Getting into a calorie surplus can be hard for some

Options

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I think I've given off the wrong impression about how I do my work (whether it be school or other things in life). I will make an effort from now on to look harder for finding a job. It's obvious to me this is what I should have said when I first answered whether I have the ability to find a job. It's clear to me now that my last few posts in this thread missed the bigger picture. I was still trying to make this about me bulking right now, when that's not what the rest of you were talking about.
  • courtney965
    courtney965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Eat lot of protein,carbs healthy fats and lift weights to bulk up!
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

excellent advice!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

excellent advice!

^this

Too bad we went 18 pages without anyone else offering this suggestion.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

excellent advice!

^this

The first time I try to forum while on the elliptical, and I nearly fall off reading this...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

excellent advice!

^this

Aye, I even liked it when Kyle said it on page one! ;)
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    My word boy i know its a shame you didnt just walk into that job of your dreams but by jiminy put some effort in. My town had nothing going. I upped and moved to a different country, wrote letters to 51 companys who wernt activly hiring and had a job by the end of the week as they were impressed by my drive

Minimum wage pays more than sod all and will give you money to buy your surplus food and get you set up after that first pay check with a gym membership

Stop making excuses your not a little kid any more
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Step 1: Get off the f***ing computer. Or at least off of MFP and onto one of the many jobsites there are - many of which were posted above.

Step 2: F*** "your field." You have no job - go to McDonald's or something.

Step 3: Get paid.

FFS, already.

Sometimes we need to swallow what pride we have a just go work. I know plenty of college graduates that had to go get work doing something that had nothing to do with their field of studies.

agreed …I called senior citizens for 7.00 an hour to see if they wanted to discuss the new medicare benefits for some insurance company when I got out of college. The work sucked but I did it because I needed the money and eventually I landed a job with the company that I am a part owner of now ….

Opportunity is not going to just knock on your door, you have to go out and actively seek it…or you can just sit around all day and poo poo everything….
  • ndj1979
    Options

I think someone said that on page 1 too ...
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

I think someone said that on page 1 too ...

Eat big, lift big, get a job...that's about it.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this saga is continuing.

Bodyweight training is free. You would be surprised what you could do without a gym membership. Run to a local park and do some dips and pullups on playground equipment. Quit wasting the prime of your musclebuilding years. Had you been doing nothing but pushups since this thread started you would be doing 100 consecutive pushups by now and if you ate you would be showing a little chest development. Maybe not enough others would notice but enough you would... which is more than I am betting has been accomplished so far.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Step 1: Get off the f***ing computer. Or at least off of MFP and onto one of the many jobsites there are - many of which were posted above.

Step 2: F*** "your field." You have no job - go to McDonald's or something.

Step 3: Get paid.

FFS, already.

Sometimes we need to swallow what pride we have a just go work. I know plenty of college graduates that had to go get work doing something that had nothing to do with their field of studies.

agreed …I called senior citizens for 7.00 an hour to see if they wanted to discuss the new medicare benefits for some insurance company when I got out of college. The work sucked but I did it because I needed the money and eventually I landed a job with the company that I am a part owner of now ….

Opportunity is not going to just knock on your door, you have to go out and actively seek it…or you can just sit around all day and poo poo everything….

You're responsible for that???? I want my money back.

your a senior citizen?????
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM - PM your bank account info and routing number and I will get that refund over to you ASAP…..
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Also, I'm kind of glad Jo isn't around. Isn't she working 3 jobs to support herself right now?

I love that you thought of me ;)

I was at the gym- and b/c of the doctor's appointment fasting thing- I've been really kind of between internet's... plus practice- something about practice.

I'm shoveling the last of my food in as I type (Shsshesss 730 is like 8 in doctor terms)

Anyway- technically it's 4- but yeah.
    I work as an engineer for the state.
    I work at my dance studio as a do all person (I mostly run the front desk- but I shovel snow- cast salt- and I clean the studio 2x weekly) so I can take classes there.
    I dance regular weekly gigs on Friday and Saturday nights (My classes are Saturday and Sunday also)
    And in my "spare" time I make my own costuming- or I do custome costume orders for people.

So it's more like 3. 5 jobs- but you get the point. 3 of those jobs require me to SHOW UP somewhere- so it's not like I'm working for home or running one internet cafe job while I'm at work that just requires maintenance.

And I suppose if I JUST had the income from my gigs- I'd be totally fine. But dancing = costume = money. and lessons. And workshops.
    So it's a vicious cycle.

plus the horse
    plus the student loans.

I have caviar dreams on a state workers budget- so guess what- I find a way to make what I want happen in my life FCKING HAPPEN.

Get off your lazy *kitten* and go get a damn job.
    cut grass- work at a gym- learn to be an inspector for a construction company- check out material testors- travel the state- work jobs sites- be a little physical. Pay sucks- travel hours suck- but at least it's work (did that for 5 years looking for a "real job") a monkey can do it.

I also think you're the best troll we've probably ever seen here in the gaining section.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Yay! Jason's back :)

Jason, get a job. Don't be snobby - if you can't get a job in the field you want you just need to do something else (retail, manufacturing, cleaning whatever). When something comes up that you do want to do, you're far more likely to get the position if you're already working.

If you've been applying for this kind of stuff already then you need to brush up on your application skills - forms are important, it's the first impression of you a potential employer sees - so make them count.

Eat a 500 (or 250) calorie surplus.

Get a bodyweight programme off somewhere like nerd fitness. Also dumbbell routines.

AND don't stay away so long. If you're a troll - you're the original and best :)
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Sell the machine and get a bench, some free weights, and start doing some compound exercises, you can't lift much right now so it won't be that expensive to buy it, use your dumbells for sumos, deadlifts, dumbell rows etc..

If your waiting for someone to give you a workout plan and you haven't gotten it yet, best bet your not going to get one. Their a millions on the Internet. Start with a beginner, with your weight and strength, your workout should be short. Make sure it has a lot of compound exercises in it.

Get a pull up bar, their cheap, like the ones you see on afv, where people fall in their *kitten*, shouldn't happen to you, your a small guy. If you can't afford it, make one with two chairs, some towels and a broom stick.

About the job, I know it's hard and frustrating not getting one, but keep your chin up, hopefully something will swing your way.

Lastly, once you printed off a routine, cancel your internet, phone and any other things you don't need until you find a job, you'll need that money for food and weights, as you get stronger you'll need more.

Stop taking this *kitten* and put your frustration to some good use.

Good luck.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    MrM - PM your bank account info and routing number and I will get that refund over to you ASAP…..

You Nigerian now brah?

somalian actually ….