40 lb off, 5 ft 0, keeping going, age 40

Options
2»

Replies

• Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    charmmeth wrote: »
    Good for you! If you don't mind my asking, how long ago was the third picture? I am wondering how far "back" in my weight history I might aim to get to!
    The beach pic was taken 12 years ago and I must have been 29 when I think about it. I stayed slim until age 34 ( though to be honest going up to 9 st) and then piled it all on, finally deciding to get rid of it again age 40.
  • Panda307
    Panda307 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So inspiring you look amazing!!
  • samshappymom
    Options
    katkins73 wrote: »
    So motivating. You look fabulous :)

• flowerhouse
    flowerhouse Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look great well done
  • samshappymom
    Options
    Brand new at this -- so inspired and ready now!! Over 40 so thank you for the inspiration. A question: I feel crabby when I am hungry -- what can I do so I don't drive my family crazy?
  • Ooci
    Options
    Aww - thank all! There's only one thing I can do with intense crabby hunger and the exhaustion that goes with it - and that's eat! I had three large slabs of chocolate cake yesterday during a particularly hungry day. Why my weight loss is slow but I just can't deal with hunger either!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You look so fit and healthy! Fabulous work! And I love your attitude - eating on 'hungry days' acknowledges that we're all human but our goals are still achievable. :smile:
  • poppysierra
    poppysierra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Lovely photos and inspiration especially the bit about time and forgiving yourself for lapses. I've been tracking now for 3 weeks and even took a 'before' photo. I don't notice any difference in the mirror which is what I go on as I don't want to be held hostage to the scales! So as you advised I'm just going to keep at it :)
  • Ooci
    Options
    A lot of people do the trouser test - same trousers, every week - watch them drop off. It's quite a kind way and allows for that extra heaviness of new muscle tone which the scales so unkindly show. I find it interesting to look back at images of me at 9st 9, 7 yrs ago - I was a dress size larger which shows the last 7 yrs, which I've spent renovating a Georgian house, have built muscle.

Nevertheless there's still a good 20 lb of fat on me especially in the middle section. And I'm going to say goodbye to it - kindly, slowly, and steadily, with lots of treats along the way.

I learned a lesson that I went to two parties at Christmas in the same week. The first was my tennis ladies party and it was a sedate affair with everyone being very polite and watching their alcohol consumption. The second was the Slimming World ladies Christmas do which was a riot of face-stuffing, silly dancing, rude jokes and excess wine smuggled in the handbag - bottle after bottle kept appearing. Fat people have more fun. I never want to lose my joie de vivre, never want to be the one to go home first, even though being slim IS important. Only one life, live it well!
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    HOT!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!