55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    You are all so nice: I wish we could all be buddies IRL! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,741 Member
    Options
    luluinca wrote: »
    Checking in to say Hi! Injuries are a set back for sure but they are not the end. I've had too many to count at 67 with leading a very active lifestyle. About a year and a half ago I had frozen shoulder and couldn't lift weights, so I ran. Screwed up my knee a few months later and couldn't run but I'd worked hard in 8 weeks of PT to fix the shoulder and suddenly I could lift again.

I might be mistaken but there should always be some form of exercise we can do no matter what. I'm not talking about just losing weight, diet can cure that if you're willing to put the effort in, but exercise, no matter how minor is a huge boost to our health and self esteem. Try telling someone who sits on the couch all day that you walked a mile and see how great you feel afterwards!

Preach, sistah! :)

• griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Totally agree w/luluinca & Ann!!
  • millerliz2486
    millerliz2486 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, Terri! I'm 56 and not using a wheelchair, but certainly am experiencing dificulty losing weight. I admire your determination. A new coworker introduced me to this app just yesterday, when I mentioned that the scale just confirmed I'm at my heaviest ever. Being older and postmenapausal really does make this journey trickier. Trying to fine tune diet and exercise and hoping MFP helps! Wishing you success :)
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    After I became serious about living to be 110+ on 2013 I started watching and listening to people closing in on 100.

They seemed to be doing many of the same things as they did 50 years ago the best they could do.

They lived until their will to die became stronger than their will to live the best I could tell.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @SharonAnderegg - I agree! My husband and I have had so much fun these last several years planning meals and tweaking recipes. @dlm4mom you can learn to tweak the recipes, too. Don't worry about your chef sister. Let her do her thing, you can learn your new thing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!