How do i get excited about working out.

Options
I work from 6:30 to 5 six days a week only off one day.I don't fell like working out my only day off. How do I fix this.

Replies

• dashanjohnson
    Options
    Help me
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Try different things, find something you like.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Honestly, from my experience it was only taking the time to do it regularly that I found myself getting excited about it and finding ways to fit it in easier. Your brain will get hooked on the release of endorphines post-workout, you will crave it more. Then you will naturally be more excited about doing it and probably find creative ways to fit it in.
  • SparkyJess3
    SparkyJess3 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Work out before or after work even if it's only 30 minutes. I work 8 to 5 five days a week and I work out after work 2 to 3 times a week and also something light like a bike ride for 30 minutes on one of my days off normally on Sunday. I either do a class like Zumba or do a home workout as it's usually dark by 6pm now.
  • dashanjohnson
    Options
    Help me
  • dashanjohnson
    Options
    Thank you I will try
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Find something you are passionate about. And find people who share that passion. For me its running, tennis, kayaking, and cycling. I love those things. I mean really love them. And I have a good group of friends that are just as fanatical as I am.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Like already mentioned, find something you love to do. Once you do that, it won't seem like such a chore. I have tried on more than one occasion to lose the weight, and ended up failing miserably because I hated everything that I was doing to try to reach that goal. I have no doubt that part of why I have been successful this time around is because I finally found some activities I enjoy doing!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    You've gotta be willing to help yourself and make the time. If it's important enough, you'll do it. No one here or anywhere else can provide you the motivation if you just aren't willing to do it.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    When you make goals like swim x amount of distance/ time intensity. I want to lift a certain amount by a certain date on calender.

Key word is GOALS. You find a activity you love then set goals for said activity.
  • dashanjohnson
    Options
    I just move here a year ago have meet that many people . Always at work
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, what do you enjoy doing when you get home? The AHA goals for exercise are only 75 minutes of vigorous activity or 150 minutes of moderate activity per week. I coach youth basketball and soccer. Two practices already add up to 150 minutes! Other easy ways include walking to lunch on workdays or playing video games such as Wii Fit, Just Dance, etc.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. Find an activity you enjoy and you'll look forward to it.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    1. Find something that you like to do. Do you like the outdoors? Start walking in your neighborhood after work before dinner. Do you like dance? Find a zumba class in your area. Do you like games? Get a WiiFit. Do you like meeting new people? Join a league sport.
    2. Find a way to incorporate exercise into things you already do. Park as far away from the store as you can to get a little extra walk. Do bodyweight squats while dinner cooks. Do yoga before bed to wind down. Go on walks during lunch.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Help me

What kind of work do you do? Is it possible to be more active at work and during your day? What does your lunch hour and/or breaks consist of? I'm all for incorporating activity into your already existing schedule rather than adding to it seeing as how you have very little time off already.

However, if you do have time to schedule in a workout the key is to NOT ask yourself if you feel like doing it. You just DO IT just like you go to work when you don't feel like it. If you can give more details then we can give more help!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I work from 6:30 to 5 six days a week only off one day.I don't fell like working out my only day off. How do I fix this.

Are you excited to go to work for 8 hours a day, six days a week? Prolly not, but you get up and go, don't you?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »

Are you excited to go to work for 8 hours a day, six days a week? Prolly not, but you get up and go, don't you?

Yup.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »

Yup.

Yup. If I only worked out when I felt like it, I'd still weigh 300 lbs. I don't really feel like not eating cake for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, either, come to think of it.

Sorry, that's just the truth. But, I can tell you that it's worth it. And when I'm doing it, I do enjoy working out (mostly). But the actual going is tough.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Find something that makes you want to do it. On the days when I didn't want to work out I did the 10 minute rule. I said I would do XYZ for 10 minutes and most all of the time I was finishing an hour workout. Perhaps find a class you like...Zumba, Kick Boxing (super fun for days when people annoyed me), Yoga...you get the idea.
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    It seems like it's assumed in most of the responses, but with the wording of your question, want to put it out there: you shouldn't plan to just workout on your day off. You need to make it part of your routine (something I struggle with too). If you do half an hour of exercise/activity after work every day, you could make your day off your rest day, but don't take an approach that you don't have time to work out if you work so you're just going to work out on your day off. Just my perspective. I have a hard time getting motivated myself, but I think you have a lot of good advice from other posters about that too.