6 lb. Goal is 125ish. May go lower but is taking FOREVER to lose more than the same 3-5 I keep gaining and losing!! So aggravating...

I am making headway by changing things up. Its happening slowly (ounce by tiny ounce but they add up too!). My body just doesn't want to give up those pounds though. I weigh my food, manage my macros, lift 3-4 days per wk, and do cardio 5-7 days per wk. It will happen.

I'm not too discouraged all in all by the scale number though. My scale hates to move. I Know I'm losing inches bc my clothes are more loose. Going down panties and pant sizes tell me that even when that LIAR lives in my bathroom.
  • QueenofComeBacks
    QueenofComeBacks Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2"Started out 166lbs have gotten down 130 as my lowest but gain back 3 lbs. my goal 125lbs right now may go little lower after I reach, see how look and feel.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"3, 126 now. Wanna get down to 115 - 118.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!