it works products

Options
Just curious if anyone has tried any of the it works products? I am just starting to try the wraps in hopes that it will give me the extra motivation to stay on the right track.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    It will rid you of some excess money, but that's all it does.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    yeah... the funny thin about "It works" is that it doesn't actually.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    How will slightly temporarily MAYBE reducing some water help motivate you to lose weight?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Complete waste of money.
  • sonystonie
    sonystonie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I know a few people personally that sell it and use it for themselves that have somehow had amazing results , so they say. You ask how would maybe temporarily reducing water give me motivation, well I was thinking in the terms of it actually doing what it claims. I thought this blog was about support and motivation? I was looking for opinions but not negativity towards my own personal thoughts or goals.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I support and motivate you to do foolish things. Feel better?
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    sonystonie wrote: »
    I know a few people personally that sell it and use it for themselves that have somehow had amazing results , so they say. You ask how would maybe temporarily reducing water give me motivation, well I was thinking in the terms of it actually doing what it claims. I thought this blog was about support and motivation? I was looking for opinions but not negativity towards my own personal thoughts or goals.

Try not to take it personally. It's just that a lot of people here have either fallen for a bunch of fads, or watched enough other people do it to want to try to steer people away from things that are not likely to have any real benefits. It's the products they are insulting, not you, and they are doing it to try to save you from an expensive mistake.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    1) This isn't a blog.
    2) Support and motivation can sometimes be advicing people not to do stupid (or simply useless) things.
    3) People don't always tell you the truth, especially when they have something to sell to you.
    4) Nobody here has expressed negativity against your goals, but the thoughts about "it works" are indeed negative and unhelpful.
  • sonystonie
    Options
    Wow smart *kitten*. I just wanted opinions not attitudes. I am doing everything else I need to do to loose weight so I am not relying on these so called wonder wraps. I am not stupid or foolish because I spent a little bit of an unexpected christmas bonus just to try out something different. I have spoke with people first hand that have different opinions about these products but wanted to reach out a little bit farther. A simple yes they eirk or no they don't would be just fine.
  • loveliftlaughxo
    loveliftlaughxo Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't personally like the wraps (never did anything for me.) However, I like a lot of the supplements. I use hair skin and nails and it has improved my skin and assisted me in growing my hair back out. I also know someone who had major health issues that started taking the greens and swears by them for improving her health. Also know another person who competes in competitions who solely uses their supplements.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I just wanted opinions not attitudes. I am doing everything else I need to do to loose weight so I am not relying on these so called wonder wraps. I am not stupid or foolish because I spent a little bit of an unexpected christmas bonus just to try out something different. I have spoke with people first hand that have different opinions about these products but wanted to reach out a little bit farther. A simple yes they eirk or no they don't would be just fine.

I would buy some sweet workout clothes with that bonus!
  • sonystonie
    Options
    I am referring to statements like these.
    I support and motivate you to do foolish things. Feel better?
    How will slightly temporarily MAYBE reducing some water help motivate you to lose weight?

• wolverine66
    Options

You don't need magic beans to do this. You can do it all on your own. Even if "it works" worked, it'd be temporary because you didn't learn to eat and exercise in any way to maintain a loss by just wrapping yourself in something. There are no short cuts. If there were, everyone would be thin. This is a process of learning to eat, and learning to burn calories and learning it in a way that you can maintain it for your life. YOU CAN DO IT without the wraps, cleanses, shakes, pills, electric shock belts and lemon water.

It takes time, and i know that sucks. But it is also worth it. And everyone can do it, if they want to. But they have to want to. And really want it. Not kinda want it... but really, truly, want it. And you can do it. and this place can help. They can teach you things you never knew. They can show you ways to exercise and lift and fit foods into your daily eating.

But you also need to be willing to listen. You need to be open to the possibilities that there is nothing that will do this for you. You have to do it for yourself. You have to take the time and effort. And you can do this, without the wraps.

How's that for Support and Motivation?

• portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ..."and lemon water."

Aw. I like lemon water. ;)

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No one is being crappy to you. I promise. People are just trying to help you not waste money on something 100% unnecessary.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    They don't work. You can get the same results wearing a neoprene waistbelt for the same amount of time. While the compression temporarily reduces waist size, leave them off long enough and the waist return to original size.
    Being around fitness for a long time and having done research a long time, this idea originated and was peddled back in the 40's

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • naui1994
    naui1994 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My wife used to sell the "It works" products. The only thing that I liked was the "Greens" powder. I would not purchase the wraps. They may give you the short term benefit of losing some water weight but they are not a long run solution.
  • sonystonie
    Options

You don't need magic beans to do this. You can do it all on your own. Even if "it works" worked, it'd be temporary because you didn't learn to eat and exercise in any way to maintain a loss by just wrapping yourself in something. There are no short cuts. If there were, everyone would be thin. This is a process of learning to eat, and learning to burn calories and learning it in a way that you can maintain it for your life. YOU CAN DO IT without the wraps, cleanses, shakes, pills, electric shock belts and lemon water.

It takes time, and i know that sucks. But it is also worth it. And everyone can do it, if they want to. But they have to want to. And really want it. Not kinda want it... but really, truly, want it. And you can do it. and this place can help. They can teach you things you never knew. They can show you ways to exercise and lift and fit foods into your daily eating.

But you also need to be willing to listen. You need to be open to the possibilities that there is nothing that will do this for you. You have to do it for yourself. You have to take the time and effort. And you can do this, without the wraps.

How's that for Support and Motivation?

Well that was very well said. Thank you for the positive attitude.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    ..."and lemon water."

Aw. I like lemon water. ;)

Well... i grant you the exception. as long as you are drinking it because of taste and not because it melts pounds away. :-D
  • sonystonie
    Options
    I was mostly interested in the skin tightening benefits. I realize nothing will magicly take the weight off. I have a long way to go and realize that eating healthy and exersize will get me there. I unfortunately have the mom belly that I was hoping these wraps would help tighten up. I thought that maybe if it did at least that it wou ld be the little bit of difference I needed to finally keep me on track.