What do you think of stores opinions about "plus sizes"

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Here's what I think. I don't go shopping so I don't have to buy from there. Ha plus size that!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    katw0man_ wrote: »
    karyabc wrote: »
    at least you have stores that offer the clothes! i live outside the U.S and wouldn't care if they label huge clothes store i would buy it, there's only 1 plus size store in my whole country and the clothes are so Fuglyyyy :\
    you basically can't find anything ever that is beyond an 18 size at much ever

That's so *kitten* up

yes it is! when i went for the first time to the U.S this was my face :o:o:o holy $h!T they do make clothes for aliens like me and look in 3 different clothes :D
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    LOL *colors
  • Mantha18
    Mantha18 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I agree US women seem to have it so much easier. In the UK there are one or two "plus size" stores and you always pay a premium for them (though one I absolutely love and am willing to pay more for because their stuff looks good and is well designed for curvy girls). Some high street stores have plus size sections but i've found in the 10 years i've been "plus sized" the range is ridiculously small and often either basic styles or (the more stylish) just larger versions of small sizes so they dont fit properly. You can't scale up a size 6 with no hips or boobs and expect it to fit a size 20 with an hourglass figure. I don't even bother with New look anymore...I was sooo excited when they first started doing larger clothes and the range was decent enough then but now i go into a store and the plus size section is like 2 racks, if they have one at all!
    And sizing really winds me up! because size 6 has snuck its way into mainstream sizes (in my teenage years, you struggled to find a size 8) it's now normal for size 16 to be the maximum size they do. And when they are converted to s,m,l etc it gets ridiculous. A size 20 christmas top I looked at online was classified as a 6xl! Luckily I don't get hung up on the size as long as it looks good, but I did email the seller to check it wasn't a mistake lol. And when I bought a waterproof jacket, the brand do both mens and womens, cut and shaped exactly the same, just in different colour combinations, the mens size 2xl fit but the womens I needed a 5xl. Even if the mens was a looser cut it shouldn't count for a three size difference!

Ok rant over. I'm sorry about that.

I agree with other posters that it is a useful distiction and department classification (like petite, junior etc) but in a lot of stores it does feel like they don't care about the plus size department - it's always tiny or messy or tucked away in a corner. Thank god for internet shopping! =p

oh and karyabc my fiance is 6'4", 23st with size 16(uk) feet.....he came back from america with a whole suitcase full of new clothes and shoes.....