Down 125lbs! If I can do it, you CAN DO IT! Thanks myfitnesspal!!

Options

Replies

• bharatirats
    bharatirats Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing....great work..
  • k4tie82
    k4tie82 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    @shiyamalee4 I hear ya on the gloomy weather! So glad this helped you! :)
  • MissPhalange
    MissPhalange Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Thank you for sharing your story!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @MissPhalange‌ of course! Thanks for letting me share with you all! <3
  • k4tie82
    Options
    New before and after for those of you that asked to see current progress! :) to46fjg8x6e9cw.jpg
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You look stunning. Absolutely gorgeous. Really strong and fit. Do you exercise with your children and family too?
  • BC1966
    BC1966 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    great transformation. thanks for sharing your story. You look amazing !
  • AndreaWhite611
    AndreaWhite611 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Totally amazing before and after. Go you!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @cherys I do exercise with my family! :) We go on walks together, my husband and I hit the gym together and our kids LOVE to hit the kids zumba class! I love that we are a healthy FAMILY. <3
  • believeinme0430
    believeinme0430 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you look amazing!!!
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Wow...wow...wow!!! You look amazing...thanks for sharing your story with me-it will help me & others!!! :)
  • k4tie82
    Options
    Of course!! Thanks for letting me share!
  • _whatsherface
    _whatsherface Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    This is totally inspiring as I started out at 318 and am currently 256. You look freaking amazing. You like don't even have a stomach anymore! Keep up the great work!!!!!
  • siouxzcue
    siouxzcue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am sooooo inspired! Kudos to you, @k4tie82‌, for staying the course! What an accomplishment! I've had several false starts on the 60# I need to lose. I think I only had 40 to lose when I started with my false starts, then 20 more came calling. I get rid of 10# and 3 come to the funeral! I'm truly ready now and though I loath exercise, I'm trying to make it my friend. Can you tell me, please, what sort of exercise did you do in the early beginnings of your journey? I'm a walker right now, but aspire to be more..I feel like I need your before and after pics on my fridge for motivation until I am able to show off some of my own. Weight loss certainly has gotten harder after age 40....
  • GiselleBellax3
    Options
    k4tie82 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to share my weight loss story in hopes that it will help someone who is struggling with their weight and trying to live a healthier lifestyle.

In the last 3 ½ years I have lost 125 lbs. Before starting my journey I was 270 pounds, almost type 2 diabetic, and I was morbidly obese. I was depressed and miserable in my own skin, self-soothing with food and candy. My weight and lifestyle were slowly killing me. I wanted to be healthy, I wanted to be happy again, and I wanted to be the wife and mother my family deserved. Those things combined gave me the final push I needed to change my lifestyle.

I didn’t follow a specific program or go through weight loss surgery. I swapped all my sugar loaded drinks for water, started tracking my food using myfitnesspal, and added exercise into my daily routine. I wanted to change my lifestyle so this would become a permanent way of life. I started with small, achievable goals so I didn’t get overwhelmed with how much weight I still had to lose. I have had amazing success with myfitnesspal! I love that you can share your diary with friends, encourage one another to make healthy choices, and it’s not a specific diet plan! If you choose you can look at all your nutritional value for the day, which has been extremely helpful for me.
    I joined a local gym and I discovered a whole new passion for fitness. I reached out and found other ladies to work out with at the gym. We encourage each other, hold each other accountable, and have fun! When one of us struggles, we help each other. I started personal training and improved my strength, lost more weight, and melted away body fat. Myfitnesspal has helped me track my protein so I could build muscle, as well as my fiber so I can keep things moving ;) I have been able to accomplish things I never thought possible, and I have learned to believe in myself! Please know that weight loss is a journey and it takes time. If I can do this, you can do this! I finally have my life back and I feel great! Thank you myfitnesspal for being part of my journey!
    xmwtn3rwiv0i.jpg

• Adunolamama
    Adunolamama Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for sharing your story
  • britt923s
    Options
    Congrats girl!
  • k4tie82
    Options
    @siouxzcue Thank you for the heart warming comment! I LOVE that this is helping other people... I was pretty hesitant to share my story. I am SO thankful that I did... it seems to be helping others which is exactly what I hoped! I started with walking as well. I did some walking off the pounds videos inside at home, and walked outside. You could extend your walking time... After awhile when I needed a bigger challenge I started intervals. I would walk for 1 min, jog for 1 min. I gradually increased my distance :)
  • josieg887
    josieg887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    k4tie, I love that you exercise with your family. We go on walks and bike rides but nothing really challenging. We are climbing a mountain together this summer so we'll need a few training sessions on hills to get ready for that. I wish my family enjoyed exercise. It's such a battle to get them to do anything more than a gentle stroll.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!