Low calorie options on the go

Options
guys if u have any foods that u know know off that are low in calories tasty(u like it

Replies

• JBuchananon
    JBuchananon Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try an Apple... ;)
  • Phoebeg1723
    Phoebeg1723 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love popcorn as a low calorie snack.
    Apples aren't actually as low in calories as the above person would think!
    What about carrot sticks and a dip that you can pre prepare at home and just whip out if you fancy it?
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    I like snacking on carrots. Not such a fun of apples. Sugar free jelly is only 10kcal too
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by on the go? Can you sit when you eat?
  • addiemax0611
    Options
    Sting cheese (they even make some with jalapeños in it) 80 calories, rice cakes, laughing cow cheese wedges (50 calories). Fruits and veggies
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I really like Oloves. Single serving packets of seasoned olives, my favorites are the basil and garlic, and lemon lovers. Only about 50-ish calories per packet.
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    Yeah. I just mean something easy. Doesn't take time to make. Quick snack
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Prep fruit at home,peel,slice etc. Yoghurt,dill pickles,pepper strips,dry cereal,hard boiled eggs,warm soup in wide mouth thermos.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I like to carry Belvita breakfast biscuits. I like the blueberry.
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    All sound amazing:-)
  • JBuchananon
    Options
    Popcorn is one of the WORST things you could possibly eat...
  • JoanaMHill
    JoanaMHill Posts: 265 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Edit messed up so duplicate post
  • JoanaMHill
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Popcorn is one of the WORST things you could possibly eat...

Three tablespoons of unpopped Wal-Mart brand air pop kernels is 130 calories. It produces more than enough to fill a sandwich bag, and spray it with oil or just a little bit of salt and you're hardly adding anything. Add to that only 1.5 grams of fat (poly and monounsaturated) and 5 grams of fiber, and I don't see how it can be "the worst thing you could possibly eat."

• JBuchananon
    Options
    ...everyone here is only concerned with calories... you'll eat anything if it's low cal! Eat what you want.
  • JoanaMHill
    Options
    ...everyone here is only concerned with calories... you'll eat anything if it's low cal! Eat what you want.

Notice I also included that it's low-fat and has fiber. Fiber helps keep you full and helps with digestion. I agree you should eat what you want (in moderation) but I'd thank you to read my full post before making comments.
  • JBuchananon
    Options
    Yes because you read the nutrition facts you feel you know something. You have no idea the effects of popcorn on your body. You still think low fat is good.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favorite grab-and-go foods:
    -Frozen fruit. It's easy to portion out a serving in a plastic bag, take it with you, and have it thaw by the time you eat. Frozen blueberries also satisfies my ice cream cravings for only 60 Calories per cup.
    -Nuts. Some companies have small 100-Calorie nut packs. I keep a ton of these in my purse for snacking.
    -Eggs. I love having deviled eggs and cheese as a snack. The fat and protein in them keep me full for at least a solid 6 hours.
    -Mini babybell cheese. I prefer "splurging" on 20 Calories and getting the original version. It keeps me fuller much longer than the lite version.
    -Greek yogurt. It helps me a lot in reaching my protein macros.
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    Meringues I know they pure sugar but we got to treat ourself sometimes. Evening in moderation right
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yes because you read the nutrition facts you feel you know something. You have no idea the effects of popcorn on your body. You still think low fat is good.

Based on the few posts of yours that I have read, you fall into the category of " feel you know something ".
  • JBuchananon
    Options

Based on the few posts of yours that I have read, you fall into the category of " feel you know something ".

I don't feel, I know I do. Hey do what you would like. The vibes I getting from MFP are basically how to lose weight any means necessary! It's wild! Good bye, I'll stick to my own posts.