Low calorie options on the go

Options

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Yes because you read the nutrition facts you feel you know something. You have no idea the effects of popcorn on your body. You still think low fat is good.

Based on the few posts of yours that I have read, you fall into the category of " feel you know something ".

I don't feel, I know I do. Hey do what you would like. The vibes I getting from MFP are basically how to lose weight any means necessary! It's wild! Good bye, I'll stick to my own posts.

Superiority complex. Got it. You could not be further from the truth about MFP being an " any means necessary " place. But there is low tolerance to know it alls who think they are smarter than everyone else. If you are as smart as you say you are, how about spend some time and browse the forums, read the sticky's, get a feel for the place rather than busting in the door telling everyone that they are doing it wrong. I'm sure you could compliment the forums if you get off your high horse.
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    This app is about helping people. Not who knows more. The proof is in a pudding. All I say stick to what works for u. All in moderation does it for me. I still have sugary things but stick to my calorie allowance and it works for me
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    Oh and I love the go ahead bars. 2 bars 99kcal
  • n1tnguy
    Options
    A bell pepper. Has great taste, decent volume, low calorie, essential vitamins.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are my personal favourite. I prep, cut and freeze fruit so it's always handy to throw in the blender with a little coconut milk, almond milk, or even water. I can make a smoothie in 2 minutes, and as I don't add sugar I end up with a large smoothie (12-16 oz) with under 150 cal. Adding vanilla extract kicks it up a notch for citrus/tropical smoothies (mango, orange or pineapple).

Beyond that, air-popped popcorn, clementines, kiwis, whole carrots, half a bagel with cream cheese. Also chips and salsa--Tostitos bite-size rounds with hot salsa comes to 150 cal for 25 g (about 20 chips) and 4 tbsp (or a 1/4 cup) of salsa. Or boil chicken broth (1.5 cup) and add 45 g of capellini spezzati noodles for a cup o' soup at about 160 cal.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Yes because you read the nutrition facts you feel you know something. You have no idea the effects of popcorn on your body. You still think low fat is good.

Based on the few posts of yours that I have read, you fall into the category of " feel you know something ".

I don't feel, I know I do. Hey do what you would like. The vibes I getting from MFP are basically how to lose weight any means necessary! It's wild! Good bye, I'll stick to my own posts.

Yet you've never attempted to explain why popcorn is bad. Then again, you also apparently think iron is organic, so...
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    Smoothies are my personal favourite. I prep, cut and freeze fruit so it's always handy to throw in the blender with a little coconut milk, almond milk, or even water. I can make a smoothie in 2 minutes, and as I don't add sugar I end up with a large smoothie (12-16 oz) with under 150 cal. Adding vanilla extract kicks it up a notch for citrus/tropical smoothies (mango, orange or pineapple).

Beyond that, air-popped popcorn, clementines, kiwis, whole carrots, half a bagel with cream cheese. Also chips and salsa--Tostitos bite-size rounds with hot salsa comes to 150 cal for 25 g (about 20 chips) and 4 tbsp (or a 1/4 cup) of salsa. Or boil chicken broth (1.5 cup) and add 45 g of capellini spezzati noodles for a cup o' soup at about 160 cal.
    Sounds amazing
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    n1tnguy wrote: »

What's a bell pepper?
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    abatonfan wrote: »
    Here are some of my favorite grab-and-go foods:
    -Frozen fruit. It's easy to portion out a serving in a plastic bag, take it with you, and have it thaw by the time you eat. Frozen blueberries also satisfies my ice cream cravings for only 60 Calories per cup.
    -Nuts. Some companies have small 100-Calorie nut packs. I keep a ton of these in my purse for snacking.
    -Eggs. I love having deviled eggs and cheese as a snack. The fat and protein in them keep me full for at least a solid 6 hours.
    -Mini babybell cheese. I prefer "splurging" on 20 Calories and getting the original version. It keeps me fuller much longer than the lite version.
    -Greek yogurt. It helps me a lot in reaching my protein macros.

Very healthy
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    I like to carry Belvita breakfast biscuits. I like the blueberry.

Have you tried bel it's yogurt ones?
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    caramel rice cakes
    apples/banana
    crackers and hummus or bean dip
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Popcorn
    Greek yogurt
    Apple
    Banana
    Berries
    Grapes
    100 calorie packs of nuts
    Rice cakes
    String cheese
    Veggies with hummus
    Hard boiled eggs
    Fiber One bars
    Slim Jim
    Ostrim meat stick
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    A wee bowl of leeks and apple cubes, natural low fat yogurt and sultanas.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

What's a bell pepper?

I think it's just like the peppers we get that come in green, red, yellow and orange. I'm not sure if they have a more specific name in the UK than just 'peppers' lol.

I like rice cakes with something on...marmite, Philadelphia light, peanut butter, jam (not all together).

Babybels are nice.

I'm waiting to find out why popcorn is bad. That skinny topcorn stuff is nice. My 3 year old likes it.
  • Yawnetu
    Yawnetu Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mini carrots using hummus as a dip. Or use the tiny colorful peppers as a dip...protein, fiber, flavor, natural vitamins...can't go wrong.
  • sahi2lynn
    sahi2lynn Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    When I make smoothies, I make extras and freeze them in a plastic cup with a cover. I grab a frozen smoothy and a straw when I am on the run.
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    I like to carry Belvita breakfast biscuits. I like the blueberry.

Have you tried bel it's

What's a bell pepper?

I think it's just like the peppers we get that come in green, red, yellow and orange. I'm not sure if they have a more specific name in the UK than just 'peppers' lol.

I like rice cakes with something on...marmite, Philadelphia light, peanut butter, jam (not all together).

Babybels are nice.

I'm waiting to find out why popcorn is bad. That skinny topcorn stuff is nice. My 3 year old likes it.

That make sense. Hehe. Nowadays someone probably got something on anything out there
  • gemmakernutt
    Options
    Soreen mini banana loaf.Tasty and full of energy!
  • mmmprincessmmm
    Options
    Weight watchers meals by Heinz are often low in calories
  • melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I always keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge. And homemade beef jerky. Low calorie and high in protein.