what to drink with my lunch...

Options
Most of the day i drink water with a little lemon juice in it, but i'd been drinking an Arnold Palmer lite half & half with my lunch. I am really looking to cut my unnecessary carbs (i want to be closer to 40% than 50% every day) and unfortunately i think this drink has got to go because there are 21g of carbs in it. What are some other suggestions that are lower in carbs that you guys like?

Replies

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I usually drink either water, flavored seltzer water, or diet coke.

You could also try unsweetened iced tea.

I try not to drink my calories unless its milk.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Seltzer water.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke with my meals.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How about make a pitcher of ice tea plain and a pitcher of crystal light lemonade.
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    A nice cup of herbal tea :smile:
  • OKfarmgal
    OKfarmgal Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try different fruits in your water. Sometimes I make a big jug of water and put orange slices in it, or limes, or strawberries. Let it sit overnight and yum!! I've frozen strawberries and blended them to put in water, better than ice sometimes!!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Most of the day i drink water with a little lemon juice in it, but i'd been drinking an Arnold Palmer lite half & half with my lunch. I am really looking to cut my unnecessary carbs (i want to be closer to 40% than 50% every day) and unfortunately i think this drink has got to go because there are 21g of carbs in it. What are some other suggestions that are lower in carbs that you guys like?

Can I ask why you are trying to cut carbs?

Anyway- do you like diet soda? That would be my choice.
  • Kerestesb
    Kerestesb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I say either just stick to the water or unsweetened iced tea with lemon.
  • jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    water, or i have ginger and lemon twinings tea ^.^~~~~
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Black coffee
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I would go with iced tea and lemon, no sweetener. Or just water. I like water with food and coffee, tea or diet soda by itself.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Water.
    Unsweet iced teas.
    Unsweet hot/warm teas.
    Water with crystal light or something of that sort in it.
  • rseneca724
    rseneca724 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I usually have a diet ginger ale or diet root beer (can't have caffeine). Crystal Light is a good option to just add to a bottle of water. I used to love the raspberry lemonade variety until I got burned out on it. The only calories I drink are wine or milk.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Can I ask why you are trying to cut carbs?

Anyway- do you like diet soda? That would be my choice.

i'm following the NROLFW, and im trying to get my carbs down to 40% with Protein and Fat both at 30%
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    I'm simple. So water it usually is. Sometimes I'll have a Diet soda or no cal sweetened tea (hot or cold) if I'm feeling fancy. Mio or Crystal Light (there's a billion flavors from which to choose) if you like variety.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Water is basically what I drink. I've been buying lemons, cutting them up and putting them in my water.

I'll drink a diet Pepsi, Coke or Dr. Pepper occasionally (if I really wanna splurge :smile: )

I also like homemade iced tea, unsweetened. Add some Splenda or your sweetener of choice if you like.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't drink anything when I eat. I think I read somewhere that its best to not drink when eating as it interferes with digestion. After my meal, I drink water as usual.
  • sandraallangrimes
    sandraallangrimes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I normally have water, but now I am going to add some lemon or strawberries to it after reading some of these messages. I have given up coffee this week, because of the same reason... I need sugar and cream.. But amazingly I can drink a hot cup of tea plain.. so Green Tea especially nice on these cold cold days!
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I normally have water, but now I am going to add some lemon or strawberries to it after reading some of these messages. I have given up coffee this week, because of the same reason... I need sugar and cream.. But amazingly I can drink a hot cup of tea plain.. so Green Tea especially nice on these cold cold days!

I agree, the Tazo Green Tea from Starbucks is my favorite, when i was drinking it regularly i got to the point where i didn't need any honey in it... i was able to work my way down to just milk in my coffee, it wasn't easy and some mornings i still want to dump sugar in it, but it just isn't worth the extra calories/carbs
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Water, and diet soda with dinner or when I'm out