Gym Attire for Women

Options

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.

Focus
    less detraction
    easier to avoid people
    controls the hair
    not as hot as a beanie.

And I touch my make up up- I don't put like more on- but I mean- I fix my eye liner and make sure my lipstick doesn't look busted.

I mean I'm wearing make up- might as well make sure it's SAT before I go in public again.

I wear makeup as well. I generally workout after I get off work. I had someone comment on it before (he basically said I wasn't working out hard enough b/c my makeup still looked nice when I got done), and I had to let him know that it wasn't my fault that my mascara and lipstick last all day. Don't be made at me b/c I invest in quality products!

I'd literally gone 5 years of going to the gym usually after work with a full face of makeup, and today a man asked me how long I was going to be using the mat in front of the mirror (I was trying to see if I was sitting back far enough when squatting with a new kettlebell cos it didn't feel right). I told him I was sorry but I had just started, and his response was 'pfft of course you need to stand there, you've done your makeup special'.

Such a nice young man.
  • auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wear performance leggings that are black so I have to wear black undies or else you would see my zebra print or polka dots :D
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    Also, can anyone explain why women wear ball caps at the gym? Nothing wrong with it. Just curious. A girl in one of my classes is always wearing one but I can't figure out why.

Focus
    less detraction
    easier to avoid people
    controls the hair
    not as hot as a beanie.

And I touch my make up up- I don't put like more on- but I mean- I fix my eye liner and make sure my lipstick doesn't look busted.

I mean I'm wearing make up- might as well make sure it's SAT before I go in public again.

I wear makeup as well. I generally workout after I get off work. I had someone comment on it before (he basically said I wasn't working out hard enough b/c my makeup still looked nice when I got done), and I had to let him know that it wasn't my fault that my mascara and lipstick last all day. Don't be made at me b/c I invest in quality products!

I'd literally gone 5 years of going to the gym usually after work with a full face of makeup, and today a man asked me how long I was going to be using the mat in front of the mirror (I was trying to see if I was sitting back far enough when squatting with a new kettlebell cos it didn't feel right). I told him I was sorry but I had just started, and his response was 'pfft of course you need to stand there, you've done your makeup special'.

Such a nice young man.

People. Don't you just hate em!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I'll wear my wetsuit next time to satisfy the OP's hangups on what I would normally wear. xwjphtdpoa45.jpg

haha classic. I bet you catch a lot men while diving
  • nicoleromine
    nicoleromine Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I find it amusing and shocking how many stuck-up prudes are apparently judging me at the gym. I wear what I want to the gym to improve performance (tighter clothes help me check my lifting form) and because I want to look as awesome as I feel (bright, pretty clothes are straight up motivational for me).
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    I imagine that some women think men do this
    fdf.gif
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    it's a gymnasium.

a building or room designed and equipped for indoor sports, exercise, or physical education.

attire worn is for agility, close fitted for safety reasons, sweat wicking, etc.

the people there are thoroughly preoccupied with sports, exercise or other physical activity. Sweaty, focused, consumed with ability and performance and getting better and stronger and fighting the demons in their minds.

It's not a party, not a professional workplace environment, not a runway show or a social venue.

I dont care if you can see my panty lines.

If my pantylines distract you, or if my chest-to-calves black and neon spandex is going to distract you, try turning your brain inwards and focusing really hard on the actual task at hand, the stuff gyms were made for.

Best of luck!

do you wear booty shorts to aid in agility?

I said I wear chest to calves black and neon spandex. It is mentioned just up there.

pardon me, I should have said 'does one wear booty shorts to aid in agility?'
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Focus
    less detraction
    easier to avoid people
    controls the hair
    not as hot as a beanie.

yep. My response is "it's not my fault you suck at putting on make up- I chose to not look busted and I'm good at doing my make up- chose quality products- and I'm also not a cardio bunny- so yeah- suck it"

also- a good base and then on top quality fix spray will fix most everything. I'm a perfomer- my make up HAS to hold up to sweat- or it won't make it through my dance shows- so yeah- if it can't survive gym time- it's not surviving dinner time.

Such a nice young man.

seriously? That would have been cause for some words- FFS- did he need the mirror or the mat? I mean- like what does he need it for that's more important than what you need it for.

Oiy- that rankles me.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I imagine that some women think men do this
    fdf.gif

At my gym and yes I was in it too. Some men do this. Actually he drops the dumbbell before finishing. Nope that is not me.

• 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options

Focus
    less detraction
    easier to avoid people
    controls the hair
    not as hot as a beanie.

yep. My response is "it's not my fault you suck at putting on make up- I chose to not look busted and I'm good at doing my make up- chose quality products- and I'm also not a cardio bunny- so yeah- suck it"

also- a good base and then on top quality fix spray will fix most everything. I'm a perfomer- my make up HAS to hold up to sweat- or it won't make it through my dance shows- so yeah- if it can't survive gym time- it's not surviving dinner time.

Such a nice young man.

seriously? That would have been cause for some words- FFS- did he need the mirror or the mat? I mean- like what does he need it for that's more important than what you need it for.

Oiy- that rankles me.

I suck at makeup (and my makeup sucks), so I always look like a raccoon after my workouts. :neutral_face:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    it's a gymnasium.

a building or room designed and equipped for indoor sports, exercise, or physical education.

attire worn is for agility, close fitted for safety reasons, sweat wicking, etc.

the people there are thoroughly preoccupied with sports, exercise or other physical activity. Sweaty, focused, consumed with ability and performance and getting better and stronger and fighting the demons in their minds.

It's not a party, not a professional workplace environment, not a runway show or a social venue.

If my pantylines distract you, or if my chest-to-calves black and neon spandex is going to distract you, try turning your brain inwards and focusing really hard on the actual task at hand, the stuff gyms were made for.

Best of luck!

I said I wear chest to calves black and neon spandex. It is mentioned just up there.

man we covered this- 10 pounds to the squat- 15 to the DL. Neon's count for an extra 5 on each lift.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    it's a gymnasium.

Best of luck!

man we covered this- 10 pounds to the squat- 15 to the DL. Neon's count for an extra 5 on each lift.

No increase on a good song?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    it's a gymnasium.

Best of luck!

negative ghost rider- I don't hear my music when I actually lift. set up- yes- but for the actual lift- I hear nothing.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    it's a gymnasium.

Best of luck!

negative ghost rider- I don't hear my music when I actually lift. set up- yes- but for the actual lift- I hear nothing.

That focus. Nice. You and the weight is all the matter during the lift.
  • Wronkletoad
    Wronkletoad Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    the weight and then the post lift fly-by, despite the closed pattern...
  • JoRocka
    edited January 2015
    Options
    its' weird- I don't do it on purpose- just something I noticed after finally realizing a song was over and I didn't actually jam to it. I'ts only for really LONG lifts that I notice when the music is on.

And funny- with big lifts- I take my headphones out completely-I don't want the distraction.

Outside of dealing with people- I can totally lift in silence- it's weird.
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Clothing isn't as distracting to me as much as the guys lifting weights and bellowing like a whale. Sometimes I fear they are getting hurt and need help but then it turns out they just like to "exhale" as loud as they can.

Lolz! Yeah, sometimes it sounds like they are rutting like elks...love the animal imagery
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Personally, I won't attend any gym that doesn't have the below as an absolute minimum standard of dress for females.

unspopast.jpg

• JoRocka
    Options
    I like their little boxing flats.
    I want.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    its' weird- I don't do it on purpose- just something I noticed after finally realizing a song was over and I didn't actually jam to it. I'ts only for really LONG lifts that I notice when the music is on.

And funny- with big lifts- I take my headphones out completely-I don't want the distraction.

Outside of dealing with people- I can totally lift in silence- it's weird.

Actually it makes perfect sense. Now would I try to lift in silence would be the same answer as you repping out some weight 100 times.