it works products

2»

Replies

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    My SiL sells them and has also been using the products herself regularly for about two and a half years now. Guess what? She's still fat.

The company name 'ItWorks" is an absolute joke, because they do absolutely everything BUT actually work. Don't waste your money.
  • karri144
    karri144 Posts: 16 Member
    I used to be a distributor for IW. It should be known that although many distributors advertise the wraps as a weight loss tool, they are not intended to make you lose weight. They are to help tighten, tone, and firm skin. And, the results generally are not permanent. I did see results with some of the supplements such as the greens, fat fighters, and thermofit. They did help me shed a few pounds and although I havent taken the supplements in over a year, the weight never came back. Despite this, I no longer sell or use any of their products. If you're just looking to have fun, I would say to go ahead and try a wrap! It makes for a fun girls night or get together and even if temporary, you may see some results! But if youre looking to see serious, long lasting results from using them, I would say skip it.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Don't waste your time or money. It's a mlm scam. A girl from my gym is an itworks distributor , she also sells shakeology . She is about 150 lbs over weight and recently had weight loss surgery. She has told me that if the stuff really worked then she'd be thin! Lol there's no short cuts, you have to put in the work necessary. There's tons of people trying to make money from weight loss products don't get fooled.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Here is the product info for the "greens"...

Detoxify, alkalize, and promote pH balance within the body
    Acidity-fighting magnesium and potassium blend
    Cutting-edge probiotic support for digestive health
    38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
    Multiple servings of fruits and vegetables in every scoop
    Free radical-fighting antioxidants
    Tangy orange flavor
    New larger size for three times the Greens!

All you have to do is read that to know it's a crock.
  • TMski1000
    TMski1000 Posts: 48 Member
    Thorsmom05 wrote: »
    Don't waste your time or money. It's a mlm scam. A girl from my gym is an itworks distributor , she also sells shakeology . She is about 150 lbs over weight and recently had weight loss surgery. She has told me that if the stuff really worked then she'd be thin! Lol there's no short cuts, you have to put in the work necessary. There's tons of people trying to make money from weight loss products don't get fooled.

^^^ I see this too regularly .. if it really "WORKS" why do the consultants look the same every single time I see them(at least the ones I see)? -- maybe that is negative but its true.. I think its crappy that people try to suck the willing/unknowing into these schemes (I am guilty of being sucked in :/) -- in the long run diet pills and wraps wont work and who really knows whats in that stuff? .. Don't waste your money.. stick with a healthy diet and exercise..
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Here is the product info for the "greens"...

Detoxify, alkalize, and promote pH balance within the body
    Acidity-fighting magnesium and potassium blend
    Cutting-edge probiotic support for digestive health
    38 herbs and nutrient-rich superfoods
    Multiple servings of fruits and vegetables in every scoop
    Free radical-fighting antioxidants
    Tangy orange flavor
    New larger size for three times the Greens!

All you have to do is read that to know it's a crock.

Actually the ingredients for the GREENS are:
    Soy lecithin, soy protein isolate, Spirulina pacifica, apple fiber, barley grass, eleuthero root extract, brown rice flour, alfalfa leaf, barley malt, beet juice powder, royal jelly, bacillus coagulans, acerola, chlorella, milk thistle seed, astragalus root extract, green tea leaf extract, ginko biloba leaf extract, dulse, bilberry extract, aloe vera gel
    Broccoli, black walnut leaf powder, blackberry fruit, blueberry fruit, corn silk stylus, cranberry, dandelion leaf, goldenseal herb, kale, lemon grass, marshmallow root, meadowsweet herb, oat straw, papaya leaf, parsley, pau darco bark, plantain leaf, red raspverry leaf, rose hips, rosemary leaf, slippery elm bark, spinach, strawberry fruit, tomato, turmeric root, watercress white willow bark and okra
    Other ingredients: natural flavors, malic acid, citric acid, stevia leaf extract and silica

Yes, I bought these things. I work with a friend whose wifes sells them. Did I kind of get lured into it and feel pressured... yup. I bought 3 months worth and cancelled it after. They actually taste good. Do they work? I have no idea.. I certainly did not notice anything different after I was drinking them.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I have a particular distaste for "ItWorks" aside from the egregiousness of the name. My wife's cousin has been sucked into this whole thing and is now a distributor or coach or associate or whatever they are.

Her whole life seems to be slowly being subsumed into this "business." I'm her friend on FB mostly to see photos of her kids. Most of her posts are about this nonsense. She's forever posting challenges and deals and crappy motivational sayings. She goes to sales conventions and posts more nonsense from those. She's constantly challenging people to try this "crazy wrap thing."

It's maddening. It has been speculated that she's deep in the hole on this.

Plus she's an RN and should really &*(%@^ know better!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    I have a particular distaste for "ItWorks" aside from the egregiousness of the name. My wife's cousin has been sucked into this whole thing and is now a distributor or coach or associate or whatever they are.

Her whole life seems to be slowly being subsumed into this "business." I'm her friend on FB mostly to see photos of her kids. Most of her posts are about this nonsense. She's forever posting challenges and deals and crappy motivational sayings. She goes to sales conventions and posts more nonsense from those. She's constantly challenging people to try this "crazy wrap thing."

Do you think its a pyramid scheme of some sort?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    jchenks wrote: »

Do you think its a pyramid scheme of some sort?

I don't think it's technically a pyramid scheme, as it would then be open to legal prosecution.

It is certainly a multilevel marketing scheme, as many of these weight loss companies are.
  • Turtle003
    Turtle003 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm glad I read these posts...I have been wondering about these products and whether to try them or not. I'm not totally leaning either way right now. I have about 15 more pounds to lose and I'm getting desperate I think :(
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Don't waste your money. Eat clean and exercise.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Please name in full detail, what exact toxins you're trying to get rid of, and their scientific names.
  • lexilu823
    lexilu823 Posts: 13
    One of my best friends is a distributor and I got sucked into buying from her. I drink the greens every morning instead of coffee to wake me up, but not as a weight loss supplement. I like the way it tastes and I haven't had coffee in over 2 months. I also take the fat fighters. I haven't seen much of a difference with them, but I told my friend I would do a 3 month challenge for her so I'm giving it a shot. I don't expect miracles to happen and, being an athlete, I know how exercise and eat right to lose weight. I've lost 20 lbs since the beginning of the year and I don't believe using these products is why. I'm just supporting my friend.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    It will rid you of some excess money, but that's all it does.

Bwhahaha that is so true! It's a ponzy scheme!
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Also those before and after pictures promoting hair skin and nails are either the"before" my haircut at the salon "after" I fooled you cause I photoshopped or took a picture before I cut 4 inches off my hair.....
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,262 Member

You summed up my life. It seems like my friends post all this crap on facebook too. Got tagged in an ItWorks post this morning and really and biting my tongue....
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited March 2015
    I learned all about body wraps while attending massage school. Its water loss and gives you the illusion you've lost weight/inches but guess what happens once you drink water... I did buy the HSN (hair, skin and nail) supplements hoping it would work because I have fine, thin hair but I'm going on my second bottle and I truly haven't noticed any difference.