How many people do just calories in/calories out?

Options
124»

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Awesome post @kyta32‌
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »
    CICO is how I do fat loss. The things I do that allow CICO for fat loss possible, or at least easier are - in order of importance:
    • Including dairy in my diet (essential for me)
    • Exercise (cardio and strength in a format that I find motivating and affordable) Intense exercise can lower hunger levels
    • Challenging my fear of hunger. I can bear it, I won't have to bear it for long, and it doesn't mean my diet has failed/I'm a failure/I'm back to being broke, hungry and abandoned at the lowest part of my life
    • Logging
    • Micros
    • Having enough protein/fiber
    • Lowering added sugars and total carbs
    • Eating protein with my carbs
    • Awareness of water weight patterns
    • Going into ketosis (don't know why this as happening, but not being hungry really helps)
    • Remembering why I want to lose weight
    • Managing stress and using constructive or optimistic self-talk
    • Staying busy (typing/crocheting/sketching fingers can't move food towards my mouth)
    • Awareness of how different foods affect me, and eating healthier
    • Having strategies for when family pushes food on me
    • Avoiding triggering situations (i.e. don't go shopping/to the food court hungry)
    • Researching restaurant menus and healthy snacks when I can't eat at home (i.e. travelling)
    • Accepting that I'm obsessing over dieting, and enjoying it (checking out forums, trying out recipes, checking out obesity, weight-loss, and fitness research, chatting with friends)
    • Challenging my fear of attention, and accepting what I lose with the weight. Isn't it weird, how being overweight has the power to make you invisible? I'm not as strong when I'm smaller, but I'm not vulnerable either.
    • Trail jogging while obese (strangers will tell you how great you are doing)
    • Success - people you know will tell you what an inspiration you are

There are many right ways to lose fat. Good luck :)

Great post! I do a lot of that, too. :)

As I "run" (and I use that word loosely), neighbors take note. I've talked to more people who live on other streets in the neighborhood since I began all this. One guy calls out encouraging phrases. I'd still do it without any help, but it's nice to hear, ya know?

It's awesome how much support you get when you're losing! There really are a ton of supportive people out there.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    tigersword wrote: »
    cerad2 wrote: »
    allanakern wrote: »
    that's literally the only way.
    The only way for what?

The only way to lose weight. Expend more calories than you eat. All the expensive fancy diets just make up a bunch of marketing crap to hide the fact that they are just creating a calorie deficit.

That's right. Calories in, calories out. A 200-calorie Twinkie equals 200 calories of grilled fish = 200 calories of vodka = 200 calories of avocado = 200 calories of Ben and Jerry's = 200 calories of salad. It makes no difference.

And do not pay any attention to the frauds and charlatans like William Davis, Gary Taubes, Robert Lustig, Nina Teicholz, Jimmy Moore, Jonathan Bailor, and the dozens of others who have written books debunking CICO. They are only in it for the money.

Then there are hundreds of heretical videos on YouTube like this one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wNp1fmkOis

Remeber - a calorie is a calorie! Anyone suggesting otherwise should be burned at the stake!
    Yep, they are in it for the money. Lol at Jimmy Moore, that guy keeps getting larger and larger even following a keto diet just lol
  • dawn0293
    dawn0293 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Calories in, calories out is the method that I've been using too.