How many calories in Cannabis?

Options
124»

Replies

• sciman111
    sciman111 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be careful with edibles. If you have never used cannabis before only eat 1/4 of a dose and wait at least two hours before you eat more. Overindulging in edibles can be an extremely unenjoyable experience. See "Dowding Out". Best to smoke or better yet vaporize flower material if it is your first time. It can take several hours for the full effects of edibles to be felt and the effects can last several hours and even days, smoking or vaporizing flowers will have you feeling the effects much quicker and those effects will last for a shorter period of time if you over do it.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    All of you rookies claiming the munchies after you smoke

pretty sure it varies from person to person, pro.

i've been smoking for 20 years and get hungry. could have something to do with strain too.

• MaddieRainbowHealth
    MaddieRainbowHealth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There are calories in any edible product, and they should label that most of the time on the package itself. For example, I'm in a state where recreational marijuana is legal, and for one 10mg brownie by ZootBites, it is listed as 120 calories. If you're unsure about the calories because they are not listed on the package, I would say a safe estimate would be anywhere from 100-200 calories. And also, while smoking can cause some health issues if done regularly, it is also preferable because it has no calories, and even those that do smoke regularly have way less health issues than tobacco smokers. And there is also vaping, as a way to "smoke" that is easier on the lungs. Enjoy and as always, exercise consumption responsibly. Edibles can be very potent, so if you are new, 10mg to start should be plenty and safe, for your first time. Good luck and have fun!
  • MaddieRainbowHealth
    Options
    This is also a good website for more information on edibles from a reliable and weed-positive place: https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/medibles-101-everything-youve-ever-wanted-to-know-about-edibles
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    So if eating the cannabis will create hunger for you, maybe take some HCG to help the hunger go away while you eat your cannabis in peace.

HCG doesn't work, it's a scam!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    it may be legal there, but ensure that your employer won't be drug testing you on your return. You could be fire.
  • MaddieRainbowHealth
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @caroldavison332 Very true! It doesn't sound like this person is going to be drug tested, but yes, best to consume when you're not going to be tested. Just be safe and have fun. Also, for the original person who asked the question, if you do accidentally take too much, remember that it isn't a fun feeling, but it'll pass, and hardly anyone has overdosed and died on weed. Check out Leafly.com also. Great website with good information.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Calorie amounts are listed on edibles. Please be careful. You won't die from the couch lock, but I hear it can be unpleasant. If you're too high, take some CBD and go to bed. There are no calories in smoking flower. Also, please be courteous when you come here. We do not smoke in public like the rest of the world seems to believe, not everyone in CO is a stoner, and when you bring enormous groups of tourists to the dispensaries it's annoying AF.

Also, there are some really silly misconceptions and stereotypes in this thread.
  • MaddieRainbowHealth
    Options
    Calorie amounts are listed on edibles. Please be careful. You won't die from the couch lock, but I hear it can be unpleasant. If you're too high, take some CBD and go to bed. There are no calories in smoking flower. Also, please be courteous when you come here. We do not smoke in public like the rest of the world seems to believe, not everyone in CO is a stoner, and when you bring enormous groups of tourists to the dispensaries it's annoying AF.

Also, there are some really silly misconceptions and stereotypes in this thread.

@denversillygoose Well said!
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    There has to be. everything that you put into your mouth has calories.

How many calories does a glass of water have? A breath of fresh air?
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2hobiyrrefs0.gif
    You already have enough advise.
    I'm just here for a cool gif! :D
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »
    Is your plan to consume said cannabis in some sort of baked good such as a brownie? I would log the pot brownie as an ordinary brownie, as the THC in the marijuana is generally extracted (by simmering) into the oil or butter to be used in the batter, and the leaves are usually strained out.

http://www.theweedblog.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-marijuana-brownies/
    for informational purposes only.

this is the truth. there are also sublingual drops which are usually suspended in oil (because the thc bonds to lipids) it should state the type of oil, but for the amount of drops you'll use the calories would be pretty minor (i guess? but i don't know your dosage). for gummy candies the thc is usually made into a tincture that is alcohol or glycerin based. as a rule of thumb though, i would just log a high cal version of the non-thc edible thing. i would estimate high because people add extra sugar, chocolate or other flavoring to camouflage the taste sometimes.

• elpint0r
    elpint0r Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    420 cals per smoke, be careful.. they add up!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    No calories, so no worries on weight gain, just cognitive loss.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    edited March 2017
    Options
    dv5v5nwlptfj.jpg

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
This discussion has been closed.