So when is this amazing feeling supposed to kick in?

Options
13»

Replies

• cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    It just takes time and consistent effort. For me it struck me one day after I was able to run a mile unbroken. It got me to thinking wow my life has really changed. And then looking back I saw all the changes. The thing is I started at 378 and lost 90 pounds before I had to buy a smaller size, and list 140 before I could see the difference. I started feeling better long before that.

My advice for what it is worth is add some cardio, outside if possible. It will suck, you will hate it. If you can only walk to the mailbox or halfway around the block start there. Do it 5-6 days a week. Build up to 4 miles walking a day with a longer walk once a week say 6 miles. Or get a fitbit and work up to 10000 steps. It may take a long time think 3-6 months. But it will help your success and elevate your mood.

For me the outside really helps me deal with depression. Which has clobbered me every time I tried to lose weight over the last 20 years.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/cbeutler
    You can check out my blog. I wrote one called a funny thing happened on the way to the fourm. That addresses exactly what you are going through.

It gets better. Feel free to add me.

Ml,
    Craig
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    You just got to keep it up. You will feel a difference at some point. You are still big. Have you felt no difference in your ability to get around? I feel a difference and I have only lost 26 lbs so far and I am still 300 lbs. I can move so much easier and my mood is better. I can actually stand again and do things around the house. I am starting to grow out of my clothes and am in between a 2X and 3X. I feel so proud of myself and my husband is proud.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Could it be because you are eating 2000 calories daily? I noticed that even when you work out you do not eat back your calories. It seems pretty low for someone with your weight and height.
    Scoobie's says that your BMR is 3300, and TDEE for sedentary lifestyle is 4002. May be if you increase your calories to 2600 it could help to feel better. Also try to put more salad in your meals. It is like 20 calories per cup. Toss a can of tuna in oil on top and you have a low cal great meal.

Also, if you are alone in your working space, you can do any of the Leslie Sansone walk videos every night.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cE1jxDS3HY

That is definitely good advice. Eating 2000 calories when your TDEE is 4000 is going to make anyone super hungry, cranky, and miserable. I get super hungry when I go anywhere below 1000 calories under my TDEE.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options

This is a very good post. I think we forget about these things, because they are just "normal". I was thinking about this thread today when I was walking up some stairs behind a woman who was quite a bit bigger than me. I could have skipped up the stairs, but slowed down because she was in front of me, and she reminded me of myself in the past when I'd try to walk up the stairs without showing that I was breathless, and worrying about holding back people behind me. That doesn't happen any more.