People at work think I'm weird?

Options
13»

Replies

• varshy86
    varshy86 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! Also, I have a friend who thinks I'm just wasting my time and says having a child will keep you fit since they keep you busy. I wish I had the guts to tell her it's not working for her since she's a total blimp with a terrible diet to boot.

*Positive thoughts!*
  • Josyurtos23
    Josyurtos23 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    If I had guns like those, sir, I'd be flexing at them and saying something to the effect of "Argue with the results, man!" You look fantastic, you're healthy, and the egg whites thing works for you, who gives a crap what a bunch of middle-school-brained coworkers have to say?

I agree with ^
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    M1SS703 wrote: »
    M1SS703 wrote: »
    It's funny: I work in a camp setting, so eat all of my meals with coworkers. It AMAZES me how a person can eat a plate with hamburgers, French fries and gravy and no one says a word, but when I show up at the table with a salad with chicken breast and a tiny sprinkle of shredded cheese, how quickly people jump on the ol' healthy eating bandwagon and start laying into me about cheese being unhealthy!!

People don't understand why we do what we do, and when they see us putting effort into health, it makes them feel guilty that they aren't making the same commitment. To compensate for their guilt, they try to make others who ARE focusing on their health feel stupid about it.

Laugh it off. In the end, it comes down to their insecurity. You are the better person for it! :)

I doubt very seriously that they feel guilty about eating hamburgers and fries...besides...what's wrong with eating a hamburger and fries?

They feel guilty when they are fat and they see someone losing weight. I know because I was one of those people.

I guess I just know different types of people because they give a fig about feeling guilty about the burger and fries they eat. I know I don't/didn't feel guilty about it.

Besides...who said that those people were fat? Fat people are the only people that eat burgers and fries?

No, fat people are the only ones who'd have the potential of feeling guilty about eating a lot. Again, I know this because I was one and many of my friends who were fat felt the same. Now that I am in very good shape I brag about eating a lot.

I honestly think you're looking too deeply into this.

For clarity, it's usually people who are unhealthy who feel the need to comment to me, and those same people are choosing hamburgers and fries over salad and chicken breasts.

But like I said...it's not wrong to eat the burger and fries...so why do you think it is? That's what I'd like to know. Don't get me wrong, I love salads with grilled chicken on them...but NO food is wrong when you are trying to lose weight.

There are already about 5 threads dealing with this, and it is a little tiring. This thread isn't even about this.

• kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    You know what they say about opinions....;) everybody's got one.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm my experience, I work with all guys, if they gang up and put one "in the barrel" the only way out is not to let them get to you. They see any sign of weekness and it never stops. "Whites" isn't bad, it could be worse. Don't let them get to you, you'll have to sort of embrace it so it's not so much fun for them.

Like someone else said, eat the yolk an be like, the yolks on you guys...