Before and after pics for motivation!!!

Options

Replies

• jdevergillo7
    jdevergillo7 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    san0322 wrote: »
    Fantastic! How long did it take you? How tall are you?

Thanks! Took about 8 months. I was 210 on January 2008 and by the time I went to college in 2009 I was 150. I have not let my self gain a pound since! My key is always doing cardio...I have consistently gone to the gym for 5 years at least 3 times a week and have always calorie counted in my head (still will have occasional "bad foods" and drjnks ofcourse) but I always make sure to follow up a bad day with more cardio the next day. This way I can have fun, socialize, happy hours etc without the worry
  • AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You are rocking that crop top. What have you been doing by way of work outs?
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You look HOT!! Great job girlie!
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    katekc22 wrote: »
    You look great! Any tips?? I'm starting up again and get nervous because I feel like all the other times I never lose any weight

Thank you! My number one tip is to tell everyone you are trying to be healthy. Friends,family, etc. By doing this I was able to eat out with them and have fun without feeling the peer pressure to eat bad because they know I was trying. Also I felt that I felt more will power if I didn't have those chips my friends were eating because I kept to my diet and didn't mess up. Also low carb high high protein worked best for me!

Sadly, I often find the opposite. Telling people you are trying to be healthy makes them feel guilty/jealous and they kinda want you to cheat or fail to make them feel better about their inactivity or unhealthy diet.
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    Wow! You look stunning.

Thank you so much
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    mrsKOrtiz wrote: »
    You look HOT!! Great job girlie!

Thank you!!!!!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    You look amazing! You are rocking that crop top. What have you been doing by way of work outs?

Thank you!!!

I do intervals on the treadmill for 45 minutes. Basically walk 2 minutes on 4.0 with incline of 10 then run 2 minutes on 6-7.5 on incline of 2 and switch the times and pace everyday. I try to do some crunches, leg lifts, planks 5 times a week just before bed. I also will do the elliptical in place of treadmill at times. I lost the weight in beginning all from treadmill and ab work outs helped me not have loose skin now. Let me know if you need anymore tips!
  • Amisha136
    Amisha136 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You also seemed to have a goal in mind... wanting to start college off on your best foot. I love that... reminds me to set some goals too. :smile:
  • erojoy
    erojoy Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Congrats on nearing your goals. :D
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    Amisha136 wrote: »
    You also seemed to have a goal in mind... wanting to start college off on your best foot. I love that... reminds me to set some goals too. :smile:

Yes goals are great! Short term and long term! Usually I tell myself in beginning of the day what my goals are. Today it is to save about 600 calories for dinner so I can indulge in NYC tonight with my friends. So today I am eating high protein low carb throughout the day and lots of veggies. Set a goal everyday!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    3shirts wrote: »
    katekc22 wrote: »
    You look great! Any tips?? I'm starting up again and get nervous because I feel like all the other times I never lose any weight

Thank you! My number one tip is to tell everyone you are trying to be healthy. Friends,family, etc. By doing this I was able to eat out with them and have fun without feeling the peer pressure to eat bad because they know I was trying. Also I felt that I felt more will power if I didn't have those chips my friends were eating because I kept to my diet and didn't mess up. Also low carb high high protein worked best for me!

Sadly, I often find the opposite. Telling people you are trying to be healthy makes them feel guilty/jealous and they kinda want you to cheat or fail to make them feel better about their inactivity or unhealthy diet.

Hmm that can be true! Get new friends :P jk lol
  • hopkins965
    hopkins965 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful transformation! You look incredible!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    hopkins965 wrote: »
    What a wonderful transformation! You look incredible!

Thanks!!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Wow you look awesome!

And that outfit is on point! <3
  • indians1975
    indians1975 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. I bet you feel incredible.
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Wow you look awesome!

And that outfit is on point! <3

Aww thanks so much!!!!!
  • jdevergillo7
    Options
    Amazing transformation. I bet you feel incredible.

Thank you so much! :)
  • jrjumpshot
    Options
    Stunning! Keep it up!
  • gems1313
    gems1313 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
  • Venuslove5
    Options
    What kinds of high protein n low carb foods do you eat??? (You look great and healthy!)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!